Radius of Higher Command (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

RayWolfe -> Radius of Higher Command (8/27/2012 6:25:32 PM)

I'm aware of the importance of keeping units in touch with their Korps/Army. How close do Korps/Army have to be to their higher command?
The HQ Power Range graphic is the same size for all headquarters so would I be right in thinking that the effective radius is the sae?
Thanks

rominet -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (8/27/2012 7:49:39 PM)

It is a good question as it is clear that it is better to keep units close to their Corps HQ (german terminology) but i never saw any penalties for a Corps HQ and its units fighting very far away from their Army HQ or where am i wrong?

Rosseau -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (8/27/2012 9:45:20 PM)

I seem to remember (in DB only) a green-to-yellow radius showing C&C. But yes, what is the affect?

Here is another: I tend to obsessively move my higher-HQ east (or west in WiP) to the next town. In some games, this would make the HQ less effective cause it displaced. But I assume it just burns AP?

sandman2575 -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (8/27/2012 11:58:55 PM)

Keeping your Corps HQ within radius of their divisions gives combat bonus, of course, but I don't believe Army HQs or above give combat bonuses for being in range of either Corps HQs or divisions--

However, if you play and Army level card on a Corps, you want to be sure the Corps HQ falls in the 'green zone' of the parent Army HQ in order to get 100% of the benefit of the card. The effectiveness of an Army card decreases proportionally if the Corps HQ is not in optimal (100% HQ power) range of the Army HQ.

Otherwise, I'm not sure keeping your Army HQ's in range of Corps HQs and divisions has any benefit -- (?)

RayWolfe -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (8/28/2012 9:15:08 AM)

Thanks for those thoughts, however, if true:
1. Could mean a lot of juggling of higher commands
2. Would that also apply to OKW which I think is imovable
3. Most games I've played where such things are important, the radius of higher commands is larger than lower commands.

So many question - so little time. [&:]

Vic -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (8/28/2012 9:39:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RayWolfe

I'm aware of the importance of keeping units in touch with their Korps/Army. How close do Korps/Army have to be to their higher command?
The HQ Power Range graphic is the same size for all headquarters so would I be right in thinking that the effective radius is the sae?
Thanks

HQ Power range has only effect on HQ bonus (corps,army,OKH) on non-HQ units doing fighting and on Corps Officers playing cards.

As far as i remember Army cards are free to play on any distance.

rominet -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (8/28/2012 10:46:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

I think it is right. I never saw any penalties on cards effect depending on distance between Corps and Army HQ (german terminology).

However, it seems strange to me that a Corps and all of its units can fight without any penalties even at very large distance from its own Army HQ (german terminology).
IMHO, HQ bonus of combat units should not only depend of distance from their own Corps HQ but also from distance between the Corps HQ and the Army HQ (german terminology).
Of course, in this case, Army HQ should have a better range than 5.

For example, a unit fighting at a distance of 6 of its Corps HQ (so Corps HQ bonus = 75) but this last one too far away from its Army HQ (based on the same principle that for the Corps HQ, for example with an Army HQ bonus = 50), should have a real HQ bonus = 37 (i.e. 50% of 75%).
Is it a bad idea?

sandman2575 -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (8/28/2012 1:54:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Is this a change from Warsaw to Paris? I could have sworn that Army cards had diminished effect if Corps was not in 100% power range...? Or has this only ever been true for effect of Corps HQ on attached units? (If so, i apologize for spreading misinformation! But i really thought this was the case ...)

Snowbart1943 -> RE: Radius of Higher Command (10/29/2016 3:36:01 AM)

Is this the jist of command radius of HQ's? Keep Divisions in range of their Corps HQs, but you don't have to keep the Corps HQ
in range of the Army HQ, and it inside OKH's range?

Is it also true that when playing Army level cards on Corps HQ's that it is best to have the Corps HQ in the Army's "green zone"?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI