RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/22/2012 11:38:15 AM)

20th june.. the 8 day reverse siege comes to a final end east of sevestapol.. the surrender of the final german forces..none escaped. Some 60,000 men and an estimated 800 guns, two german corps and almost one hungarian corps wiped out.

[image]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1866/finalattack.png[/image]

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/22/2012 12:35:41 PM)

TURN 11

[image]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/2607/76012670.jpg[/image]

Keunert -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/22/2012 2:16:50 PM)

ouch ouch ouch

i think it's a matter of days until the initiative changes over to the soviets.
very impressive playing Herr Krupp!

Keunert -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/22/2012 2:22:24 PM)

What will be the effect on the Romanians? you have wiped out a lot of them. Will they stop sending replacements? can it also influence the reinforcement list?

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/22/2012 3:12:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

ouch ouch ouch

i think it's a matter of days until the initiative changes over to the soviets.
very impressive playing Herr Krupp!

Yes it hurts him, but i am no where near getting on equal troop numbers for a long time i think I will be force to run at least another week or two in the north, I am trying to get a critical mass of troops going or starting, at the south and working north. I just want to stop breakouts to the south because if he can stretch out my front i will be in trouble.

quote:

What will be the effect on the Romanians? you have wiped out a lot of them. Will they stop sending replacements? can it also influence the reinforcement list?

Im not really sure, I would think. with the huge losses they have taken by now i think 4-5 divisions worth killed plus a headquarters, that their spirit must be low. If i remember right this means they wont get replacements, but i have no idea what the spirit level is. However looking at the reinforcements menu he has been getting large numbers of Romanian and minor ally divisions. So there are actually alot more of them despite what I have killed. This is also why his army numbers haven't dropped much, I think I have killed now 1/4 of the total German army ~1/4 of all german artillery, 1/3 all german mobile troops and 1/2 his tank force. But he has gotten alot of Romanian reinforcements so his total army is only down by 1/7 or so while mine is still down right near breaking point. But the good news is he really will have a tough time chasing me or encircling or breaking through without all those mobile units, and the minors seem pretty easy to defeat so far. So in reality his army is much weaker than the numbers show.

But the better news is according to the reinforcement schedule he will not be getting any more reinforcements for along while, while I will get a steady stream of a division or two every turn. I also now have a large amount of VP's 24 I think? I could trade in 10 of them for reinforcements, but when I think about it, I would rather have the VP's, because I have no objectives now, and I have no way of knowing If I can hold my next objective or not, so i will have to wait for stavka to issue orders before I cash those. Until then i will run where I am outnumbered, defend where I get good terrain or attack where i can get 1 to 2 losses.

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/25/2012 2:55:07 AM)

TURN 14

In the air we gain superiority over the south, and start extending our reach north tentatively, our fighters sweep the skies every turn.

Stalin ordered us to hold a town we just took in the crimea on the very front lines.. for 8 turns.. right as germans were launching an attack at that very area... seems hopeless but we move everything we possibly can to hold that city.

In the north we must run, but in the south a german headquarters unit gets destroyed in repeated combat, leaving the army without a headquarters we take advantage of the situation to launch our first minor offensive gaining and holding ground on the mainland. We surround a part of a german division and hope to kill it off.

Our losses have stabilized while the enemy bleeds but its unclear how much longer we can keep running before we have to start fighting again. If we loose our new 16vp objective.. we will not be able to afford to loose another and loose the game. We may have to shift entire armies to support the next objective, but unfortunately the Crimea shot us in the foot, with no rail connection we couldn't send reinforcements fast enough.

[image]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7237/46701673.jpg[/image]

stone10 -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/26/2012 5:04:08 AM)

quote:

They won't stop getting replacements. In my op. uranus PBEM game, I lost more than 30k Romanians and their spirit was down to 50-ish. I'm still receiving reinforcement for them.

Keunert -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/26/2012 6:35:34 AM)

replacemt and reinforcements? or only reinforcements?

bwheatley -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/26/2012 7:39:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bwheatley

Distance doesnt appear to matter but here is something weird. When i made a new Transport corp it has 25 planes (5 real sftype) and can carry more supply.

But the main unit can only send 15 now. I wonder if its because of the unit being larger than 100 for airbase stacking. I'll have to experiment and see.

Turns out the group is hq set to 6A it needs to be OKH because only top level can store supply in DC2

AP514 -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/26/2012 9:09:24 PM)

Wow..................... what a CHEESE move ( Amfib. landing) ..leave it to some one to cheat "but still be with in the game rules".

I guess it was just a matter of time before it was tried.

I see a Patch to fix that Cheese ....in the very near Future......the German air would have made short work of the landing barges long before they even got close. Let alone the Security forces not shown in the landing areas

bwheatley -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/26/2012 9:56:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AP514

Wow..................... what a CHEESE move ( Amfib. landing) ..leave it to some one to cheat "but still be with in the game rules".

I guess it was just a matter of time before it was tried.

I see a Patch to fix that Cheese ....in the very near Future......the German air would have made short work of the landing barges long before they even got close. Let alone the Security forces not shown in the landing areas

If someone doesn't like the idea of an amphib landing setup a house rule. i Don't think it's cheesy it's not history on rails. Russians had the ability to try it if they wanted in reality. Also if the German player had reacted faster and protected the few points of the exposed rail he would have been able to save his forces and bag even more Russians

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/27/2012 12:11:27 AM)

DO the germans have any torpedo bombers? seems unit KG 26 is missing torpedos, not even sure if its in game, i don;t remember any german level bombers having a good naval attacks at all. that might help them alot, already the weaker transports is good. Plus I don;t think the air supply was working for my opponent.

bwheatley -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/27/2012 2:27:47 PM)

yea he needs to set his transprots to be hq'd to OKH..by default they are set to 6A which is why they can only send 18 supply. You should probably restart since that is a pretty big boner. Once i got the thing setup right i was able to send ample supply. His crimea pocket would have fought better as well.

It's your call but my victory would feel hollow if it was based on a bug in the scenario setup. :)

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/27/2012 3:30:06 PM)

Blind Sniper has been given permission to view the aar to make any comments regarding the bugs ect.

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (8/28/2012 3:18:10 PM)

So i surrendered to Blind_Sniper because of all the gameyness and the problems he said he had with air supply, and he thinks my transports have too much amphibious capacity. Although he thinks he still made some errors as well. But Blind_Sniper has also surrendered to me as well, so we've double surrendered. Which means the game continues on gentlemanly terms.

krupp_88mm -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (9/4/2012 3:10:51 AM)

Turn 18

Lots of running, he still inflicting quite heavy losses even though i am running, he is getting pretty close to Stalingrad and all that stands in his way is a thin red line. I somehow doubt I can stop him from reaching the city. Not sure If tat will hurt my supplies but I probably should start saving up some points in case. He hasn't taken my VP cit in the Crimea yet, i have too hold 2 more turns.. seems almsot impossible, if they do hold it may end up being surrounded. My supply form the ports was interdicted by air, and we struck back killing alot of planes.. The one bright spot is the air war, we are gaining air superiority it seems, but our bombers are still ineffectual and his aa is to strong for us to really use it to hurt his forces. But I will still be happy if we can end his constant bombing of my forces.

[image]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2526/turn18.jpg[/image]

balcazrvam -> RE: Case Blue: Krupp_88mm (Ponies) vs Blind Sniper (Axis) (9/5/2012 1:04:37 PM)

clouds had vacated the heavens

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI