Question (no Michaelm please) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

rader -> Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 4:56:32 PM)

*************Smokescreen********************

As we all know, Michaelm is the man with the patches, and he is awesome! And he is totally volunteer too. According to his flag he lives down under. That means their christmas is in summer, but they still have one [:D].

I wonder if we could organize to get him something nice for christmas if everyone donated a couple dollars each online at a secure site. Does anyone know how to set up a secure paypal site or whatever that could coordinate? I'm not really sure how to do that, but could probably figure it out if I put my mind to it. But if anyone is set up to do this now, who would be potentially willing to contribute? Just trying to gauge interest at this point.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

EDIT: I should also point out that many of the AE crew (not just Michael M) were/are volunteers and are highly deserving of recognition. So hopefully it can be seen as a gesture of appreciation to all those fine foks and their hard work! Cheer to all you guys (and gals, if any [:)])!

///////////////LATER/////////////////////

Just so you don't have to read the entire thread, Rob (jcar) has very kindly volunteered to be the point man because he's well known by forum members and lives in Australia. We will get Michael a Bottle of scotch (or two) and/or maybe a gift voucher. Probably in the $5 dollar range would be good if you want to contribute (don't feel you have to). See post #106.

Here's a recap of his post:

So send donations to jcar's PayPal "jrcar @ iinet dot net dot au" as a "Gift" in Australian Dollars please. Money received by 12 December will be used. After the cut off he will return the funds.

/////////////////////////////

If you live in the US and want to send a check instead, you can send it to Bill (wdolson) in Oregon. He has kindly offered to forward all donations to jcar via paypal. You can PM Bill (wdolson) for the snail mail address.

Merry Christmas to all! [8D]

Cribtop -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 5:16:45 PM)

Damn fine idea. I don't know how to set up paypal but will contribute if someone does.

noguaranteeofsanity -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 5:36:34 PM)

I would definately contribute towards that.

Only slightly familar with Paypal, you can request money, but unless the person transfers the money from their bank account, there is a small fee of 2.9% if they pay by credit card.  You don't need a business account and can use a free personal account to do this, although it often takes several weeks to actually withdraw the money from Paypal into your bank account,but this might vary in different countries (it always redirects me to the Australian site, so cant check that).

SuluSea -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 5:41:40 PM)

I'm in much appreaciation of his efforts. Great idea if this can come together count me in...

obvert -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 5:50:56 PM)

I'm in for sure!

Gunner98 -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 6:01:44 PM)

count me in.

JWE -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 6:11:20 PM)

Michael does like good beer. Rumour has it he's not averse to some good scotch. If ya'll can come up with something "sparkling", I think Brother Eddie (SuluSea) can get it sent to where it needs to go. If not, EJ, I'll help.

Think this is very nice. Roll it up amongst yourselves and send out an honest 'care package'. Micheal will appreciate it very much. So will I, 'cause I like Michael, too. So will EJ, 'cause he likes Michael, too.

If you want to do it, then do it. Me and EJ are standing by.

rader -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 6:35:54 PM)

Does anyone know him personally and/or live near him?

beppi -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 7:06:36 PM)

Count me in, some € not $ but that will be ok [8D].

zuluhour -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 8:30:22 PM)

+1

[image]local://upfiles/37319/BEC73E395DE549ACAA2C9621AEF99668.jpg[/image]

chesmart -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 8:46:15 PM)

Just tell me where to send the Euro before they become worthless. BTW i like JWE's idea we send him some good scotch for xmas

Patbgaming -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 8:58:35 PM)

Count me in.

rjopel -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:02:17 PM)

I'd kick in for the services rended, past and present.

ny59giants -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:06:38 PM)

It would probably be best to find someone in Australia to be the point person. What does a good bottle of scotch cost over there?? Then we can figure out a way to get the money to that person. If not Paypal, then what is option B (Western Union)?

pws1225 -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:12:52 PM)

I'm in.

chesmart -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:18:01 PM)

We could use PayPal

Insano -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:42:22 PM)

I'm in

Grollub -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:45:36 PM)

Now this is a good idea. Would gladly show my appreciation of his efforts. I'm in.

rader -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:50:15 PM)

Yes, good idea. And I like the idea of scotch very much. Is there anyone in Australia who would be willing to pick one up or order it online and have it shipped to him? Especially someone tech savy enough to set up a paypal account that we could send donations to?

How do we figure out where he lives?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

It would probably be best to find someone in Australia to be the point person. What does a good bottle of scotch cost over there?? Then we can figure out a way to get the money to that person. If not Paypal, then what is option B (Western Union)?

USSAmerica -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:53:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rader

Yes, good idea. And I like the idea of scotch very much. Is there anyone in Australia who would be willing to pick one up or order it online and have it shipped to him? Especially someone tech savy enough to set up a paypal account that we could send donations to?

How do we figure out where he lives?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I third this suggestion, and will be glad to chip in!

Great idea and thought, Rader! [sm=00000436.gif]

Mac Linehan -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 9:59:12 PM)

Count me in, Gents -

Mac

"The good you do and embody gives you the only power obtainable"
MBE

Dan Nichols -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 10:16:31 PM)

I will be glad to chip in, maybe we send two bottles? One for Christmas and one for New Years?

JeffroK -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 10:24:39 PM)

Michaels sig says he lives in Sydney, I'm sure Alfred lives there as well.

Someone would have to find his address, is Matrix able to help here??

DOCUP -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/3/2011 10:33:34 PM)

I'm in.

chesmart -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/4/2011 12:00:32 AM)

I think the best solution would be to get one of the former Devs to contact Joe Wilkerson to get Michaels Address and he sends it to the person who lives in Australia that way we can keep it simple. Then we send the money via paypal to him and he sends the present to michael. If you guys need any help setting the paypal account i can help out.

sandman455 -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/4/2011 12:09:09 AM)

[&o]

Scotch, flowers, games, beer, whatever makes him smile because he has certainly made most of us smile.

Sardaukar -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/4/2011 12:21:43 AM)

I am in.

n01487477 -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/4/2011 12:22:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: che200

I think the best solution would be to get one of the former Devs to contact Joe Wilkerson to get Michaels Address and he sends it to the person who lives in Australia that way we can keep it simple. Then we send the money via paypal to him and he sends the present to michael. If you guys need any help setting the paypal account i can help out.

There are online Australian booze delivery companies too ... Anyway, I'm in for a penny [;)]

Of course this could lead to some disagreement about the best Single Malt Scotch out there .. I go with the Macallan 12 / 24 year.

crsutton -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/4/2011 1:04:34 AM)

Yep, set it up. I am in....

PaxMondo -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/4/2011 2:57:22 AM)

Laphroaig

[&o][&o][&o]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI