log! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Nikademus -> log! (12/7/2011 5:10:37 PM)

cuz

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img] [img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img] [img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img] [img]http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img]

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 5:12:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus
Anyone seen Mynok?

He was away on a business trip last week. Dunno about this week. Based upon this weekend's interactions on the forum, I would not expect him on the forum for a while. Thankfully, he's still active in our 2x2 PBEM though.

AW1Steve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 5:22:37 PM)

Based upon similar experinces and annoyances to Mynoks, I've come to the conclusion that lately this forum's been less of a joy lately. As we are entering the holiday season, and wishing to maintain a good mood throughout, like Mynok, I'm going on sabatical till after the new year. So let me whish you all a joyous season, and may you have wonderful holiday's, which ever ones you celebrate. See you in the new year! [:)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 5:31:15 PM)

Sorry to see you leave for a month, but I understand why.

Tacos for lunch! [&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 5:56:49 PM)

tithe...[&o]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 6:01:21 PM)

well, my alma mater (U. of Central Florida) is apparently going to join a "real" conference - Big East...along with Boise State and San Diego State, among others...WTF? why not just call it The East, West, North and South conference?

Schanilec -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 6:26:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

No big secret, Marc.  [:)]

It's a software QA Lead position for a company that plays mostly in the Agriculture and Life Sciences field.  Better pay, better environment, better culture, and much more interesting work than the database and report QA I'm currently doing.  [8D]

Fantastic. I really enjoy the design and engineering we do. No two projects are the same and I always enjoy a good challenge. Whether it be a factory, school, ice arena, etc.

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 10:20:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Based upon similar experinces and annoyances to Mynoks, I've come to the conclusion that lately this forum's been less of a joy lately. As we are entering the holiday season, and wishing to maintain a good mood throughout, like Mynok, I'm going on sabatical till after the new year. So let me whish you all a joyous season, and may you have wonderful holiday's, which ever ones you celebrate. See you in the new year! [:)]

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Steve!

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/7/2011 10:21:34 PM)

Good night friends [>:]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 7:05:48 AM)

Hmmm ... seems like it has been quiet here. Back to back "Good night" & "Good morning".

Good morning friends.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 7:59:17 AM)

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 8:11:28 AM)

Hi all,

Nik, I saw that you posted link to your 2005 pics oh Pearl Harbor...

Leo "Apollo11"

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 11:21:28 AM)

Good morning all. Seems I may be going on a little trip. I was asked to go "out of town" after Christmas. Probably until next fall, if it happens. The job sounds rather interesting. Location, well, not so. [:D] I talked it over with my wife last night. She was strangely ok with it. I think I'm taking up too much of the bed. [:D] Anyway, I'm going to dicker and tell them I want to get promoted. I've been selected for LTC. I just need a position. We'll see how that turns out. [:D]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 11:22:44 AM)

Oh yeah, the moment it's confirmed, I'm getting a laptop. I'm almost done with my first turn. I am not throwing that away. I really want to get the game going again.

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 12:45:53 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Good morning all. Seems I may be going on a little trip. I was asked to go "out of town" after Christmas. Probably until next fall, if it happens. The job sounds rather interesting. Location, well, not so. [:D] I talked it over with my wife last night. She was strangely ok with it. I think I'm taking up too much of the bed. [:D] Anyway, I'm going to dicker and tell them I want to get promoted. I've been selected for LTC. I just need a position. We'll see how that turns out. [:D]

Congrats Mike! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 1:00:57 PM)

Hi all,

Eeeeeeek! [X(]

quote:

How did they get up there? Excavators dismantle Chinese highrise from the top down

By Daily Mail UK

This 18-story residential tower in Taizhou, Zheijiang Province, eastern China is being dismantled by excavators hauled to the top by cranes.

The building was completed in January and was hailed as a luxury development with a 'perfect' ocean view. But months later it was found to be leaning.

One apartment owner, who gave his surname as Zhan, moved out just 17 hours after moving in.

Why don't they use dynamite? Labourers use excavators on top of a residential building being demolished in Yuhuan County of Taizhou City, Zhejiang province:

[image]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/08/article-2071438-0F167E1E00000578-128_634x491.jpg[/image]

'I bought the unit on the 16th floor because of the beautiful ocean view. It's such a pity I can't live in it,' Mr Zhan told China Daily.

'I heard loud banging sounds like an explosion. It was really scary. And then we were told that a pillar in the foundation had cracked.'

Experts have suggested the ground beneath the highrise sank because the reclaimed land it was built on is unable to support such large buildings.

Hu Zhizhong, an architectural researcher at Taizhou University, said reclaimed land commonly 'settles unevenly', but the sinking in this building was so severe that it could be that the land is simply unsuitable.

Unsafe: The highrise was supposed to be a luxury development with an ocean view, but it was built on reclaimed land and soon found to be leaning:

[image]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/12/08/article-2071438-0F167E3D00000578-556_634x577.jpg[/image]

Apartments in the building, which is in a luxury community, were selling for more than £500 a square metre in 2009 - before construction was even finished. The homes were handed over to buyers in January and the building was found to be sinking shortly after.

In September, after the sinking seemed to speed up, the developer starting to reinforce the building. But in early November, one of the construction's main supporting pillars broke and the building and some nearby had to be evacuated.

China has had seen scandals surrounding poorly designed and constructed buildings in the past.

In 2008 an earthquake shook Sichuan, in the west of the country, flattening hundreds of buildings, especially schools, which were said to be poorly designed and built.

Leo "Apollo11"

Chickenboy -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 1:31:30 PM)

quote:

Hi Mike,

This little trip of yours...does it involve a big sandbox? [;)]

Good luck and keep your head down if you go, dude. [&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 1:45:31 PM)

quote:

Wow, Mike! Good luck with the decision! I know that's not a trivial one. [X(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 1:47:48 PM)

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 1:50:01 PM)

I'm very excited and impatient this morning as I'll probably have to wait until after lunch at the earliest to hear anything about the new job I'm interviewing for.  Yesterday's interviews went fantastic.  3.5 hours with 6 different people, including one of the company's co-founders.  [:)]

Come on, phone!  Ring already!!!  [sm=innocent0001.gif]  [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 1:50:50 PM)

I know what I need......[img]http://bestsmileys.com/coffee/3.gif[/img]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 2:18:55 PM)

Congrats to everyone.

I've noticed Term hasn't been around for a while... anyone seen or heard from him?

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 3:11:38 PM)

quote:

Good luck Mike, I will eagerly wait and see if I can welcome you to The Slackers Club (AKA the LTCs) [;)]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 3:12:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I'm very excited and impatient this morning as I'll probably have to wait until after lunch at the earliest to hear anything about the new job I'm interviewing for.  Yesterday's interviews went fantastic.  3.5 hours with 6 different people, including one of the company's co-founders.  [:)]

Come on, phone!  Ring already!!!  [sm=innocent0001.gif]  [:D]

... and fingers crossed for this Mike as well! [:)]

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 4:38:32 PM)

Angels sure are opening up the checkbook this offseason.

No one player is worth $250 million, let alone a 31 year old.

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 4:38:48 PM)

Might

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 4:38:54 PM)

As

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 4:39:15 PM)

Well

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 4:39:21 PM)

Give

jeffk3510 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (12/8/2011 4:39:26 PM)

It

Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI