(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

Admiral Scott -> (12/3/2002 3:50:55 AM)

Did Avalon Hill have a Bismark game also?

pasternakski -> (12/3/2002 5:20:46 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Admiral Scott
[B]Did Avalon Hill have a Bismark game also? [/B][/QUOTE]

Their computer Bismarck game was called "North Atlantic Convoy Raider." As rcwkent has already indicated, it was abysmal. You should have seen their lame attempt at computer Midway. It was even worse.

Admiral Scott -> (12/3/2002 11:34:24 AM)

I got the two games confused for a minute there. I had Computer Bismark by SSI, but I don't remember it being a Gary Grigsby game. I remember launching float planes and trying to evade the Royal navy and break out into the North Atlantic.
That game had great suspence. Were going way back, I am 40 now, so I must have been 18 or 19 years old.

I use to fill out those little SSI customer response cards and tell SSI every idea I had for wargames like a kid making a list for Santa Claus! I was so happy to see my wish list come true with every new title. I remember each game was $59.99, and so I bought almost every title SSI put out until the early 1990's when I slowed down a bit, I must have spent thousands of dollars on SSI software alone! No wonder my wife divorced me in 1992, I spent all my time and money on computers and wargames during my 12 year marriage to her and SSI!!!

I wanted Pacific war to be my favorite wargame, but Panzer General 2 was the most fun I ever had with a war game.
I cant wait for War in the Pacific, it will be my dream wargame come true, if the A.I. plays ok!

CommC -> (12/4/2002 11:18:56 AM)

Pilot allocation and air-group transfer are both working perfectly for me. Each air group has about the right number of pilots vs ready aircraft. When an air group is transferred, the damaged planes automatically follow as soon as they are repaired.

I'm using:
UV v2.1, updated with True Update
PIII 600, 128MB RAM, Win 98SE, TNTII Ultra 32 MB

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI