RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Reg -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 9:40:11 AM)

Done!!

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 9:41:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

You got the thread subscribed T??

No.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 9:43:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

I didn't see T on today. Unusual for that massive spambot cluster. After his moaning yesterday, makes me a bit concerned.

Did see him pop up on Facebook earlier today though. Maybe just taking a break. [8D]

Kristian is using Facebook? [X(]

Leo "Apolllo11"

He sure is, so I get the occasional angry message in Danish [:D] Makes a change from the ramblings of drunken servicemen that I usually get.

[:'(]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 10:03:29 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Toothache Tithe...[:@]

[:(]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 10:04:40 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

I didn't see T on today. Unusual for that massive spambot cluster. After his moaning yesterday, makes me a bit concerned.

Did see him pop up on Facebook earlier today though. Maybe just taking a break. [8D]

Kristian is using Facebook? [X(]

He sure is, so I get the occasional angry message in Danish [:D] Makes a change from the ramblings of drunken servicemen that I usually get.

[:'(]

Will today's public service strike in UK affect you Martin?

Leo "Apolllo11"

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 11:10:24 AM)

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apolllo11"

Yep. It'll make me angry [:D] Doesn't directly affect me personally, but I'm sure that there will eventually be some knock-on effect somewhere down the line, probably in 2016 or similar.

A few of my (civvy) friends back home are on strike today, at least one of them has taken the opportunity of a day off today to go out drinking last night [8|] Sums up everything that I feel is wrong with today's unions...

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 12:20:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

For what its worth.....although it looks like a very sexual workout toy, and SNl did a hilarious parody on it, my wifes shakeweight is a beast of a workout

I've seen some of these full-size vibrating platforms are making their way into gyms now. The idea is much the same, requiring muscular tension to stay upright means more range of muscular contractions.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 12:21:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I just used it, thats why. Now on to Windtalkers

Why would you want to do that?

I stayed up way too late with my parents and wife playing Rummi-Cube and drinking Vodka. Alright, maybe it was worth it. [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 12:23:26 PM)

Good morning tithe...[&o]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 12:24:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

It's night-night time for USS. 

Good night, Brothers. [>:]

You got that turn done yet? [:'(]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 12:42:06 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

Yep. It'll make me angry [:D] Doesn't directly affect me personally, but I'm sure that there will eventually be some knock-on effect somewhere down the line, probably in 2016 or similar.

A few of my (civvy) friends back home are on strike today, at least one of them has taken the opportunity of a day off today to go out drinking last night [8|] Sums up everything that I feel is wrong with today's unions...

RGR...

BTW, apparently the bridge for HMS Belfast collapsed today in London on Thames...

Leo "Apolllo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 1:08:01 PM)

It's fascinating (but not surprising) to see the morphing of this nebuluous 'occupy' movement's raison d'etre. At first it was about Wall Street Corruption per se (hence the name), then all corporate corruption. Then the modern corporate state and disaffected youth's relationship with corporations. Then it was about police powers and yada yada yada...

Now, according the CNN, it's about 'unequal wealth distribution'. Morons. [8|]

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/30/us/california-occupy-los-angeles/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Speaking of which: USS Mike-one of our cars has been acting up lately. I'd much rather have your Porsche than our beater Mazda minivan. I feel your Porsche is unequally distributed to you instead of me. Can I trade you for a few months?

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 2:13:57 PM)

I am considering this whole Google TV thing.... does anyone know anything about it?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 2:34:55 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

You got the thread subscribed T??

No.

Wow, can you imagine all the daily emails that would generate? [X(] [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 2:36:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

It's night-night time for USS. 

Good night, Brothers. [>:]

You got that turn done yet? [:'(]

You are soooo proud of yourself for getting the turn flipped in 2 days, aren't you? [:'(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 2:43:11 PM)

quote:

It's fascinating (but not surprising) to see the morphing of this nebuluous 'occupy' movement's raison d'etre. At first it was about Wall Street Corruption per se (hence the name), then all corporate corruption. Then the modern corporate state and disaffected youth's relationship with corporations. Then it was about police powers and yada yada yada...

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/30/us/california-occupy-los-angeles/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Speaking of which: USS Mike-one of our cars has been acting up lately. I'd much rather have your Porsche than our beater Mazda minivan. I feel your Porsche is unequally distributed to you instead of me. Can I trade you for a few months?

You have to talk to the boss about that one. (Good luck with that! [:D])

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 2:43:43 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 2:52:23 PM)

Good morning guys. Thanks for the windows help. I got the resolution thingie worked out. Yay! However, when I did that, it did something to the external disk drive. I can't see it in the computer screen. In the device manager screen it says there is a problem with the drivers. It also says "this device cannot start. (Code 10) Any idea what code 10 means?

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 3:43:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

You have to talk to the boss about that one. (Good luck with that! [:D])

The boss of the occupy movement? Ketchup Hitler? (wiggles fingers dangling down) I don't think so.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 4:21:04 PM)

quote:

Hi all,

BTW, apparently the bridge for HMS Belfast collapsed today in London on Thames...

Leo "Apolllo11"

OMG! I was only walking over that bridge six months ago! I totally had a lucky escape there! I wonder how much the newspapers would pay for my brush with death story?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 4:22:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apolllo11"

OMG! I was only walking over that bridge six months ago! I totally had a lucky escape there! I wonder how much the newspapers would pay for my brush with death story?

If you can tell it with a flourish, I'll buy you a beer. [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 4:27:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apolllo11"

Nil. I just sold your story (as printed above) to them as an expurgated second hand version. I explained to them the excitement (albeit short-lived) and the dramatic tension that I experienced whilest reading your post about your brush with near-certain death.

Good news: There will be a made for TV movie about your experiences, as told through my point of view.
Bad news (for you): I receive all royalties.
Good news (for you): You will have a character with a bit role in the production.
Bad news (for you): Your character will be played by Rowan Atkinson.

[image]local://upfiles/6968/2D81AEB8A7A94153BD0F9591191C5F03.jpg[/image]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 4:34:28 PM)

Ok, making headway. Internet in windows and one other driver fixed.

Bad news - still can't use the DVD drive. [:@]

Going to keep plugging away to get this stuff fixed. I'm tempted to try and copy the AE disk to my flash drive and install it that way. [:D] Don't know if that will work.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 4:40:38 PM)

Copying the big installation file over should work just fine, Mike.  I've installed on a new computer from that file in a Dropbox folder before.  

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 5:17:23 PM)

cold, foggy, dreary tithe...[&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 5:17:58 PM)

looks like i was on one of the last american flights before they declared chapter 11...[X(]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 5:19:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Going to keep plugging away to get this stuff fixed. I'm tempted to try and copy the AE disk to my flash drive and install it that way. [:D] Don't know if that will work.

mike - two words - GEEK SQUAD!!!!!...oh, wait...you've got the attention of an entire geek battalion here...[;)]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 5:24:40 PM)

Success!!! AE is up and running (and I'm typing from the windows side right now). I'll start the game this afternoon. Only problem with AE (not AE per se) is no music. Gotta figure that one out eventually along with a couple of minor driver issues. Well, and one major one - still can't get the DVD drive to be recognized. [:D]

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 5:25:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Its a SuperDrive - DVD±RW (±R DL) made for Apple. Trying to do a search for Windows drivers on it.

Nikademus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (11/30/2011 5:26:28 PM)

Did i mention Apple is a pain at times?

Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI