Changing the organization model (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

stonestriker -> Changing the organization model (12/9/2012 10:30:33 AM)

Playing as the Soviets, I have some spare tanks laying about after disbanding most of the independent tank brigades.

The most straightforward use of these would be to create a few tank corps, but currently I need more defensive units. Looking at the OOB of the motorized rifle division and the mechanized corps, I can see that, except for the tanks, they are mostly identical. So changing their organization model would give them a bit more of a punch. However I am unable to.

A motorized rifle division can be changed to rifle division, tank corps or cavalry corps, nut not a mechanized corps. Is it because it is to early (May 1942) or am I missing something else?

P.S.I can find no unit able to change into a mechanized corps, however an artillery group change into a tank corps, or a Sturmovik division [:)]

LiquidSky -> RE: Changing the organization model (12/9/2012 11:03:27 PM)

Its too early..you get Mech Corps in Sept or Oct. You will also get artillery divisions later...

I did look up the dates in the event code for Wallas, but forgot what I found...

Reconvet -> RE: Changing the organization model (12/10/2012 9:31:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky
I did look up the dates in the event code for Wallas, but forgot what I found...

I can help out, I saved this nice piece of intel. Belated thanks for digging it out by the way. [:)]

Build dates according to LiquidSky's findings (pre 1.05beta):

Russian Mech Corps: September, 1942.
Russian Separate Tank Battalions: October, 1942.
Russian Artillery Divisons: November, 1942.
Luftwaffe Field Divisions: December, 1942.
German Heavy Panzer Battalion: December, 1942.
Assault Gun Regiments (probably Russian) January, 1943.
Tank Corps: January, 1943 (adds an artillery unit to the corp)

stonestriker -> RE: Changing the organization model (12/10/2012 9:46:23 AM)

Thanks for the replies!

Guess I will just have to rely on the tank corps for now.

wallas -> RE: Changing the organization model (12/10/2012 4:54:26 PM)

Mech Corps become available to build around Sept 15 I forget the exact day but was mid to late september.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI