Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

Grotius -> Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/15/2012 7:07:43 PM)

I have two engineers stacked together in Voronezh, trying to repair the bridge leading out of the south hexside of the Voronezh city hex. No enemy units are nearby. I've had them sit there for a day, expending no APs, but I'm still told they lack the EPs to repair the bridge. I guess I have two questions:

1. Can these two units combine their EPs together to repair a bridge? If so, why isn't two ENG units enough? How many will I need? (It's hard to tell which river this hexside is crossing -- the Voronezh or the Don. I think it's the Voronezh, but I'm not sure.)

2. Will their EPs accumulate over coming turns? If so, should I just wait longer?

Thanks. I could really use that bridge right now, as I have supply problems to the south...

Pawsy -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/15/2012 7:54:01 PM)

I manged a bridge repair with one. Maybe move one to other side hex the repair bridge icon is highlighted then click and its done?

Grotius -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/15/2012 10:59:30 PM)

I guess I'll try that. Not sure what else to do.

Vic, if you're reading: Do EPs accumulate from one turn to the next? Can Engineers combine their EPs with another Engineer to repair?

bwheatley -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/16/2012 12:03:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I guess I'll try that. Not sure what else to do.

Vic, if you're reading: Do EPs accumulate from one turn to the next? Can Engineers combine their EPs with another Engineer to repair?

Engineers dcan't combine their EP between another unit. Also EP's do accumulate per turn upto the max set for the sftype.

kemmo -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/16/2012 12:58:47 AM)

If I understand it correctly engineer units lose all their EP's when they move and bridges over larger rivers need more EP's to repair,so engineer units may need to stay put for a couple of turns before being able to repair major bridges.

Grotius -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/16/2012 1:11:02 AM)

It's a pretty big river, even if it's not the Don, so maybe I just need to wait, then. I hope one of these units has a large enough Max EPs.

I see "100" in the EP field for one of them, but I don't know whether that means its current EPs or its max total.

kemmo -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/16/2012 2:58:12 AM)

If it's the Don it needs 150 EP's to repair.Fairly sure the 100 in the EP field is the current level.

Grotius -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/16/2012 5:42:45 AM)

OK, thanks. I'll give it another turn or two.

Keunert -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/16/2012 7:34:38 AM)

EP's do accumulate over turns. you have to count that in when repairing bigger bridges. (Golden Gate)

Grotius -> RE: Two Engineers can't repair a bridge (8/16/2012 11:17:59 PM)

Waiting did the trick. After two or three turns, both of my engineer units had accumulated enough EPs to repair the bridge. Yay!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI