LOG! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Nikademus -> LOG! (12/1/2011 12:07:22 AM)

immediately!

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img] [img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 12:08:51 AM)

You're on a roll there, Nik. [:D]

Nikademus -> LOG! (12/1/2011 12:15:17 AM)

i am Grand Master Mac!

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 12:16:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, making headway. Internet in windows and one other driver fixed.

Bad news - still can't use the DVD drive. [:@]

Going to keep plugging away to get this stuff fixed. I'm tempted to try and copy the AE disk to my flash drive and install it that way. [:D] Don't know if that will work.

Its a SuperDrive - DVD±RW (±R DL) made for Apple. Trying to do a search for Windows drivers on it.

I've tried that. No luck so far. I'll figure it out eventually.

Have you tried this:?

1. Go into device manager
2. Select the External SuperDrive (should have a yellow exclamation mark)
3. Right click SuperDrive, select "Update Driver"
4. Select "No, not this time"
5. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
6. Select "Don't search. I will choose driver to install"
7. Select "USB Mass Storage Device" (do not select External Super Drive)
8. Click Finish
9. Now you will see your optical drive be recognized by Win7, but it is not yet functional. Go back to device manager and select the super drive (probably labeled external optical drive, or perhaps usb mass storage device).
10. Repeat Steps 1-6.
11. When you get back to your choices, now you can select "Apple SuperDrive"

Nik! You're a genius! It worked! Thanks!!!

So having google-fu is equivalent to genius now?!! Mensa here I come! [:D]

Mynok -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 12:19:33 AM)

quote:

i am Grand Master Mac!

Bah. You are a google miner. Sorta like a dung beetle without the cleanliness and cuteness. [:'(]

Mynok -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 12:20:12 AM)

Long day. Going hard on to my 18th hour of being awake on 3 hours of sleep. [>:][>:][>:][>:]

PaxMondo -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 12:24:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Long day. Going hard on to my 18th hour of being awake. [>:][>:][>:][>:]

18 = long day?

Sorry, with a 2yo in the house that is SOP. We get up at 0400. He has breakfast and then sunders off to bed with Mom. I get my 1 - 2 hour of WitPAE in depending upon my exercise routine. Then get him ready for school, lunches packed (he and I), drop him to school 0730 and then to the office 0800. 1730 depart office, dinner, evening family walk, bath time, and then bed time for 2 yo at 2100 hrs. Dad gets some quality time with Mom until 2300 hours. recycle.

no sympathy from me. [:D][:D][:D]

Mynok -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 12:30:28 AM)

If you are used to your schedule, I'm sure it works. Fact is, I'm not a get up at 0400 guy. I'm more a go to bed at 0400 guy. A long day is any day that doesn't fit your circadian rhythms.

Plus everyone has different sleep requirements. I know plenty of people who do just fine on four. I need eight. Minimum.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 12:31:22 AM)

SRT

Treetop64 -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 12:54:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

18 = long day?

Sorry, with a 2yo in the house that is SOP. We get up at 0400. He has breakfast and then sunders off to bed with Mom. I get my 1 - 2 hour of WitPAE in depending upon my exercise routine. Then get him ready for school, lunches packed (he and I), drop him to school 0730 and then to the office 0800. 1730 depart office, dinner, evening family walk, bath time, and then bed time for 2 yo at 2100 hrs. Dad gets some quality time with Mom until 2300 hours. recycle.

This, my friend, is what one would call a "life".

Mynok -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 1:12:24 AM)

And I would call it living hell. [:D]

Screaming brats at 2am is a really good way to get me murderous. Heck, I get enraged when some tadpole in the mall gets whiney.

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 1:17:20 AM)

SRT [8|]

You breeder types need to get your mind off the cubs and watch the subject line better. [:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 3:20:02 AM)

quote:

Long day. Going hard on to my 18th hour of being awake on 3 hours of sleep. [>:][>:][>:][>:]

Why doncha go to sleep then? Dude...[sm=nono.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 3:22:42 AM)

quote:

And I would call it living hell. [:D]

Screaming brats at 2am is a really good way to get me murderous. Heck, I get enraged when some tadpole in the mall gets whiney.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. In spite of providing two of my own terrestrial megavertebrate spawn for this ecosystem, I grimace at whines of other children. My own kids don't get under my skin in the same way others do. It's cliche but true-it's different when they're your own kids.

PaxMondo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 3:54:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

... My own kids don't get under my skin in the same way others do. It's cliche but true-it's different when they're your own kids.

I'm pretty sure it is a genetically encoded survival trait. Else, homo sapiens would long ago have died out ... no surviving children. [:D][:D][:D]

PaxMondo -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 3:55:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

quote:

quote:

18 = long day?

Yes it is. As I mentioned to someone else earlier; it isn't happening the way I would have planned it, but then again I wouldn't change a thing about it either.

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 6:46:06 AM)

Good morning friends.

PaxMondo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 6:49:19 AM)

Good evening ... little one has the croup (again) ... gonna be a long night ... [:(]

tithe

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 9:36:21 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 9:40:58 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

BTW, apparently the bridge for HMS Belfast collapsed today in London on Thames...

OMG! I was only walking over that bridge six months ago! I totally had a lucky escape there! I wonder how much the newspapers would pay for my brush with death story?

Not as much as mine, since I was there in August and therefore it's less time ago than you. So [:'(]

You guys really had a close call... [:D]

Leo "Apolllo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 11:22:17 AM)

quote:

Good evening ... little one has the croup (again) ... gonna be a long night ... [:(]

tithe

Steam vaporizers, steamy bathrooms and (especially) cold morning air (outdoors) helped most with that for us. On one occasion, we had to resort to an intermediate-acting steroid injection, but boy that took care of it in a jiffy.

Good luck!

Chickenboy -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 1:15:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

quote:

quote:

18 = long day?

Yes it is. As I mentioned to someone else earlier; it isn't happening the way I would have planned it, but then again I wouldn't change a thing about it either.

+1. [8D]

Reminiscent of a line I heard some time ago:

Wanna make God laugh? Make 'plans'.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 1:27:26 PM)

Like the man said, "life is what happens while you're making plans"...

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 1:27:37 PM)

Any way...

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 1:29:16 PM)

ON TOP OF SPAGHETTIIIIIIII,
ALL COVERED WITH CHEEEEESE,
I LOST MY POOR MEATBALL,
WHEN SOMEBODY SNEEZED!
IT ROLLED OFF THE TAAAAAAAAABLE,
AND ON TO THE FLOOOOOOR,
AND THEN MY POOR MEEEEATBAAAALLLL,
ROLLED RIGHT OUT THE DOOOOOOR!

Mynok -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 1:38:07 PM)

Ah the many, many versions of that song......

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 1:51:31 PM)

Hi all,

Poetic mood today Kristian?

Leo "Apollo11"

jeffk3510 -> RE: LOG! (12/1/2011 2:33:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

18 = long day?

That is almost a spitting image of our routine. 0400, not so much... more like 0600-0700... He doesn't go to school yet, only 17 months.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 2:33:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok, making headway. Internet in windows and one other driver fixed.

Bad news - still can't use the DVD drive. [:@]

Going to keep plugging away to get this stuff fixed. I'm tempted to try and copy the AE disk to my flash drive and install it that way. [:D] Don't know if that will work.

Its a SuperDrive - DVD±RW (±R DL) made for Apple. Trying to do a search for Windows drivers on it.

I've tried that. No luck so far. I'll figure it out eventually.

Have you tried this:?

1. Go into device manager
2. Select the External SuperDrive (should have a yellow exclamation mark)
3. Right click SuperDrive, select "Update Driver"
4. Select "No, not this time"
5. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
6. Select "Don't search. I will choose driver to install"
7. Select "USB Mass Storage Device" (do not select External Super Drive)
8. Click Finish
9. Now you will see your optical drive be recognized by Win7, but it is not yet functional. Go back to device manager and select the super drive (probably labeled external optical drive, or perhaps usb mass storage device).
10. Repeat Steps 1-6.
11. When you get back to your choices, now you can select "Apple SuperDrive"

Nik! You're a genius! It worked! Thanks!!!

So having google-fu is equivalent to genius now?!! Mensa here I come! [:D]

It does remind me of the old Bud Light commercials with the "Real Men of Genius" theme. [:D]

Then again, my wife often tells me she married me because I was able to fix her computer speakers so she could hear, "You've got mail." [:D]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/1/2011 2:34:04 PM)

Hi all,

[8D][:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

[image]local://upfiles/3416/CC5BE36769664FDF859CBA598502CF0A.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI