RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 5:36:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

wow......i just realized that the shootings yesterday in Seattle occured at a Cafe i've gone too a couple times. The name hadn't sparked the memory as its not one I frequent alot. Then i saw the video still and instantly recognized the interior. Jesus. Nice place.....good coffee and live music. F'd up world we live in. [:(]

Indeed.

The WU had directed my attention to a strange spate of events that can only be described as disgusting and extremely bizarre recently. First was some guy in FL high on "bath salts" who was chewing off people's faces. Then some guy in NJ who eviscerated himself and threw pieces of his own intestines at the police who were trying to subdue him (at least thats what I understood from her explanation, hadnt read the story myself). That was followed by this body parts thing in Canada....

[:(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 5:38:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

Over loaded.. and collapsed.. I have seen it happen a few times.

I've seen the frame members on those things....what do you have to cram in there to overload it like that? A tank? [X(]

I've seen paper do it. [:(]

If its that trick question about 100 lbs of feather vs 100 lbs of iron, I'm not falling for it. [:-][:D]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 5:42:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America
Make a 2 foot diameter cobbler. I'll bring some ice cream and a BIG spoon. [:D]

Ya know, that don't sound bad. Big 'ole peach cobler and a block party. Yeah !! If you come, though, it's gotta be Blue Bell ice cream;

Can't help but wonder;
How someone like Blue Bell;
Gets so many good things;
In a carton that size.

bring a BIG spoon, Bro.

Movin' to the country
Gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country
Movin' to the country
Movin' to the country

Thats lyrics with a whole lot of content.

oh, but there's more...

Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free

Look Out!

Look Out!

How existential! Does "look out" signify a warning that the free peaches may cause a panic, that the singer has an odd (perhaps Hulk-esque) reaction to peaches or is it simply a metaphorical statement on the struggle of man versus nature?

...as far as i can tell, it's just a good place for a few extra power cords on the guitar and some extra drum riffs...

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 5:58:10 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Over loaded.. and collapsed.. I have seen it happen a few times.

I've seen the frame members on those things....what do you have to cram in there to overload it like that? A tank? [X(]

I've seen paper do it. [:(]

If its that trick question about 100 lbs of feather vs 100 lbs of iron, I'm not falling for it. [:-][:D]

No trick, no joke. Think how heavy a ream of copy paper is. How many of those can fit on a pallet? How many pallets fit on a truck? Companies that regularly ship paper out of paper mills (my Dad used to manage a couple that did) know 1) NEVER load the truck, and 2) always put paper over the wheels. [:)]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 6:06:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Oh, come on now! It barely made 50 again today. A freeze warning tonight.[sm=nono.gif] What happened to our beautiful global warming?[8D] It's like you guys aren't even trying.[:-]

Dude, you live in ND. Enough said.... [:D]

All my life. I found out a couple of years ago that we were free to leave.[:'(]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 6:06:52 PM)

There is a weight limit on them for legal purposes.. and then a limit that it just destroys your equipment..... just like anything else.. .I am guessing this one's legal limit was 80,000 lbs (it wasn't a spread, so it wouldn't be (85,500)) He had over 100,000 pounds.

If I were his boss, he would be looking for a new job.

OT.. we just bought 350$ worth of grocieries last night, and wife wants to eat out tonight... I said no.. now I'm the bad guy...I just don't get it.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 6:07:44 PM)

Youre right about the wheels Steve.. that goes for loading anything...

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 6:41:53 PM)

quote:

OT.. we just bought 350$ worth of grocieries last night, and wife wants to eat out tonight... I said no.. now I'm the bad guy...I just don't get it.

[:D][:D][:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 7:25:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

wow......i just realized that the shootings yesterday in Seattle occured at a Cafe i've gone too a couple times. The name hadn't sparked the memory as its not one I frequent alot. Then i saw the video still and instantly recognized the interior. Jesus. Nice place.....good coffee and live music. F'd up world we live in. [:(]

Indeed.

The WU had directed my attention to a strange spate of events that can only be described as disgusting and extremely bizarre recently. First was some guy in FL high on "bath salts" who was chewing off people's faces. Then some guy in NJ who eviscerated himself and threw pieces of his own intestines at the police who were trying to subdue him (at least thats what I understood from her explanation, hadnt read the story myself). That was followed by this body parts thing in Canada....

Welcome back from your self-imposed exile, Comrade Red Mouse.

I'd say that your news article is clear evidence of the Zombie horde recrudescence. Just in time for the end of 2012 too. All hail our new CHUD overlords! [&o]

Treetop64 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 7:42:06 PM)

Wow. I kinda feel sorry for Germans right now. I just looked at a flight weather map, and it is - quite literally - raining over the 'entire' country right now. The Czech border is dry, but that's it! [:D]

Holen Sie sich Ihre Regenschirme raus!

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 7:43:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

As if there could possibly be anything for you to get...

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 7:44:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Just watched a program about RAF CASEVAC flights from Afghanistan to the UK. Very heavy stuff.

T, a while back you enlightened me as to the "2/" designation on Australian units. Would you know why the AA units have the "2/" designation but are restricted to Australia?

Er, no idea. This is the first I hear of it...[&:]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 8:11:33 PM)

It refers to the "2nd AIF" The 1st AIF were units of the first world war

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 8:24:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I stopped getting anything when she said yes...

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 8:30:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I stopped getting anything when she said yes...

You might consider saying yes....as it is you saved on dinner, but now must face that dreaded Hawaiian disease so well known in the Pacific in WW2. I speak of the dreaded "Lack-a-nookie" disease. At this point you need to give flowers, dinner, intense groveling and say "I'm sorry one million times". [:D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 8:39:55 PM)

quote:

It refers to the "2nd AIF" The 1st AIF were units of the first world war

Yes, we established that. It's Onime's point about AA units carrying the prefix but not being allowed outside of Oz that I'm confused about.

DivePac88 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 9:06:52 PM)

Morning Tithe... Hello Chaps I'm back on deck after another spell in hospital, and all is good. Hope you are all well, have a great day.

Cheers Des.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 10:28:56 PM)

Hey yourself, stranger. Good to see you back and around. Hope your health is on the mend, Des. [8D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 11:10:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Morning Tithe... Hello Chaps I'm back on deck after another spell in hospital, and all is good. Hope you are all well, have a great day.

Cheers Des.

Keep healthy mate.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 11:45:34 PM)

quote:

No trick, no joke. Think how heavy a ream of copy paper is. How many of those can fit on a pallet? How many pallets fit on a truck? Companies that regularly ship paper out of paper mills (my Dad used to manage a couple that did) know 1) NEVER load the truck, and 2) always put paper over the wheels. [:)]

....have some other schmuck do it. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 11:46:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec
All my life. I found out a couple of years ago that we were free to leave.[:'(]

But there was no one around to show you the door? [:'(]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 11:49:20 PM)

quote:

There is a weight limit on them for legal purposes.. and then a limit that it just destroys your equipment..... just like anything else.. .I am guessing this one's legal limit was 80,000 lbs (it wasn't a spread, so it wouldn't be (85,500)) He had over 100,000 pounds.

And here I thought you were some kind of stock trader puke. [:D]

quote:

If I were his boss, he would be looking for a new job.

If you were his boss you'd be looking for a new trailer. [:)]

quote:

Was telling her to go by herself an option. Let's face it, neither one of those answers would have gotten you into the bedroom tonight, but at least with my option you'da had more time for WitP. [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 11:49:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Indeed.

I'd say that your news article is clear evidence of the Zombie horde recrudescence. Just in time for the end of 2012 too. All hail our new CHUD overlords! [&o]

I've been practicing by playing Fallout. [sm=00000106.gif]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 11:54:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just watched a program about RAF CASEVAC flights from Afghanistan to the UK. Very heavy stuff.

T, a while back you enlightened me as to the "2/" designation on Australian units. Would you know why the AA units have the "2/" designation but are restricted to Australia?

Er, no idea. This is the first I hear of it...[&:]

With me there is always a chance I have misunderstood something. But heres a screenie. I have not clue #1 how many guns an Aussie AA regiment is supposed to have, so this could very well be the 2nd battalion of the 1st Regiment (which would make for some darn confusing nomenclature)....

[image]local://upfiles/11853/5CF4054809514FBAB295A7D8F15B7437.jpg[/image]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (5/31/2012 11:55:22 PM)

quote:

Cheers Des.

Good to see you big bird. [sm=00001746.gif][:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/1/2012 2:58:08 AM)

quote:

Cheers Des.

Attention on deck! DivePac, arriving! [8D]

Always great to see you, Des!

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/1/2012 2:59:48 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Indeed.

I've been practicing by playing Fallout. [sm=00000106.gif]

I saw a great picture of a sign outside a boat dealer. It read, "buy a boat....zombies can't swim" [:D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/1/2012 8:04:24 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/1/2012 8:33:31 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

Cheers Des.

Good news Des! [:)]

BTW, do you still play some games?

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/1/2012 8:34:47 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

I just looked at a flight weather map, and it is - quite literally - raining over the 'entire' country right now. The Czech border is dry, but that's it! [:D]

What map do you use? URL?

Leo "Apollo11"

Page: <<   < prev  215 216 [217] 218 219   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI