LOG! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Nikademus -> LOG! (12/5/2011 9:15:17 PM)

but torture Chicken Boyeeeeee

jeffk3510 -> RE: The Thread!!! (12/5/2011 9:27:09 PM)

[:-]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/5/2011 9:32:39 PM)

Parole - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/5/2011 10:16:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Good morning all. Had to set the alarm pretty much for the first time in 3 months. Off to work today.

Had to shave too. [8|]

Ah well, my preparation of turn 1 is going to slow down drastically.....

You mean to say that you STILL haven't got off your turn one yet? [:D][;)]

Sorry about the shaving bit, Major Mike...back to the grind, eh? [;)]

I wish I got that turn done. I'm really anxious to get the game going again.

Yeah, I'm back to "the grind". The only guy who knows my job is coming in on Thursday for a few hours. Then he's gone for a year. [:D] That's a great train up. Until then, I have nothing to do. And I'm the highest ranking guy there. It's hysterical. Wish I had a laptop.

Yup, the beard is history. [:(]

Gonna work on the turn more tonight. I hope to get it done this week.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/5/2011 10:46:17 PM)

I am thinking about getting WIF board game. Anyone have anything to say about this? I have seen some different (better) maps, and can't figure out the difference in version I guess. I understand this game board is massive, which isn't a problem. Planning on making everything a magnet..

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/5/2011 11:03:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

It was the same up here. Though three brutal winters in a row hasn't helped.
So far a very mild winter 8 above right now and no snow (very, very rare) should help with the population. A lot of twins in the spring if the weather holds. Fingers crossed.

I'm talking fawns just in case some of you are going the other direction.[:'(]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 3:30:18 AM)

Little bit lost and...
A little bit lonely
Little bit cold here
A little bit feared

But I hold on
And I
Feel strong
And I
Know that I can

Getting used to it
Lit the fuse to it
Like to know who I am

Been talking to myself forever, yeah
And how I wish I knew me better, yeah
Still sitting on a shelf and never
Never seen the sun shine brighter
And it feels like me
On a good day

And it feels like me
On a good day

I'm a little bit hemmed in
A little bit isolated
A little bit hopeful
A little bit cold

But I hold on
And I
Feel strong
And I
Know that I can

Getting used to it
Lit the fuse to it
Like to know who I am

Never seen the sun shine brighter...

And it feels like me
On a good day

Never seen the sun shine brighter
And it feels like me
On a good day

warspite1 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 6:58:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

I am thinking about getting WIF board game. Anyone have anything to say about this? I have seen some different (better) maps, and can't figure out the difference in version I guess. I understand this game board is massive, which isn't a problem. Planning on making everything a magnet..
Warspite1

jeffk3510, I played WIF 5th Edition in the mid 90's. Played with Ships in Flames (every WWII ship of heavy cruiser and higher), Planes in Flames, Asia in Flames and Africa in Flames add ons. The game was quite simply the best gaming experience I have ever had. The game is colourful (counters look great - NATO symbols for land, silhouettes for ships, and full colour camoflague silhouettes for the aircraft), is great fun, while giving each player (major power) a real feel for what that power was faced with historically (e.g. Commonwealth - large but hard pressed navy, small, but mobile army, some great aircraft and a billion fires to quell spread all over the globe). There are a few set rules to give an historical background to the game (e.g.Germany must invade Poland first turn, France and CW must then declare war on Germany etc) but apart from these and a few more, each game can take a myriad of paths. There are also loads of optional rules to suit.

Since I stopped playing - family, work and more importantly, space commitments, not a lack of love for the game - ADG brought out another version as well as a few more add ons. I must say I am no lover of the latest maps - a bit garish imo - but if I had the time and space, that would not stop me from playing again. I cannot wait for MWIF to come out - whenever that is - and just in case circumstances ever allow, I still have the latest version of the game and all add-ons in mint condition ready to be cut out and used!

I certainly recommend giving the game a go.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 8:07:20 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 8:08:54 AM)

Hi all,

Long time no see... [:D]

Tottenham is looking very very good this season BTW!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 8:10:09 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Killing time at work - Tithe.

I'm finding it hard to concentrate on the mundane at my job while all of my mental focus is on the interview I have early tomorrow morning for a MUCH better job!  [sm=innocent0001.gif]

Best wishes Mike! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 8:27:46 AM)

Good morning friends.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 1:15:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

SO good my fantasy football team has three of their players in it, I even dropped Dempsey to get them all in [:)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 2:30:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

jeffk3510, I played WIF 5th Edition in the mid 90's. Played with Ships in Flames (every WWII ship of heavy cruiser and higher), Planes in Flames, Asia in Flames and Africa in Flames add ons. The game was quite simply the best gaming experience I have ever had. The game is colourful (counters look great - NATO symbols for land, silhouettes for ships, and full colour camoflague silhouettes for the aircraft), is great fun, while giving each player (major power) a real feel for what that power was faced with historically (e.g. Commonwealth - large but hard pressed navy, small, but mobile army, some great aircraft and a billion fires to quell spread all over the globe). There are a few set rules to give an historical background to the game (e.g.Germany must invade Poland first turn, France and CW must then declare war on Germany etc) but apart from these and a few more, each game can take a myriad of paths. There are also loads of optional rules to suit.

Since I stopped playing - family, work and more importantly, space commitments, not a lack of love for the game - ADG brought out another version as well as a few more add ons. I must say I am no lover of the latest maps - a bit garish imo - but if I had the time and space, that would not stop me from playing again. I cannot wait for MWIF to come out - whenever that is - and just in case circumstances ever allow, I still have the latest version of the game and all add-ons in mint condition ready to be cut out and used!

I really appreciate that information. I figure you would chime in, I remember your picture under you name.

Thanks. I will probably be asking some more questions.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 2:30:36 PM)

Good morning.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 2:30:37 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

SO good my fantasy football team has three of their players in it, I even dropped Dempsey to get them all in [:)]

Hehehe... [:D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 4:10:14 PM)

Coldest cities in the United States. And the winners are:

1. Fairbanks, AK
2. Grand Forks, ND (A distant 2nd)[:'(]
3. Bismarck, ND
4. Fargo, ND
5. Watertown, SD
16. Minneapolis, MN

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 4:12:30 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 4:15:41 PM)

Thanks for all the well wishes, Brothers!  The interview went fantastic this morning!  [:)]

The job sounds like a great fit for me, I am a great fit for the job, and the company and people seem like a whole lot of fun.  Before I even got home to change the interviewing manager had called the recruiter to find out when they can bring me in to meet the rest of the entire team.  Work environment and culture are a very big thing for them, so they want to make sure I'm a good fit with the other personalities there.  After putting up with the personalities here, I can't imagine it will be any trouble at all at this job.  [:'(] [:D]

The details are already worked out, and I'm going for the 3rd stage tomorrow at 1 PM.  [8D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 4:18:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Coldest cities in the United States. And the winners are:

1. Fairbanks, AK
2. Grand Forks, ND (A distant 2nd)[:'(]
3. Bismarck, ND
4. Fargo, ND
5. Watertown, SD
16. Minneapolis, MN

When I announced I was moving to MN after leaving the Navy (from Pensacola in November [:D]), a good friend who lived in Chicago said, "Chicago is really cold, but we look at the weather map, point to MN, and say THAT is REALLY cold." After I moved to MN, we did the same thing, except pointed to ND. [:D]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 4:19:45 PM)

quote:

Thanks for all the well wishes, Brothers!  The interview went fantastic this morning!  [:)]

The job sounds like a great fit for me, I am a great fit for the job, and the company and people seem like a whole lot of fun.  Before I even got home to change the interviewing manager had called the recruiter to find out when they can bring me in to meet the rest of the entire team.  Work environment and culture are a very big thing for them, so they want to make sure I'm a good fit with the other personalities there.  After putting up with the personalities here, I can't imagine it will be any trouble at all at this job.  [:'(] [:D]

The details are already worked out, and I'm going for the 3rd stage tomorrow at 1 PM.  [8D]

Yessirree...we'd be happy to vouch for your personality Mike. Just give us the contact names and phone numbers of your prospective boss(es) and let us take care of the rest, mate. I can't imagine that they WOULDN'T like Lacrimosa, for example...[:D]

Best wishes on your interview tomorrow, dude. Knock 'em dead.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 4:24:46 PM)

I forgot to put Lacrimosa on my references list!  [X(]

I need to go update it right away!  [:D]

Thanks, Andre!  I think tomorrow will basically be a meet and greet.  Today was the real interview, with plenty of technical questions, etc.  The 3 of us spent about 1/2 of the 80 minutes laughing.  I think that's a good sign.  [:)]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:09:44 PM)

Hi all,

Good afternoon!

Bought some nice books for me and wife on a pre-XMas sale (and several for gifts) - they were 50% or more OFF... [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:10:48 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

Great news Mike - fingers crossed! [:)]

Leo "APollo11"

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:47:02 PM)

quote:

[&o][:)]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:49:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Warspite1

I really appreciate that information. I figure you would chime in, I remember your picture under you name.

Thanks. I will probably be asking some more questions.

if you are a REAL glutton for punishment, get the Days of Decision module...i really enjoyed playing that. not only fun, but learned a lot about events leading up to the war. i would echo everything said above...my only gripe is that it usually took us 2 or 3 hours to agree on all the optional/misc/advanced rules before we started a game...

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:49:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

[&o][:)]

+1!

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:58:15 PM)

Might as well ...

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:58:20 PM)

... erase the stain ...

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/6/2011 5:58:26 PM)

... on THE THREAD!!!

Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI