RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Yskonyn -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (2/5/2013 8:09:39 PM)

Thanks! :)
I wish more authors would keep their links current. :S

razanon -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2013 7:37:22 AM)

how i can install this?

another question, im playing shadows extended (more races to play) how i can use that mod with that one? please i didnt understand how. thx

razanon -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2013 10:11:42 AM)

dunno if my last post was readed, my question is, how i can install this in every ship? i have distant shadows and a mod named extended (with more races.) thx and my apologies if post is repeated

rjord -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2013 11:27:43 AM)

In the downloaded file, you will find a folder called effects with folders inside
- enginethrusters
- lights
- weapons

To have the visual effects, go to Distant Worlds\images\effects and you will see these folders in there.

Backup those folders first.

Then copy the contents of folder enginethrusters in the rar file to Distant Worlds\images\effects\enginethrusters
Do the same with lights and weapons by replacing the files in those folders with those fro the rar file

The effects should happen in every ship.

Roy

razanon -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2013 11:47:01 AM)

thanks master [&o]

Mansen -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2013 11:56:13 AM)

So many beautiful interface and graphical mods, so little time. :)

AstroCat -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2013 1:24:48 PM)

Yeah this is a good one, haven't tried the ships yet but the effects seem really good. [:)]

TanC -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2013 4:51:34 PM)

Good for Shadows?

Tanaka -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2014 9:23:21 AM)

Anyone still have this mod to reload? Such great effects!

Buio -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2014 10:08:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

I'll upload it to my post.

Tanaka -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2014 7:49:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

I'll upload it to my post.

Thank you Buio! [&o]

FroBodine -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2014 9:38:01 PM)

Does this work with Universe?

I am a mod newbie. How can I add this to an existing mod set I am using, Extended Universe, so I can keep that theme, and add this new shipset to it?

thebigpieman -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2014 11:34:44 PM)

It should, it still uses the same file format and most, if not everything should work, I used it with shadows for a long time so it should still work.

FroBodine -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/29/2014 11:38:30 PM)

Thank you. I am a mod newbie. How can I add this to an existing mod set I am using, Extended Universe, so I can keep that theme, and add this new shipset to it?

thebigpieman -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/30/2014 12:04:00 AM)

Open up the RAR file using whatever program it is you use (WinRAR, 7zip) navigate to the ships folder where you will see two folders family9a and family9b, choose which one you prefer, from there open up the mod/theme folder you are using, navigate to the ships folder, rename the shipset folder you chose to familyx for the one you want to replace or add it in as another set. I don't really know where the effects folder comes in as I feel that's optional but you can use it if you want.

Mesthione -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/31/2014 5:04:26 AM)

My attempt to use the effects files as resulted in the game crashing shortly after initiation. Anyone else have any luck?

Tanaka -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/31/2014 6:53:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mesthione

My attempt to use the effects files as resulted in the game crashing shortly after initiation. Anyone else have any luck?

Works fine for me in customization folder...

thebigpieman -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/31/2014 7:55:51 AM)

The effects folder needs to put under the images folder located in the customization you are using.

HD140283 -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/31/2014 12:11:09 PM)

If you are using the effects from the mod in customization folder and the game crashes on you, you probably have run into the problem, with a folder named enginethrusters which should be located:
Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\(name of your theme)\images\effects\enginethrusters
There are few folders that need to have all the images supplied in them if you use them in customization folder, because they will not go back to look into the original ones if they don't find some images. And this mod doesn't provide all the images in the folder(or at least the version that Buio uploaded and I assume that version is the same as the original), so go into the original folder located:
Distant Worlds Universe\images\effects\enginethrusters
and copy the files from there that are not provided by this mod into the folder under you customized theme. They are named 0-5.png. All the other effects should work fine, but I had my game crashing when I first tried this mod and this solved that problem. Hope it helps.[:)]

Mesthione -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/31/2014 3:53:11 PM)

Thanks guys, looks like HD140283 had my fix! I really appreciate it, it's working now!

tilarium -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/31/2014 11:40:39 PM)

Unclean, thanks for reposting the ship set. The ship set looks pretty cool and wanted to switch my human empire over to it but found the link broken. There's no issues with it in regards to universe and the current version, is there? Also, anything special that needs to be done to merge it in with Extended?

AnddyiRaynor -> RE: [REL] New Shipset + Gloom Effects (5/31/2014 11:47:49 PM)

Just the family name needs to be changed. I don't know what the limit is.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI