RE: anyone played old boardgames? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

MineSweeper -> RE: anyone played old boardgames? (9/22/2012 11:58:24 PM)

How about AH's Jutland.....pretty sweet, needed a basement floor to play it. [:'(]

Rising-Sun -> RE: anyone played old boardgames? (10/25/2012 12:18:43 PM)

The boardgame i got from ebay (War in the Pacific 2nd Edition DG), wasnt happy with the combat rule systems, rather basic and too simply. So after i got the map laidout on the 4x8foot panel and wanted to mounted it on the wall, but will need sheet metals over it along with the map with protection. That way i can use magnet counters on the map.

Anyway i was doing some own custom engagement systems on how to carry out naval battles, etcs. Just downloaded this and seem pretty good rules for WWII naval engagement for tabletop games. It mostly like PnP from Dungeon and Dragon ideas.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/96516/WW2-All-at-Sea!-second-world-war-naval-wargame-rules-and-fleet-lists

I also had resources laid out on vary places for Japan player to import the resources to homeland, they are coals, iron ores, alloying ores, alluminum ores, raw materials, crude oils, woods, supplies, fuels, steels, alluminums, rubbers, lumbers and cements. Note some of these resouces required to be refined for example Ironworks will need coals, iron ores and alloying ores to make steels. Also be able to make buildings and in bases have limited spaces what they can lay down, almost like playing simcity when you lay down your plans.

Not sure when i get this done, but it would be interesting to play.

Rising

borner -> RE: anyone played old boardgames? (10/25/2012 3:00:31 PM)

isn't there a computer version of Jutland out there somewhere?

borner -> RE: anyone played old boardgames? (10/25/2012 3:02:17 PM)

The problem is for the good games like WiF, Longest day and some others, you need a pretty large room that you do not need for anything else and can keep the pets out of. Back in college an older friend had a "mother in laws" house in back and used that for WiF. it was ideal, but resources like that are rare indeed

Rising-Sun -> RE: anyone played old boardgames? (10/25/2012 3:26:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borner

The problem is for the good games like WiF, Longest day and some others, you need a pretty large room that you do not need for anything else and can keep the pets out of. Back in college an older friend had a "mother in laws" house in back and used that for WiF. it was ideal, but resources like that are rare indeed

Thats correct, only need some scrap books to keep track of notes, huge map as well rule books. Not very many good pc strategy games out there that cover all the aspects of the details to more realism itself. That why we have some teams out there rather play pnp on campaign and can be interesting to play if played right. We all see some good details in games or strategy games that have alittle of this and lack of this and mixed between many other games as well.

I been searching for good tactical simualtions to carry out naval engagements to air strike, just not enough details to add on to it. If the units is damage how you input that in. So better off playing pnp rulesets if you find all your stuffs you need and players that are interesting to play.

In my game model, it will allow the players to do whatever they wish, build anything and expand in any directions. Of course it take longer to play, but its worth. Only if they have time to play though.

captskillet -> RE: anyone played old boardgames? (10/25/2012 4:30:13 PM)

Lets not forget another monster by AH.............The Longest Day.....had that baby set on a pingpong table at my buddy's house and played it awhile till 'Godzilla' the cat wrecked havoc on Allies and Germans alike!!!!

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI