RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 4:27:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Tropical depression here. [:D]

No wind to speak of in Raleigh, just some good rain, which we needed. [8D]

Tropical depression, eh? Isn't that when you realize that your Turks and Caicos trip is still MONTHS away? [;)]

ETA: Headin' to Cozumel in mid-June sans kids. Lovely, lovely, lovely. [8D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 4:28:31 PM)

Ooh...a Cozumel UNP. Lookin' good. Lookin' reaalll good (OINK OINK OINK)...[8D]

What a great movie that was...any guesses from the Threadians?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 5:14:06 PM)

Babe?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 5:38:53 PM)

quote:

Babe?

[BUZZZZZ!!!!] Wrong. [;)]

ETA: You weren't calling me a babe, were you? [:'(]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 6:03:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Ooh...a Cozumel UNP. Lookin' good. Lookin' reaalll good (OINK OINK OINK)...[8D]

What a great movie that was...any guesses from the Threadians?

...trading places? the pork belly reference is a bit out of place, though...i thought they scored on orange futures...

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 6:07:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Babe?

[BUZZZZZ!!!!] Wrong. [;)]

ETA: You weren't calling me a babe, were you? [:'(]

How are things in the big city Pigs Eye?[;)]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 7:26:58 PM)

You guys are WAAAY off.

Think 1980s teen anthem movies. Lost love, fast cars, love renewed.

I'll give you another hint:

"It be a shame when someone be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy."

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 7:34:11 PM)

Better Off Dead. [8D]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 7:46:04 PM)

quote:

Babe?

Woof !! Yeah !! the whole Gulf of Mexico is tweaked.

Went to Publix, and they are still carrying GA peaches. Now GA peaches are good, don't get me wrong. But the season was seriously early and Chilton County has a crop good to go. But the chain store buyers have their little sequence that says GA, then AL, then someother place, then the particleboard tastelessness of CA and South America. So Chilton County ain't gonna happen this year. Early ripening, early sun and heat to bring up the sweetness, but that very sweetness causes early sugar rot. Woof !!

Now, Mobile to Chilton County ain't all that far, but what the shoot do I do with two bushels of God's own peaches, Batman??

I can do pies, I can spread them over waffles, I can do peach/pecan salad, I can do lots of stuff, but two frikkin bushels?? Hep me !! Hep me!!

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 7:48:36 PM)

quote:

Better Off Dead. [8D]

Right-o, USS Mike. [8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 8:13:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

Babe?

Woof !! Yeah !! the whole Gulf of Mexico is tweaked.

Went to Publix, and they are still carrying GA peaches. Now GA peaches are good, don't get me wrong. But the season was seriously early and Chilton County has a crop good to go. But the chain store buyers have their little sequence that says GA, then AL, then someother place, then the particleboard tastelessness of CA and South America. So Chilton County ain't gonna happen this year. Early ripening, early sun and heat to bring up the sweetness, but that very sweetness causes early sugar rot. Woof !!

Now, Mobile to Chilton County ain't all that far, but what the shoot do I do with two bushels of God's own peaches, Batman??

I can do pies, I can spread them over waffles, I can do peach/pecan salad, I can do lots of stuff, but two frikkin bushels?? Hep me !! Hep me!!

Make a 2 foot diameter cobbler. I'll bring some ice cream and a BIG spoon. [:D]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 9:22:17 PM)

quote:

Ya know, that don't sound bad. Big 'ole peach cobler and a block party. Yeah !! If you come, though, it's gotta be Blue Bell ice cream;

Can't help but wonder;
How someone like Blue Bell;
Gets so many good things;
In a carton that size.

bring a BIG spoon, Bro.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 10:35:25 PM)

quote:

quote:

Ya know, that don't sound bad. Big 'ole peach cobler and a block party. Yeah !! If you come, though, it's gotta be Blue Bell ice cream;

Can't help but wonder;
How someone like Blue Bell;
Gets so many good things;
In a carton that size.

bring a BIG spoon, Bro.

Movin' to the country
Gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country
Movin' to the country
Movin' to the country

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 10:48:01 PM)

[:D][:D]
You can come, too, Kwik E.[;)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 11:09:05 PM)

Is it possible the History Channel came up with a good program?[X(] The Hatfield's & McCoy's was pretty good last night.
Personally, I'm rootin' for the Hatfield's.[;)]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 11:38:16 PM)

quote:

...Blue Bell is nice, but to get the REAL experience, you've got to break out the hand cranked ice cream makin' machine out in granny's back yard...wooden exterior bucket with the metal interior bucket...cream, sugar, maybe some peaches or strawberries mixed in...start crankin' and don't forget to add the rock salt in between the buckets to keep the ice cold and colder...'bout the time the lightnin' bugs start flittin' about and the katydids start their moonlit serenade, the rag holding down the crank mechanism is soakin' wet and frigid cold...pop's arm is tired, but he takes over since us yougun's don't have the stamina and catchin' lightnin' bugs starts to seem a whole lot more interesting after a few turns on the crank...granny's got the warm peach cobbler all sliced up and ready in the multicolored aluminum bowls ready for a scoop or two of summer time goodness on the top...RIP, granny...you made summer time a magical time for a young country boy...[&o]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/30/2012 11:42:11 PM)

Just watched a program about RAF CASEVAC flights from Afghanistan to the UK. Very heavy stuff.

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 12:01:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

...Blue Bell is nice, but to get the REAL experience, you've got to break out the hand cranked ice cream makin' machine out in granny's back yard...wooden exterior bucket with the metal interior bucket...cream, sugar, maybe some peaches or strawberries mixed in...start crankin' and don't forget to add the rock salt in between the buckets to keep the ice cold and colder...'bout the time the lightnin' bugs start flittin' about and the katydids start their moonlit serenade, the rag holding down the crank mechanism is soakin' wet and frigid cold...pop's arm is tired, but he takes over since us yougun's don't have the stamina and catchin' lightnin' bugs starts to seem a whole lot more interesting after a few turns on the crank...granny's got the warm peach cobbler all sliced up and ready in the multicolored aluminum bowls ready for a scoop or two of summer time goodness on the top...RIP, granny...you made summer time a magical time for a young country boy...[&o]

Darn it, Boy, you pulled on the heartstrings with that one. And rightly so. I bow to granny, with my most profound respects.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 12:12:10 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Darn it, Boy, you pulled on the heartstrings with that one. And rightly so. I bow to granny, with my most profound respects.

...she's been gone a while now, but those summer nights seem like yesterday...i think sometime in the late 60's or early 70's she went high falootin' and got a version with a fancy eelectronic motor...not the same, but all was/is forgiven...[sm=innocent0004.gif]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 12:47:35 AM)

Lucky you, Kwik E, to have a gramma like that. [&o][&o][&o] As we get older, it's funny the things we remember, isn't it?

Well, here's a prayer and a candle to your gran; may she rest with the Saints. Kinda think God will know who I mean when I say Kwik E's Gramma; He's good about that kinda stuff.

Ah, well, Stanley Cup starts tonight. Utterly detest the Kings, and the Devils fill me with inertia. Only other thing on TV is a Cajun cooking show, Iron Chef - duck (in Chinese), or the Movie That Will Not Be Named (somebody really ought to call the studio). Poo, will have to do Master and Commander again.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 12:58:19 AM)

quote:

Lucky you, Kwik E, to have a gramma like that. [&o][&o][&o] As we get older, it's funny the things we remember, isn't it?

Well, here's a prayer and a candle to your gran; may she rest with the Saints. Kinda think God will know who I mean when I say Kwik E's Gramma; He's good about that kinda stuff.

Ah, well, Stanley Cup starts tonight. Utterly detest the Kings, and the Devils fill me with inertia. Only other thing on TV is a Cajun cooking show, Iron Chef - duck (in Chinese), or the Movie That Will Not Be Named (somebody really ought to call the studio). Poo, will have to do Master and Commander again.

...there's always king baby and the culture club (Heat) versus GI Joe and the headband gang (Celtics)...

alaviner -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 1:03:01 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

...she's been gone a while now, but those summer nights seem like yesterday...i think sometime in the late 60's or early 70's she went high falootin' and got a version with a fancy eelectronic motor...not the same, but all was/is forgiven...[sm=innocent0004.gif]

Add a glass of granny's sweet ice tea while you're churnin'

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 3:45:48 AM)

Free hockey in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. [8D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 9:56:47 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 12:23:53 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 12:25:45 PM)

Round 2 of hockey tryouts for my son start tonight. He wasn't selected for the AAA level team, so now it's AA. He's worked really hard to improve over the last year and I know he will do well. The only question is, "Will it matter?"

Trying to remain detached..... [:D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 1:31:06 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Round 2 of hockey tryouts for my son start tonight. He wasn't selected for the AAA level team, so now it's AA. He's worked really hard to improve over the last year and I know he will do well. The only question is, "Will it matter?"

Trying to remain detached..... [:D]

Fingers crossed Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
I was just about to ask you about next round today...

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 3:49:57 PM)

Thank god he doesn't drive for me [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/27311/39C1995E4D284F0CAF2B3A7871284B9A.jpg[/image]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 3:59:26 PM)

rough nite need coffee tithe....

but i'm not going to a coffee shop this morning.....

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 4:12:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Thank god he doesn't drive for me [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/27311/39C1995E4D284F0CAF2B3A7871284B9A.jpg[/image]

Broke Back Prairie?[:D]

Page: <<   < prev  213 214 [215] 216 217   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI