RE: No more "been there, done that" games, please! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Capt. Harlock -> RE: No more "been there, done that" games, please! (1/7/2012 7:50:43 PM)

quote:

My greatest sadness when it comes to this topic is that no one makes semi-realistic sci-fi or science-fantasy wargames any more.

Very true. I note that the attempt to modernize "Reach For The Stars" seems to have bombed.

(Incidentally, "North Atlantic '86" was science fiction when it came out. It featured things like the AMRAAM missile that had not yet been deployed IRL.)

doomtrader -> RE: No more "been there, done that" games, please! (1/7/2012 7:54:58 PM)

I'm going to wait for master of magic

Chris Bisson -> RE: No more "been there, done that" games, please! (1/8/2012 12:30:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

I'm going to wait for master of magic

Me too! [:)]

Perturabo -> RE: No more "been there, done that" games, please! (1/8/2012 1:22:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ezz

You wait twenty years..and then two come at once.

http://www.wargamer.com/news/6952/2k-games-annouces-xcom-enemy-unknown-in-development-by-firaxis-games

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/01/06/why-firaxis-loves-xcom.aspx
Feels weird to hear mainstream game developers talking intelligently a game they are going to remake. It's not natural. It must be a fake.

Arjuna -> RE: No more "been there, done that" games, please! (1/8/2012 2:20:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo
Feels weird to hear mainstream game developers talking intelligently a game they are going to remake. It's not natural. It must be a fake.

[:D]

Rtwfreak -> RE: No more "been there, done that" games, please! (1/8/2012 6:33:24 AM)

Well I would prefer they do more Sci-fi squad level games or old history empire building games with turn based tactical combat. I'm tired of WW2, American Civil War and Napoleon too.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI