RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

ehsumrell1 -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/26/2011 7:50:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

Does this mean raiding the cargo bay is back in session? Please, please, pretty please!
I have been a good jedi...

Only when Igard returns to Romulus TJ! [:-]

ASHBERY76 -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/26/2011 12:32:18 PM)

When you play large sector games 10 or 15 sectors I think the border influence radias is still to small.I think another 1/4 increase at least is needed in my view.

Baleur -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/26/2011 4:10:02 PM)

quote:

MODDING

extended limits to DesignsPictureFamilyIndex value in race files (new maximum is 50, not 22)
extended limits to DesignNamesIndex value in race files (new maximum is 50, not 13)

Any chance to add something like this?

extended flag design limit from 40 to 100

And simply have all the flag files in that folder show up ingame, regardless of name or number. Plz? =)
There are so many awesome flags in the mod forum, but it is such a pain to switch them out.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/27/2011 1:33:25 AM)

After playing a large,long game I think the borders are too small and new colonies never increased the influence radii much at all in 20 years play.New colonies need to have a much faster increase in radii if we want to have mining treatys,ect be effective in gameplay.I am still seeing some messy borders because of this..I am also seeing very slow immigration to new colonies which might be a factor.I think this slow immigration issue to new colonies issue was fixed in ROTS patches but seems to be back in Legends from my game.

Apart from that is it pretty solid,not a single crash.

Haree78 -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/27/2011 2:38:38 PM)

@Ashbery
There are balance issues with large borders. The Ancient Guardians border was reduced because it completely ruined the game when they started near you with a massive influence. Home Worlds would extend a too powerful influence.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/27/2011 3:45:46 PM)

It's not homeworld infuence that is causing issues it is new colonies taking too long to immigrat population and influence.Border are still messy on larger maps because they are not clashing with other empires by mid game.

solops -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/27/2011 6:11:22 PM)

I very much prefer a minimal border influence. That keeps the game fluid while still providing a modicum of protection for potential intrasystem assets. Staking out vast areas of interstellar space as belonging to someone is both silly and overly restrictive.

Sithuk -> RE: New Distant Worlds: Legends v1.7.01 Public Beta Now Available! (11/27/2011 7:57:56 PM)

New colonies have never really become relevant. They weren't in patched RoTS either. The immigration does need to be seriously expanded. Possibly much larger transport capacities for the passenger ships?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI