RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/10/2012 7:35:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Just purchased on DVD one of the best series the BBC ever did; Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. This seven part series was shown back in 2003 or 4 and was incredibly interesting. The genius was in telling the stories - always a mix of triumph and tragedy - in a way that the ordinary layman i.e. numptys like me, can understand. The episodes covered the building of :

The Brooklyn Bridge
Bell Rock Lighthouse
Hoover Dam
The Panama Canal
The London Sewerage system
The Great Eastern
The Transcontinental Railway

Sounds interesting and I am going to try to see this as well.

Did they tell in the series on how they decided which of the 'projects' to include? I feel that there are candidates that could have been included but was not. It would be nice if they included an explanation to the selection process. Anyway. I didn't intend to sound negative. Thank you for the tip.

warspite1 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/10/2012 7:39:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

Just purchased on DVD one of the best series the BBC ever did; Seven Wonders of the Industrial World. This seven part series was shown back in 2003 or 4 and was incredibly interesting. The genius was in telling the stories - always a mix of triumph and tragedy - in a way that the ordinary layman i.e. numptys like me, can understand. The episodes covered the building of :

The Brooklyn Bridge
Bell Rock Lighthouse
Hoover Dam
The Panama Canal
The Great Eastern

Did they tell in the series on how they decided which of the 'projects' to include? I feel that there are candidates that could have been included but was not. It would be nice if they included an explanation to the selection process. Anyway. I didn't intend to sound negative. Thank you for the tip.
warspite1

I'm not sure - maybe it was just first of their kind type stuff and/or the quality of story that goes with each. Did you know that when they scrapped the Great Eastern, they found the bodies of two workers in the hull?!?!

For me the Bell Rock was the best episode. How the hell did pre-Victorians build a lighthouse AT SEA!!! Brilliant [&o]

Edit for spelling [8|]

Orm -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/10/2012 7:45:37 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

The Brooklyn Bridge
Bell Rock Lighthouse
Hoover Dam
The Panama Canal
The Great Eastern

warspite1

I'm not sure - maybe it was just first of their kind type stuff and/or the quality of story that goes with each. Did you know that when they scrapped the Great Eastern, they found the boies of two workers in the hull?!?!

For me the Bell Rock was the best episode. How the hell did pre-Victorians build a lighthouse AT SEA!!! Brilliant [&o]

I hads no idea about the bodies. Sounds like a great story for a TV-show.

Whan I saw the list I didn't know about Bell Rock so I looked it up and seeing a picture on the lighthouse I know I want to watch that episode.

redcoat -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/10/2012 11:14:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

NAZI UFO'S!!! I BELIEVE IT! I DO BELIEVE IT MR VINCENT!
[:'(] [:D]
Third Reich - Operation UFO (Nazi Base In Antarctica) Complete Documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUpPwyyvLw

If it's from Russian TV it must be true!

In Putin's Russja, TV watches you. [:D]

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/10/2012 1:40:51 PM)

The morning movie is: "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" on DVD.

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/10/2012 2:13:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fodder

The morning movie is: "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" on DVD.

Love Earth vs. the Flying Saucers.

Currently watching season 7 of the UK version of Shameless.

DampSquib -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/10/2012 6:40:03 PM)

QI Last years series.

DVD box set of Spaced as well.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/12/2012 7:41:19 PM)

There's a "World at War" marthon running on the military channel right now. It started at noon and runs till three AM.

Max 86 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/13/2012 2:18:22 PM)

Rewatching HBO's ROME miniseries. What a great show that was. Titus Pullo was a great character, a scoundrel with a tad of decency in him. Loved Vorennus' wife Niobe played by Indira Varma. She is just gorgeous.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/14/2012 5:57:37 PM)

TV sux so the afternoon movie is: 'The War Wagon" on DVD.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/16/2012 9:04:53 AM)

and the middle of the night movie is "ERIK THE VIKING" the directors son's cut on DVD.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/17/2012 1:17:56 PM)

The morning movie is "Kingdom of Heaven". Staring Eva Green, but I'm still not going to vote for her over Izabella.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/18/2012 3:56:13 AM)

The evening movie is "Good Will Hunting" and for future reference all movies are on DVD unless otherwise noted.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/18/2012 3:59:38 AM)

Just finished watching "The Longest Day".  I noticed that the majority of the American troops were firing either Thompson's or Carbines-Not a bad movie but that does bother me.[;)]

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/19/2012 12:11:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Just finished watching "The Longest Day".  I noticed that the majority of the American troops were firing either Thompson's or Carbines-Not a bad movie but that does bother me.[;)]

For a look see, the morning movie was "The Longest Day". I saw only one M-1 garand fire (once) and one BAR fire (once). I don't think it's anything to get bothered about. It's only a movie and blanks for the M-1 carbines and tompsons probably cost less.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/20/2012 9:40:11 AM)

The early morning movie is "Across the Pacific". A deceiving title if there ever was one.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/22/2012 1:40:33 PM)

It's Thanksgiving day here in the old USA, so naturally the morning movie is:

"ALICE'S RESTAURANT"

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/28/2012 2:44:44 PM)

The morning movie is "Crash Dive".

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/29/2012 4:48:50 AM)

SCTV - Dr. Tongue's Evil House of Pancakes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2gl51J6lo
[sm=00000280.gif]

SCTV - Dr Tongue's 3D House of Slavechicks (in Smell -O- Rama)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CycgQmeWFeE

[image]local://upfiles/7190/056AB4EAE8D3496294F11D2183900A05.jpg[/image]

Mad Cow -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/30/2012 10:28:07 PM)

At the moment I am watching Law & Order.

parusski -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/30/2012 10:47:12 PM)

Monk marathon, courtesy of Netflix.

Just before that I watched series 8 of Shameless, UK version.

VPaulus -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (11/30/2012 11:06:10 PM)

I'm re-watching BSG (Battlestar Galatica) for the third time.
Hopefully, I'll have watched them all before the début of the new spin-off, "Blood & Chrome".

SLAAKMAN -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/1/2012 12:32:18 AM)

Mad Cow
quote:

At the moment I am watching Law & Order.

I thought you were dancing to Richard Simmons?
[:'(]

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/1/2012 10:06:32 AM)

Now playing in DVD player number three is "Stargate". Also loaded into DVD player number one is Stargate SG-1 season one. During the week I happend to find Stargate SG-1 seasons nine and ten at really good prices, ($6.99 each) so I picked them up to complete my set. House rule on TV seasons is, if you buy a new season or movie of a series you already have part of is, you must watch all preceeding movies or seasons before you can watch the new season or movie. I will be watching Stargate SG-1 for awhile. As I got both seasons nine and ten at the same time I only have to watch seasons one to eight once. Then I can watch season nine and ten, sometime next year.

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/3/2012 2:59:44 AM)

It's Sunday, like you didn't know that. This time of year in the good old U.S.A. Sunday is pro-football day. (American football, not that rest of the world soccer crap) Anyway the night game is on. Well, it's currently not on, it's half time. To fill you in on what has happened so far, Philly is making Dallas look silly, 17 to 10 at the half.

Chickenboy -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/3/2012 5:52:56 AM)

And then the Cowboys put their boots on the throat of the birds! How about them Cowboys! [&o]

fodder -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/3/2012 10:21:22 AM)

Yeah, I saw something, more like the birds laid an egg. I'm still happy, I bet on Philly! As I'm sure you know Dallas was giving 7.5, but WOW! The boys with the star are now 500! Whoopdie Do! [>:]

radic202 -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/3/2012 8:17:20 PM)

The Story of Mankind! Awesome!!

[image][IMG]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/radic202/00384140-941685_catl_100.jpg[/IMG][/image]

[image][/image][IMG]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/radic202/20121107__20121109_C3_AEXXSLIDEp4.jpg[/IMG]

wodin -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/3/2012 8:34:08 PM)

Watched the mod season finale of The Walking Dead season 3 today....this has to be the best TV programme in years...love it..Feb is so far away...

redcoat -> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? (12/3/2012 11:15:53 PM)

wodin, where have you been watching season three? I haven't seen the Walking Dead since season 2 ended on Channel 5. Great series.

[image]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meh8xwPaOy1rtgg10o1_500.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI