RE: Forumites MIA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

DD696 -> RE: Forumites MIA (4/11/2012 1:21:07 PM)

Fella who called himself "Dtravel", a very knowledgeable guy from the WiTP days. He was an AI player like myself, but unfortunately back in those days AI players were treated as if they were lower than the lowest of the low, which is most likely the cause of his disappearance.

treespider -> RE: Forumites MIA (4/22/2012 5:13:24 PM)

Local Yokel - noticed he hasn't posted or logged in since August 2011...anyone know anything?

He did some excellent analysis of my mod....I'll try PMing him.

John 3rd -> RE: Forumites MIA (4/22/2012 7:47:34 PM)

I would add my original WitP mentor to this list----Moses.

Chickenboy -> RE: Forumites MIA (4/23/2012 1:13:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Local Yokel - noticed he hasn't posted or logged in since August 2011...anyone know anything?

He did some excellent analysis of my mod....I'll try PMing him.

I exchanged a few PMs with him about that time frame encouraging him to not leave the forum and stick around. He seemed upset with the tenor of this forum and some of the usual trolls at the time.

I'd be happy to see him back-let us know what you hear, will you?

Canoerebel -> RE: Forumites MIA (4/23/2012 6:11:13 AM)

AU Tiger was a WitP stalwart for a long time. He was in grad school at Auburn (poor guy) and always had something going with the other SEC fans (Cpt Skillet, Tom Label, etc.) Once AU finished up his master's, work duties took his time and he quickly faded away. I miss him.

John III mentioned Moses. When I first came to the WitP forums - probably in 2005 or 2006 - Moses was involved in a gruelling match against jwilkerson. I enjoyed following that one.

JSBoomer -> RE: Forumites MIA (4/23/2012 11:55:37 PM)

AI players were treated poorly? How so? I am an AI player myself and never noticted any poor treatment and I have been around since the fist version and its predecesor...

Canoerebel -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 6:27:35 PM)

GreyJoy and rader have been absent way too long!  GreyJoy was like a meteor, blazing into our awareness but then burning out with nary a trace.  :)

khyberbill -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 8:59:19 PM)

I wonder if it has something to do with hirsute women.

Mike Solli -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 9:12:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

EDIT: Oh, and Mogami too. Not sure whatever happened to him. He reinlisted some time back. Hope he's OK.

I talked to Mogami back on 25 Feb. He's doing well, just busy. He and I are both in the Ohio Guard. He said he plans on retiring in 2015. (I will retire much sooner than that. [;)]) He said he's finally getting some free time and plans to get AE soon. I hope so. He's a good guy. Our paths have crossed periodically over the years. We may meet up at Origins in a few weeks.

Mike Solli -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 9:13:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omat

Hello

Nice to see you again and your cuddly avatar. [:)]

Omat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Taking a break from the game at the moment but no worries/hopes I wont leave this place :)

Would you have said that had GZ been a guy?!

Mike Solli -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 9:15:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Bullwinkle is around.  He's posted infrequently of late, but he's here quite often.  I just wish the poor ol' Yankee would bite on a PBEM.  I think Bullwinkle vs. Chickboy would be fun to watch.  :)

I'm leaking in a bit (time for Depends?) Been trying an AI game as Japanese. I really don't like them at all, but the economy stuff is interesting. Have crashed the economy twice now and am about to start a third time. I don't know how JFBs do it if they don't use Tracker. Even with it, and even in Scen 2, the Empire is in really lousy shape on Dec. 7. I was surprised at how flaccid the industrial base is.

And, as I mentioned in PM to you, I can't get used to the Dr. Seuss designs of their aircraft. Lumpy and bumpy, oh my.

If I can last six months I'll learn something and I can gratefully turn to BabesLite Allied game. The Japanese are like drinking bad cough medicine, but I know it's good for me in the long run.

Very, very carefully. [;)]

You learn to make a small change, then wait to see how it works out. The main advice I can give you is: NEVER, EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES REPAIR/EXPAND LIGHT INDUSTRY.

I have a feeling you probably already knew that, but some newer players may not. [:)]

To be honest, I don't use tracker.

Mike Solli -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 9:22:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

Moose -

As you are a very experienced Allied player, there is little doubt in my mind that you will eventually get a firm grip on the Japanese economy. There is a huge advantage in switching to the Dark Side of the Pond with hundreds of hours of play time under your belt.

I strongly suspect that you will enjoy and master the challenge, and become a more formidable, balanced player because of it.

Eventually, I will have to address you as "Moose - San"... <grin>

Mac

Thank you , sir. [:)]

I did dump the game above and re-started, this time on 2-day turns and with regular R&D. Going much better. I just sent the whole 4th Division to knock over Wake in one turn, then sent it back to Osaka. And I'm cleaning out the piles in Korea, Port A., and Hokkaido while I sink the opposition instead of staging merchants far forward. I also found that the torpedo bombers work much, much better when you give the HQ some fish. Ah, live and learn.

I've always been successful taking Wake with a Naval Guard added to the SNLF originally assigned to the assault force. I just make sure there's a surface group (the Aobas work well) and wait for KB to swing by for support.

Mike Solli -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 9:26:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinnie1912

Almost feel like i have a clue what i'm doing...almost.

Good luck. If you ever figure that out, please let me know. [:D]

Mike Solli -> RE: Forumites MIA (5/3/2012 9:27:54 PM)

I just got a PM from treespider! He's alive and well!

DOCUP -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/12/2012 3:58:29 PM)

Has anyone seen Alfred? 

Canoerebel -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/12/2012 4:03:40 PM)

Alfred and Nemo are awfully scarce these days.  I know Nemo has taken a sabbatical (or it might even be permanent, though I can't say either way).

Alfred has been present much more recently.  He posted in my AAR about a month ago.  Perhaps he's on vacation. Or maybe he's reading Section 12.A.1 of the rules for the 37th time, spending an average of 13 hours per word determining new ways to do things that nobody's ever thought of before....

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/12/2012 5:24:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

Has anyone seen Alfred? 

I correspond with Alfred several times a week. He's fine, but busy with a project. I expect he'll be back around in the next month, at least a bit.

Ddog -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/13/2012 5:12:16 AM)

What ever happened to Brady? I miss his "name this" posts.

DOCUP -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/13/2012 6:27:01 AM)

Thanks Bullwinkle.

n01487477 -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/13/2012 6:56:16 AM)

quote:

Alfred and Nemo are awfully scarce these days.  I know Nemo has taken a sabbatical (or it might even be permanent, though I can't say either way).

I was playing a game with Nemo121 which ended abruptly.[edit]I should say here that we did sort of agree to let it go ... And he was playing and recommended "Wargame European Escalation"(Its DRM (I think) crippled my machine though). Over the years we have corresponded about a variety of things (not just AE) yet strangely over the last few months I have emailed him - but got no reply. I am concerned about this. I know you never make real friends online but I know ours was pretty solid, and for him to ignore my emails leaves me with a big question mark.[EDIT]Anyway, maybe I'm just the dogs dinner.

Fair winds mate and I hope all is well.

[edit]Another is NOMAD ... someone said they contacted him in the past... I doubt he'd be away this long without a hint.

zuluhour -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/14/2012 12:32:10 PM)

It is September 1943 now and still face an IJ major vitory, however we just took Makin and now have a two forward bases in CenPac. New job priorities are good for the wallet, bad for the soul. Wishing all well and hope to post a substantial update while bikini watching (not the atoll) on vacation.

[image]local://upfiles/37319/0D65EBB7C943400EA79A59BB3AED0B89.jpg[/image]

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/15/2012 1:15:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

It is September 1943 now and still face an IJ major vitory, however we just took Makin and now have a two forward bases in CenPac. New job priorities are good for the wallet, bad for the soul. Wishing all well and hope to post a substantial update while bikini watching (not the atoll) on vacation.

[image]local://upfiles/37319/0D65EBB7C943400EA79A59BB3AED0B89.jpg[/image]

I would rather watch the atoll.[;)]

[image]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Sterntaenzer/-ac-bikini-95129d-53488.jpg[/image]

ilovestrategy -> RE: Forumites MIA (6/15/2012 1:38:18 AM)

Graf Zep, not being careful while bikini watching can result in that image! [:D]

Canoerebel -> RE: Forumites MIA (9/6/2012 3:07:49 PM)

TopOfEverest hasn't been around much of late.

Neither has Graffin Zepelin, though she does tend to come and go in little bursts.

And how about Miller41 (I think that's his full screenname)?

AW1Steve -> RE: Forumites MIA (9/6/2012 3:34:27 PM)

quote:

Neither has Graffin Zepelin, though she does tend to come and go in little bursts.

Call the Graffin's name and she shall appear! [:D]

AW1Steve -> RE: Forumites MIA (9/6/2012 4:24:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

OK, then call her name 3 times....GRAFFIN,GRAFFIN,GRAFFIN...? [:D]

Schanilec -> RE: Forumites MIA (9/6/2012 6:16:48 PM)

POOF! What the hell! Where am I?[:D]

crsutton -> RE: Forumites MIA (9/7/2012 7:39:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J Boomer

AI players were treated poorly? How so? I am an AI player myself and never noticted any poor treatment and I have been around since the fist version and its predecesor...

Naw, it never has really been the case. It is just that AI players have inferiority complexes and "their flanks are as tenders as a virgin.s." [;)]

AW1Steve -> RE: Forumites MIA (9/7/2012 8:45:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: J Boomer

Naw, it never has really been the case. It is just that AI players have inferiority complexes and "their flanks are as tenders as a virgin.s." [;)]

And that is why in reality we are so nice to such players. We see them as poetential victim......er opponets! [:D]

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Forumites MIA (9/24/2012 3:29:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

OK, then call her name 3 times....GRAFFIN,GRAFFIN,GRAFFIN...? [:D]

Does not work that way [:-]

Yes Cano is right I tend to come in bursts. Normaly once per year I tend to get my WIPAE fever.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI