ai mansion production (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

waynev -> ai mansion production (12/5/2011 2:16:11 AM)

i have noticed in the ai file that my USA ai opponent seems to produce repeated unneeded mansions in 1 province-Annapolis. i have seen several earlier posts re this issue with no apparent solution. i was wondering if i can use the bldgs file to reduce this by changing the usa_ai file, if i reduce all these #s will that prompt the ai to create more UNITS rather than buildings? Thanks for any input/suggestions

Gil R. -> RE: ai mansion production (12/7/2011 8:58:27 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. You want to change the starting number of mansions in Annapolis? Or are you asking about doctoring the save file itself?

waynev -> RE: ai mansion production (12/7/2011 1:30:24 PM)

Gil,
Thanks for continuing to respond to the board.
I am trying to get the ai to stop overbuilding things like mansions and be mor likely to build more UNITS.
I have niticed on the ai file that at times the ai will build multiple mansions on one or several turns.
I am trying to alter this somewhat towards UNIT production by altering the US_AI portion of the bldgs file in my scenario.
I think that lowering some of these #s will reduce the likelihood of the ai building these buildings and therefore raise the liklihood of it producing more Units.
Am I correct or just wasting time?
Thanks again
Wayne

Gil R. -> RE: ai mansion production (12/24/2011 5:50:45 PM)

Since our programmer has been busy I thought I'd try to monkey around with this, but I can't find an AI file by that name. Is that the correct name? And where is it? It's not in DATA, where such things should be.

Gil R. -> RE: ai mansion production (12/24/2011 5:52:14 PM)

(Moving out of "Support" in the hope that an experienced modder might see this thread and weigh in.)

waynev -> RE: ai mansion production (12/25/2011 9:04:39 PM)

Gil,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
I was referring to the following file:

"ai_data" located in the Data file.

Thanks,
wayne

Gil R. -> RE: ai mansion production (12/30/2011 11:16:28 PM)

It turns out that that's a completely irrelevant file. FOF was created using the engine originally used for "Crown of Glory," and when deleting obsolete files Eric must have missed this one. Sorry about the red herring.

Happy holidays to you, too.

ericbabe -> RE: ai mansion production (1/15/2012 9:21:10 PM)

The ai_data file is not used.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI