RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 3:50:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec
A slough is sort of a cross between a pond and a swamp, more like a pond; also called potholes. They were created from the last ice age. Fantastic for hunting waterfowl. And there thousands of them through the area. Google map between Devils Lake and Grand Forks and you can see what I mean.

Bottom land, more of a southern term for land in a low laying area commonly along some sort of water course.

"Bottom Land" is what we here call "low-lying wetlands". Most other places just call it a swamp. A 'fen' or 'bog' will do too.

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 3:51:05 PM)

Boo-yah! A fen UNP! [8D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 3:53:31 PM)

I get an image of a house on stilts for some reason. [:D]

Thank you for the ejimakashin guys.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 3:59:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

$1/acre. Not bad. [8D]

Actually kind of a gyp. It was our land to begin with. Not sure what sort of a deal great grandpa set up with the township. Not to bad though It's just the stupid years worth paper work to make it officially mine again. Now with the land down the road, the Air Force leased 20 acres of land for 99 years (paid in full) back in 1962 when the cold war was really getting fired up. Built a ICBM launch control center. The SALT agreements with the USSR closed it down in 1998. Then the DOD sold it back to us for $2200 in 2008 (my share $440), facitilies included. Sweet deal there. Thus evil plan for world domination begins [rubbing hands together].[sm=00000622.gif]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 4:09:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Good morning friends.

What? No comment? [X(]

No.

[;)]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 4:26:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

$1/acre. Not bad. [8D]

Actually kind of a gyp. It was our land to begin with. Not sure what sort of a deal great grandpa set up with the township. Not to bad though It's just the stupid years worth paper work to make it officially mine again. Now with the land down the road, the Air Force leased 20 acres of land for 99 years (paid in full) back in 1962 when the cold war was really getting fired up. Built a ICBM launch control center. The SALT agreements with the USSR closed it down in 1998. Then the DOD sold it back to us for $2200 in 2008 (my share $440), facitilies included. Sweet deal there. Thus evil plan for world domination begins [rubbing hands together].[sm=00000622.gif]

Are the missiles included?

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 4:26:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good morning friends.

What? No comment? [X(]

No.

[;)]

Darn. [:D]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 4:44:50 PM)

It's raining cats and dogs. Well, as long as it doesn't reindeer.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 4:48:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

$1/acre. Not bad. [8D]

No, damn it. A little set back for evil plan. Know of any? Check in your garage, basement or attic. I should go over to the Minot AFB and see if they have to spare.

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:10:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$1/acre. Not bad. [8D]

No, damn it. A little set back for evil plan. Know of any? Check in your garage, basement or attic. I should go over to the Minot AFB and see if they have to spare.

I may, but I know what happened to the last Russian who was caught selling arms. [:-]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:15:53 PM)

Maybe I'll build a couple of catapults. That oughta do it.[:)]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:25:55 PM)

quote:

Maybe I'll build a couple of catapults. That oughta do it.[:)]

The range just isnt the same. [:D]

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:34:49 PM)

Gotta start somewhere.[;)]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:37:21 PM)

Slingshot?

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:45:11 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

It's raining cats and dogs. Well, as long as it doesn't reindeer.

Almost +30 degrees Centigrade here...

Leo "Apollo11"

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:45:24 PM)

morning tithe...[&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 5:54:38 PM)

back in my navy days, we had an organization known as JOPA (Junior Officer Protection Assoc)...well, it was more of a concept than an actual organization, but the idea was to provide support to each other in the face of power crazed, kiss arse department heads who would eat their own children or throw one of us under the bus if they thought it would improve their chances of a good fit rep (annual review) from the skipper...which is kinda funny, since department heads were technically junior officers as well, but i'm pretty sure they were required to be lobotomized upon being promoted to Lt Cmdr...i'm now equally convinced that the VP's in my company are lobotomized as well...so i think i'm going to conspire with some of my co-workers and plan a JOPA attack on a VP or two...[:@]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 6:01:28 PM)

Hi all,

European Football Championship has just begun! [:)][sm=character0272.gif]

Unfortunately, the only TV station with rights for showing is our National TV - and they still only have 4:3 SD ("Standard Definition") program in 2012... so we have "LetterBox" football (i.e. 16:9 in 4:3)... it is total and utter shame and disappointment... [:(] [:@]

Leo "Apollo11"

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 6:02:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Unfortunately, the only TV station with rights for showing is our National TV - and they still only have 4:3 SD ("Standard Definition") program in 2012... so we have "LetterBox" football (i.e. 16:9 in 4:3)... it is total and utter shame and disappointment... [:(] [:@]

Leo "Apollo11"

I tried watching it on BBC HD. Unfortunately here we have Small Child MkI who doesn't want to watch football [:D]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 6:07:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I tried watching it on BBC HD. Unfortunately here we have Small Child MkI who doesn't want to watch football [:D]

He's probably much more sophisticated than his progenitor and wants to watch tennis instead. [sm=scared0018.gif][:'(]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 6:16:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

He's probably much more sophisticated than his progenitor and wants to watch tennis instead. [sm=scared0018.gif][:'(]

I wasn't aware that the milkman watched tennis? [&:]

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 6:18:35 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

You still have milkmen? Around here its usually the poolboy or in rare cases the plumber.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 6:24:58 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

You still have milkmen? Around here its usually the poolboy or in rare cases the plumber.

Well we certainly don't have a pool!

Onime No Kyo -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 6:31:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Thats a shame. I can see it now....a reality show..."The Pool Boys of Upper Wappingnorthamshire (or somesuch)". We could make a whole mint of money.

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 7:00:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Thats a shame. I can see it now....a reality show..."The Pool Boys of Upper Wappingnorthamshire (or somesuch)". We could make a whole mint of money.

The show could be named 'Postman, Plumber or Poolboy.' Sort of a game show format.[:D]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 7:23:00 PM)

... and you could do a Desperate Houseviwes crossover with this show [:D][;)]

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 7:25:39 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

The show could be named 'Postman, Plumber or Poolboy.' Sort of a game show format.[:D]

Coming soon to Channel 5!

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 7:43:13 PM)

Hmmm ... this might have been on the forums. Been gone so long that I don't know. If so, please disr<DEL><DEL><DEL><DEL> ... ignore.

http://mokehana.web.fc2.com/e-photo-yamatomovie-set.htm

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 7:47:31 PM)

Martin, what is this new job you have gotten?

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (6/8/2012 7:50:49 PM)

quote:

Martin, what is this new job you have gotten?

Their website is here: My new job [&o][&o][&o][sm=happy0065.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  224 225 [226] 227 228   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI