FPG2 News! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany

CapnDarwin -> FPG2 News! (8/23/2012 6:35:44 PM)

We should have some major announcements about the new game coming in a few weeks so stay tuned!

WriterJWA -> RE: FPG2 News! (8/23/2012 6:40:37 PM)

Wow ... that was unexpected!

Emilio -> RE: FPG2 News! (8/25/2012 8:49:41 AM)

[&o][&o][&o][&o]

Hurrah!!!
Thanks for the info. I'll check it daily [:'(]

CapnDarwin -> RE: FPG2 News! (9/5/2012 3:53:12 PM)

Based on last night's schedule meeting the announcement will be in the first week or two in October. A bit of a delay, but it will be good news. [8D]

Vyshka -> RE: FPG2 News! (9/17/2012 11:21:30 PM)

Looking forward to hearing the news Capn. Will there also be news about the Mideast title?

WriterJWA -> RE: FPG2 News! (10/3/2012 4:54:17 PM)

Soooo........ what's the latest? [:D]

Awac835 -> RE: FPG2 News! (10/8/2012 8:09:16 PM)

Finally some news [:D]

Vyshka -> RE: FPG2 News! (10/12/2012 7:01:40 PM)

Where is the news????? [:D]

Mad Russian -> RE: FPG2 News! (10/12/2012 11:23:00 PM)

The news is there is movement. Whenever Matrix decides to tell you just how much movement is up to them.

Good Hunting.

MR

Vyshka -> RE: FPG2 News! (10/23/2012 10:10:42 PM)

We Want the News! We Want the News! [;)]

CapnDarwin -> RE: FPG2 News! (10/24/2012 2:26:14 PM)

Like a busy airport, we are stuck on the tarmac waiting for the tower to clear us. I know Matrix has a good number of games in the queue ahead of us. I guess I can say we are currently slated for a post Christmas release, but I can't say exactly when.

As soon as we know more so will you. [8D]

wodin -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/18/2012 11:19:14 PM)

A shame it's before Xmas if the game is ready. When will we see screenshots and get more detailed game info then?

budd -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/19/2012 1:51:54 AM)

which game? ME or FPG2. haven't read any info on ME in a long time.

wodin -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/19/2012 10:36:25 PM)

FPG2 mate.

budd -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/20/2012 2:18:42 AM)

so what about ME, wasn't that in development before FPG 2?

IronManBeta -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/20/2012 2:33:25 AM)

FPG2 is in intensive development but we are not quite ready to announce it yet. I can hardly wait to start pumping out screen shots and such but that would still be a touch premature to do right now.

The FPG2 engine is a near total rewrite of the FPG engine and we will take it to the Middle East immediately after FPG2 is released. There is a ton of research from the Middle East that I want to use.

We have worked extremely hard on this game and want it to be the best possible when it is released. We plan to support it and enhance for a long, long time to come too. Just a little more patience please and I think you will be really happy.

IronManBeta -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/20/2012 2:52:51 PM)

Yes, I was working on FPME for years and it was going to be the next one out. Back in the spring though I evaluated it and just didn't think it was worth continuing with as is. Some early design decisions came back to haunt me, scope creep was a huge problem, and I was sick to death of all things Middle East as well.

What I did was to sit down in April/May and draw up a list of key things to change so the project would be reinvigorated and finally ship. That has worked out pretty well for us. Mad Russian joined the team when we switched back to NATO/WP and his help has made all the difference.

We will follow up with a Middle East edition as quickly as we can as we have all the data for it. The hard part - as always - will be the maps and scenarios.

Regards, Rob Crandall

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

so what about ME, wasn't that in development before FPG 2?

budd -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/21/2012 2:22:41 AM)

Thx for the in depth reply, appreciate it. I'll be picking up FPG during the sale and giving it a go.

Spechtmeise -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/26/2012 7:30:24 AM)

I, for one, will buy FPG2 as soon as it is out. FPG1 was/is a great game. So how does FPG2 differ? Just curious.

wodin -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/26/2012 8:02:09 AM)

I never bought FG due to the no dismounted Inf..however FPG2 is on my list.

Mad Russian -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/29/2012 5:23:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stratocruiser

I, for one, will buy FPG2 as soon as it is out. FPG1 was/is a great game. So how does FPG2 differ? Just curious.

New members have been added to the team. They bring a different perspective from the previous team. You will see the differences in your very first scenario.

FPG had 4 maps - FPG2 has 25. Maps include from mountains to the North German Plain, from Bad Hersfeld to the Rhine (yes, the Rhine River is on at least one map)

The combat, sighting, and movement models have been redone because of the new maps.

There are 25 maps and there is at least 1 scenario that uses each of the maps.

The scenario editor has been redone.

Your comments and suggestions concerning FPG1 were all taken into consideration. Changes were made based on those as well as other input.

The development team is working hard and one of these days you will begin to SEE what's been/being done. That time is rapidly approaching. Matrix has some things to get out the door first. Then....well, Erik will open the flood gates himself! [&o]

Until then things are moving along and there should be some kind of news at least once a week until we get to the point where the game can be unveiled in total.

Good Hunting.

MR

DBeves -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/29/2012 9:45:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

quote:

New members have been added to the team. They bring a different perspective from the previous team. You will see the differences in your very first scenario.

FPG had 4 maps - FPG2 has 25. Maps include from mountains to the North German Plain, from Bad Hersfeld to the Rhine (yes, the Rhine River is on at least one map)

The combat, sighting, and movement models have been redone because of the new maps.

Your comments and suggestions concerning FPG1 were all taken into consideration. Changes were made based on those as well as other input.

The development team is working hard and one of these days you will begin to SEE what's been/being done. That time is rapidly approaching. Matrix has some things to get out the door first. Then....well, Erik will open the flood gates himself! [&o]

Until then things are moving along and there should be some kind of news at least once a week until we get to the point where the game can be unveiled in total.

Good Hunting.

MR

quote:

team is working hard and one of these days you will begin to SEE what's been/being done. That time is rapidly approaching. Matrix has some things to get out the door first. Then....well, Erik will open the flood gates himself!

Infantry Dismounts ?

Mad Russian -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/30/2012 1:31:43 AM)

Yes, infantry dismounts.

Good Hunting.

MR

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/30/2012 8:24:05 AM)

quote:

Yes, infantry dismounts.

Good Hunting.

MR

I have two questions

1. Are the Dutch also included? Of better say which countries are included?

2. Are there also SOF units like Spetsnaz, Green Berets, KCT, SAS, Rangers, Royal Marines etc?

wodin -> RE: FPG2 News! (11/30/2012 5:45:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

Good Hunting.

MR

Exciting stuff indeed.....really looking forward to this..I see it being a sleeper hit.

Emilio -> RE: FPG2 News! (12/1/2012 11:43:18 AM)

25 new maps. Thank you [&o]

Do we have the possibility to create maps from scratch using the new editor?

Mad Russian -> RE: FPG2 News! (12/1/2012 6:23:21 PM)

Capn Darwin can tell you more about making maps from scratch. I just use what they give me. Actually, I used it a lot! There were going to be a small selection of maps like in FPG1 until I got the editor and went kind of map making crazy.

There are certain sections of Germany that are covered in depth...hmmmm....let me think...the Fulda Gap? Yes, that's one! From Bad Hersfeld to the Main River has pretty extensive coverage. If you served in that area you will instantly recognize the terrain features. The game maps were created using actual modern maps but only the main roads are depicted on the maps.

Good Hunting.

MR

demiller -> RE: FPG2 News! (12/7/2012 2:13:51 AM)

I was excited for this before details started coming out, and now that I hear they've let MR at the maps I'm doubly excited. I've been having a blast with your work in Panzer Command Ostfront MR. I'm really looking forward to what you've done with maps and scenarios in FPG2.

Mad Russian -> RE: FPG2 News! (12/8/2012 3:24:14 PM)

Thanks demiller, I appreciate your kind words. I can only hope that the maps and scenarios for this game will be as well received as some of my previous works.

This is new ground for me. In the past I've concentrated on researching and presenting historical actions. In this case I basically had to write a script for what I thought WWIII would be like. There was no lack of research into the actual Order of Battle for both NATO and the Warsaw Pact for the correct time period.

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/329F312C9F944CAEBBDAF02F72C056FE.jpg[/image]

Mad Russian -> RE: FPG2 News! (12/8/2012 4:02:32 PM)

It all starts right HERE!

What is that in the city? Is that an unmounted infantry unit???

Good Hunting.

MR

[image]local://upfiles/28652/EEB2811CF4B149B68199CD2BD5950D3C.jpg[/image]

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI