failed air production (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

joey -> failed air production (12/30/2011 11:21:46 PM)

I am trying to understand air production. I don't understand why jake production is failed see attached picture. Its base has plenty of supply. Oil and resources are not an issue..... What causes air production to fail? It has shown up as failed every other day for the last week.

[image]local://upfiles/11959/04383FF4D2E14166B0C69CF960F5E5DC.jpg[/image]

Captain Cruft -> RE: failed air production (12/30/2011 11:24:02 PM)

It will be because there were insufficient engines of the required type in the pool.

n01487477 -> RE: failed air production (12/30/2011 11:33:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: joey

I am trying to understand air production. I don't understand why jake production is failed see attached picture. Its base has plenty of supply. Oil and resources are not an issue..... What causes air production to fail? It has shown up as failed every other day for the last week.

Joey -
This only affects HI,LI, OilRef production. Airframes and Engines are produced by globally available HI points or Engine availability.

As you don't have a HI problem, as Capt. Cruft states - it'll be a lack of engines.

You using Tracker?

joey -> RE: failed air production (12/30/2011 11:37:35 PM)

thanks. Yes now that I look, I am out of engines. Boy it takes forever for engine factories to come up to speed. I assume there is no quick way to speed up engine plant repair.....

n01487477 -> RE: failed air production (12/30/2011 11:44:05 PM)

quote:

thanks. Yes now that I look, I am out of engines. Boy it takes forever for engine factories to come up to speed. I assume there is no quick way to speed up engine plant repair.....

Multiple same type engine factories are the only way. Repairing at multiples obviously increases the speed at which you'll get what you want quickly.

There are some redundant or long term engine factories which I'd switch...

erstad -> RE: failed air production (1/1/2012 3:41:38 AM)

Also, check what are all the aircraft that use that engine and see if you can turn off some other aircraft (assuming you want the Jakes).

If this is stock, Jakes use the Mitsubishi Ha-33, which is also used by Val, Nell, and Mavis. All three of those are important planes, but if your pools are large enough you might be able to turn the off for a bit.

joey -> RE: failed air production (1/1/2012 8:24:40 PM)

Thanks. In the end, it seems that engines are the most important device in the game. You can't move forward without them.

USS Henrico -> RE: failed air production (1/2/2012 12:32:24 AM)

quote:

Thanks. In the end, it seems that engines are the most important device in the game. You can't move forward without them.

Well you could push, but it takes a lot of men to move a plane and it's tough to get them in the air that way. [:D]

sanch -> RE: failed air production (1/2/2012 3:44:33 AM)

Not to mention limited hang time ...

sanch -> RE: failed air production (1/2/2012 3:54:53 AM)

Or, seeing as how they're Jakes, you could tie one to the end of a fast patrol boat and make like a kite ...

Shark7 -> RE: failed air production (1/2/2012 3:39:54 PM)

Engines are your major problem with production, its a fine balancing act getting engines and airframes matched up...and usually a good idea to produce a few more engines than you actually use...but not so many as to crash your economy.

joey -> RE: failed air production (1/3/2012 2:44:48 PM)

I restarted a new game. This time paying special attention to engines. I am trying to maintain 100 in each pool as a way to control for this. This severly limits airplane production, but does prevent all those zeros in production. It is easy to see that Japanese production bearly keeps up with losses.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI