RE: Confession of an Addict (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

geofflambert -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/28/2012 7:43:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Pax - Don't drink and give orders. [:-][:-] Did that once and it wasn't pretty. [X(]

[image]local://upfiles/37002/1F1A82804BC64ED694349908FC4B0D6B.jpg[/image]

FDRLincoln -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/28/2012 9:10:22 PM)

Rising Sun: Lawrence is in the East Central part of the state, about halfway between Topeka and the Kansas City Metro area, along Interstate-70. Sweet little college town.

Schanilec -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/28/2012 9:14:22 PM)

South of Bismarck?[:D]

rjopel -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/28/2012 9:34:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: FDRLincoln

Nashvillen: I'm on the SFU staff, too....SFB and Prime Directive. Had some fiction published in Captain's Log. But...well, AE is distracting me too! lol

Then there are three of us here. rjopel is not hard to figure out. I am M Curtis.

Look, Three SFU players, three WITP:AE players and three SFU Staff members.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/28/2012 9:37:23 PM)

quote:

Rising Sun: Lawrence is in the East Central part of the state, about halfway between Topeka and the Kansas City Metro area, along Interstate-70. Sweet little college town.

Ah i drove through there when heading to New York, its nice on the east side of Kansas, but half way to west side sucked! lol

FDRLincoln -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/28/2012 10:44:29 PM)

Eastern Kansas is beautiful....trees, hills, lovely countryside. It doesn't get flat and boring until about 75 miles west of here.

eloso -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 1:35:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I'm glad I'm not addicted to AE....

[sm=innocent0009.gif]

Me too. I can quit any time I want to... honest... [:D]

nashvillen -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 1:38:12 AM)

My regular opponent is unable to play as regular this week and I am having withdrawal symptoms, just staring at the computer and "having nothing to do". My son is wanting to use the computer, but I am normally processing turns and am finding myself having difficulty releasing it to him. Lucky for me I have this forum to comment on in the mean time!

jeffk3510 -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 2:59:07 AM)

[:D] What is wrong with the middle of Kansas? Its lovely here.

geofflambert -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 3:45:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

The best thing is that those of us addicted to this game should be able to avoid senility. Studies suggest that playing games that make you think can help prevent the onset of senility - and we'll all be playing this game for ages to come!

Well said, sir. Also, don't forget that....ummmm...oh damnit...I had something else to say. I'll get back to yu.

Both of you, how do we know this game isn't just a dream, or that our nurse didn't skimp on our Thorazine in order to save some up for her pet Pomeranian who's been having issues lately?

geofflambert -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 3:50:01 AM)

quote:

Eastern Kansas is beautiful....trees, hills, lovely countryside. It doesn't get flat and boring until about 75 miles west of here.

Yes, I know, the trees are just the right height and the grass is just the right color, Oops, I think the Republican brainwashing machine is getting the better of me. How many electoral votes does Kansas have, anyway?

jeffk3510 -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 3:55:01 AM)

Seriously? [8|]

FDRLincoln -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 3:58:21 AM)

Not everyone in Kansas is a Republican, and that's all I'm going to say on that topic.

jmalter -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 4:22:21 AM)

hi FDRLincoln, i just clicked to the identity of your avatar - Jackie Fisher, right?

FDRLincoln -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 4:40:32 AM)

Yes, Fisher....his gaze directed towards HMS Tiger...the best of the WW1 battlecruisers he inspired. Also note his motto "Fear God and Dread Nought".

Torplexed -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 4:59:03 AM)

quote:

Yes, Fisher....his gaze directed towards HMS Tiger...the best of the WW1 battlecruisers he inspired. Also note his motto "Fear God and Dread Nought".

I believe that when the US was outfitting it's first battleships, a Congressman found naming them after states to be too dull and proposed that one be named "Skeerd-O-Nothin,'" presumably as a counter to Dreadnought.

A great opportunity lost. [:D]

jmalter -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 5:04:42 AM)

i got acquainted w/ Adm. Fisher through Massie's fine books 'Dreadnought' & 'Castles of Steel'. The 1st book covers the historical/political/naval/biographical background of the RN/KM 'naval race', the 2nd describes the naval actions of WWI. needless to say, JF figures rather prominently in both!

MikeS4269 -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 5:10:11 AM)

Amusingly, MichaelU and myself spend most of our face-to-face game time playing around in the SFU as well! We have been having several match-ups a month. Our last went poorly for my Hydran forces when I misjudged a scatter pack....

It was the arrival of my second child last week which pretty much knocked out our weekends for the foreseeable future. He happened to send me a link for the new WitP AE patch and.........

Here I am again!

For the record, I still have a Captain's Log in my backpack which I'll be reading over lunch later today. [:)]

[We're part of Battlegroup Singapore if anyone is every looking for a SE Asia match up!] [8D]

Rising-Sun -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 9:55:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

[:D] What is wrong with the middle of Kansas? Its lovely here.

Well its not bad but, there alot of tornados running through here. Forgot which town i came through got completed wiped out, something like greenburg IDK. Just High n Dry on the western parts of Kansas.

jeffk3510 -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 1:22:28 PM)

Yes...Greensburg. that is 30 miles west of here.

morganbj -> RE: Confession of an Addict (2/29/2012 1:52:07 PM)

I'm not addicted, either. Shoot, when at work I can go five, maybe, ten whole minutes without thinking of what I need to do during my next turn. [8|]

ilovestrategy -> RE: Confession of an Addict (3/1/2012 9:43:56 AM)

quote:

Nashvillen: I see you also share an interest in my other Great Obsession: the Star Fleet Universe.

Klingon B-10 Battleship....the Yamato of the Milky Way Galaxy...

Star Fleet Battles rules. I've read the time line so many times it's not even funny. I love the General War. Remember when Fast Patrol Ships were called Psuedo-Fighters? [:D]

FDRLincoln -> RE: Confession of an Addict (3/1/2012 2:17:46 PM)

Oh, yes, I do indeed remember "pseudo-fighters." :)

nashvillen -> RE: Confession of an Addict (3/1/2012 2:53:58 PM)

As do I, Supplement #2, I believe... (yeah, I know Jean hates those [:D])

rjopel -> RE: Confession of an Addict (3/1/2012 9:58:59 PM)

They ask me what I'm doing for 14 hr workdays and I say, planning the invasion of:

Rabual, Rangoon, Kawalejian, Saipan, Guam, Wake Island,

[sm=Evil-210.gif]

nashvillen's opponent.

bradfordkay -> RE: Confession of an Addict (3/2/2012 2:47:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Torplexed

quote:

I believe that when the US was outfitting it's first battleships, a Congressman found naming them after states to be too dull and proposed that one be named "Skeerd-O-Nothin,'" presumably as a counter to Dreadnought.

A great opportunity lost. [:D]

The legislator being mentioned was from South Carolina, if my enfeebled memeory suffices.

BTW: FDRLincoln... the Tiger was my favorite ship in AH's Jutland. I named our next cat Tiger after getting that game.

bradfordkay -> RE: Confession of an Addict (3/2/2012 2:47:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

The best thing is that those of us addicted to this game should be able to avoid senility. Studies suggest that playing games that make you think can help prevent the onset of senility - and we'll all be playing this game for ages to come!

Well said, sir. Also, don't forget that....ummmm...oh damnit...I had something else to say. I'll get back to yu.

Both of you, how do we know this game isn't just a dream, or that our nurse didn't skimp on our Thorazine in order to save some up for her pet Pomeranian who's been having issues lately?

Well, considering that I don't recall ever having been in a nursing home - unless my whole life is just a Thorazine induced dream... [:D]

ilovestrategy -> RE: Confession of an Addict (3/2/2012 11:13:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

As do I, Supplement #2, I believe... (yeah, I know Jean hates those [:D])

I remember buying supplement #2 and finding no counters inside! Luckily for me the ADB sent me some counters after reading my pleaing letter. :D

That was back when the BPV were double digits. I'm such a major SFB fanboy, it's ridiculous.

One thing I never tried though, was the Kauffman Retrograde. Did you?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI