RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Fishbed -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 1:26:08 PM)

Will do that tomorrow morning when I will wake up and get to my "paypal computer", but I just wanted to point out, as you never know, that Ive just used the thing a couple days ago for the same kind of situation (aka donations to a good member of another community who got his ass kicked from Steam and lost all his games just because he was buying them for the rest of us...) through another member playing proxy, and it works fine. Just sayin' in case some of you would be put off by JWE's strange reaction on that thing (what happened, seriously??? Was his account hacked or what?).

Edit
quote:

[ed] and please don't play 12 year-old games. If I get a check for Wiemar D-Marks, I "will" send the police to your door with a complaint for electronic financial fraud. Have a nice day. [:)]

Seriously, are we joking here? You're gonna complain to the police that someone wrote you a check with an extincted currency even though you did not sell anything to him? Take a chill JWE, you're just not yourself. And even though everyone seems to be bond on trying to calm you down by being overly polite, your two latest posts are just unbelievably offensive and uncalled for.
Actually makes me willing to send you a check in French Francs, just for the pleasure to get the "cops to my door with a complaint for electronic financial fraud"... Geez I didn't study law that much but it sounds like a fun case in itself. But I wouldn't do that, for checks stopped to exist a dozen centuries ago where I live, and you'd never be able to cash my average homeland check in Euros (don't have a checkbook over there anymore either anyway).

Now if you were working at Project Zomboid, I'd understand your problem with Paypal, but I guess you're not...

Miller -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 1:28:24 PM)

wdolson I have sent my donation to your paypal a/c, please pass it on to jcar for me, thanks.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 1:48:39 PM)

I was not planning to say "I sent da money" but given that everyone is doing so... I sent it yesterday to jcar. I suspect there's going to be a lot of generosity. So what will be the gift? Booze (whisky)? [:D] Michael might end up receiving 4 or 5 bottles of really good booze, which he truly deserves. Jcar, if there is something left (the money), buy and drink a beer. It's on the house! [8D]

Canoerebel -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 1:52:22 PM)

I'll be in as soon as I figure out whether paypal takes Confederate money. If it doesn't, I'll invade Maryland, capture a bank in Baltimore, and seize some Union currency.

Remember the Swedish Bikini Team of Old Milwaukee Beer advertising fame? It would be sweet to have the Team deliver the exilir to Michaelm. :)

ny59giants -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 2:32:43 PM)

quote:

I'll be in as soon as I figure out whether paypal takes Confederate money. If it doesn't, I'll invade Maryland, capture a bank in Baltimore, and seize some Union currency.

With the relatively recent price increase in cotton products, you might be able to bring a few bales of Southern cotton to the bank and get a good deal. [;)]

OT- I send my donation in. MichaelM deserves to kill a few thousand brain cells. [:D]

LST Express -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 2:42:21 PM)

Donation sent to Wdolson via PayPal.

Canoerebel -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 3:08:49 PM)

Apparently Paypal does accept Confederate money.  I just made my li'l ol' contribution via wdolson's paypal account. 

SuluSea -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 3:50:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

If it were 1861 you'd have plenty of help.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/baltimore-riots

USSAmerica -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 3:51:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

quote:

That's why there is still a cannon on Federal Hill, overlooking the Inner Harbor. Used to play on it all the time as a kid. [:D]

SuluSea -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 4:48:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

quote:

That's why there is still a cannon on Federal Hill, overlooking the Inner Harbor. Used to play on it all the time as a kid. [:D]

Man.... Mike, those were the days.

Retsel -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 6:13:56 PM)

Donated via Wdolson via PayPal

Sardaukar -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 6:23:49 PM)

Money sent to jrcar via PayPal. [8D]

Gunner98 -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 8:34:28 PM)

Money sent to Jrcar. Thanks for setting this up.

B

zuluhour -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 9:25:51 PM)

Ill do it tonight or tomorrow; is there anything I need to know? Can I use my debit card etc.?

TulliusDetritus -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 9:35:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Ill do it tonight or tomorrow; is there anything I need to know? Can I use my debit card etc.?

There are two systems. Cheques (if you're American it might work, from what JWE said), or paypal. I created my paypal account yesterday, 5 minutes. Then you get an email from them. You have to link the paypal thing with a credit card (as I did). Another email will arrive, you confirm and that's it, ready to go. You should send the money to Wdolson or Jrcar via paypal. See above, emails are there. Or the cheque to JWE [8D]

wdolson -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 11:18:25 PM)

quote:

If you use the link I sent yesterday, you can use a credit or debit card without having a Paypal account. Just follow the directions on the page.

Bill

jrcar -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/5/2011 11:50:23 PM)

So far I've recieved $185 from 17 people.

Cheers

Rob

GreyJoy -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 12:34:12 AM)

Could someone post the link of paypal where to send the money? Can't seem to find it....

Thx

pws1225 -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 12:45:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Could someone post the link of paypal where to send the money? Can't seem to find it....

Thx

see post #103 on page 4

Mundy -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 1:51:05 AM)

I've sent my bit to Bill's PP link.

Ed

Reg -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 1:54:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

quote:

There are two systems. Cheques (if you're American it might work, from what JWE said), or paypal. I created my paypal account yesterday, 5 minutes. Then you get an email from them. You have to link the paypal thing with a credit card (as I did). Another email will arrive, you confirm and that's it, ready to go. You should send the money to Wdolson or Jrcar via paypal. See above, emails are there. Or the cheque to JWE [8D]

I have my PayPal account linked to a separate debit card/bank account that is usually left empty so that if it gets hacked there will not be any balance for them to "withdraw". I top it up with the correct money just before I make a purchase.

Overkill perhaps but you never know....

wdolson -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 1:59:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrcar

So far I've recieved $185 from 17 people.

Cheers

Rob

I have received $218 USD from 15 people. After Paypal fees, I have $207.54.

I did an experiment converting funds to Australian dollars on Paypal and their cut was 4.7%.

Is your cutoff 1200 AM on the 12th or 11:59PM? ie beginning or end of the day? I believe you're about GMT+10 aren't you?

Bill

rader -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 2:30:30 AM)

So far that's probably 2 bottles of really nice scotch [8D]

TulliusDetritus -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 2:34:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

quote:

I have my PayPal account linked to a separate debit card/bank account that is usually left empty so that if it gets hacked there will not be any balance for them to "withdraw". I top it up with the correct money just before I make a purchase.

Overkill perhaps but you never know....

You have what might be called a "virtual" credit card then. Empty until you transfer the money to buy something. This is by far the most intelligent system on the internets, home of many assorted really creative (sometimes) crooks and clowns [8D]

CaptBeefheart -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 3:35:38 AM)

Good to see the support and many thanks to Rob and Bill for handling the coin, plus to Rader for the great idea. Since the money is adding up, might I suggest one good bottle of scotch and the remainder in a wide-ranging gift certificate of some sort?

Cheers,
CC

wdolson -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 4:37:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rader

So far that's probably 2 bottles of really nice scotch [8D]

Or a bottle of well aged Chateau Haut Brion (my personal favorite).

Bill

denisonh -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 6:33:06 AM)

In and money sent. Echo MateDow's comments - thanks for taking lead.

denisonh -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 6:35:31 AM)

Macallan 25 is an option, although Lagavulin 21 and Glengoyne 21 are other good options.

wdolson -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 7:21:48 AM)

My So loves single malt.  Her favorite is Mccallan's.  She gets Mccallan's 12 because the other stuff is too expensive, but someone gave her a bottle of the 18 and we all sampled it.  I think all of us agreed that the 12 was better.

I don't know about other single malts.  I haven't been able to compare different ages of the others.

Bill

denisonh -> RE: Question (no Michaelm please) (12/6/2011 7:28:03 AM)

Macallan is one ofmy very favorites. I got a bottle of 18yr old as a gift when I retired from the Army. But 25 is the bomb.

I just spent two weeks in Scotland during my transition leave in September and visited Glengoyne's distillery just north of Glasgow. Their 17 year old is good stuff.

I also am partial to Lagavulin and Laphroig when in the mood (the peaty flavor is very distinct and tasty). I have 10 different bottles of single malt in my Scotch bar in my study. Ahhh, choices.......

No doubt Michael will appreciate his Christmas gift.......

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

My So loves single malt.  Her favorite is Mccallan's.  She gets Mccallan's 12 because the other stuff is too expensive, but someone gave her a bottle of the 18 and we all sampled it.  I think all of us agreed that the 12 was better.

I don't know about other single malts.  I haven't been able to compare different ages of the others.

Bill

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI