RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

Keunert -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (8/24/2012 2:45:46 PM)

yes it would affect all units that get supply by this port. maybe this is the best solution to win there fast. low supply makes for high casualties.

U2 -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (8/24/2012 3:04:22 PM)

I'll restart and try that strategy [:)]

Toby42 -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (8/24/2012 5:19:26 PM)

So, how do you bomb a town/port?

U2 -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (8/24/2012 11:13:07 PM)

One soviet HQ standing in the way of 80% of the german 11th in Kerch killing scores and hardly getting touched. Jesus christ...

gravyface_ -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (9/3/2012 3:15:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: U2

One soviet HQ standing in the way of 80% of the german 11th in Kerch killing scores and hardly getting touched. Jesus christ...

Have you tried what Vic suggested re: bombing the structure to 0?

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (9/4/2012 5:30:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

I think you select the hex, then press the 'Z' key and select the attacking units. Now click the Attack button. I'm at work now...

Toby42 -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (9/4/2012 5:41:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

I think you select the hex, then press the 'Z' key and select the attacking units. Now click the Attack button. I'm at work now...

So if there are units in the hex, there is a chance that the town or port will be damaged also?

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (9/4/2012 7:02:04 PM)

Yes, I believe that's how it works. You don't select a special 'attack urban' setting or anything like that. At least I haven't found that option yet, if it does exist.

Keunert -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (9/4/2012 7:13:40 PM)

every bombing and shelling damages all infrastructure in the hex automatically. you cannot avoid this, nor do you have to push a special command to make this happen.
this should be considered if you plan to use a bridge that is only lightly defended: an airstrike could destroy the bridge you wanted to use.

at least in DC1 levelbombers were more effecting at bridge busting than divebombers. and artillery never or very seldom kills a bridge. i don't know how DC2 handles this. the bridges are less important for the supply flow but i think they are also harder to destroy than in Warsaw to Paris.

balcazrvam -> RE: Getting Incredibly Frustrated -- Cannot Take Kerch (9/5/2012 1:02:22 PM)

ntrenchment which makes things alot easier,

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI