Kerch and Sevastopol Auto-repair (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support

The Red Baron -> Kerch and Sevastopol Auto-repair (12/19/2012 11:03:20 PM)

I'm playing Trappenjagd as the Axis vs AI on normal settings. First turn I reduce Kerch to only 84 structural points; Sevastopol to 0 strucutural points. I open the beginning of my second turn to discover Kerch has auto-repaired to 614, Sevastopol to 880. Since auto-recover only increases structural points by 200 per turn (350 for Sevastopol in 1.05b beta), what accounts for the dramatic difference (an extra 330 points for Kerch and 530 for Sevastopol)?

LiquidSky -> RE: Kerch and Sevastopol Auto-repair (12/20/2012 5:29:14 AM)

Sevastopol gets a bonus to its repair rate. It is supposed to get an extra 350 per turn (and only until the Germans take it). Kerch isn't supposed to get any extra.

It is possible that the AI gets a bonus on top of this, but as I never play the AI, I wouldn't know.

The Red Baron -> RE: Kerch and Sevastopol Auto-repair (12/21/2012 3:00:49 AM)

This sounds like a bug unless the AI enjoys some bonus not documented in the rules. v1.04 changed the Sevastopol auto repair from 250 to 350 points per turn, not 800+. It will be mighty hard to run the commissars out of supplies with a repair rate like that.

LiquidSky -> RE: Kerch and Sevastopol Auto-repair (12/21/2012 3:55:37 AM)

Actually, he changed the bonus from 250 to 350. It still gets it's 200 per turn, for a total of 550 per turn.

But I find that I have no need to actually bomb Sevastopol to prevent supplys from getting in. Instead, I just park the Luftwaffe in the Crimea and let the supply suppression at sea stop the supply from getting to the port.

I do bomb Kerch though, so that any new Russians that may show up in the port will lose readiness. I also bomb the mainland ports where the supply flows from.

Advantage or no, Kerch should not be growing from 84 to 614.

The Red Baron -> RE: Kerch and Sevastopol Auto-repair (12/21/2012 9:45:55 PM)

I didn't realize the 350 point bonus was in addition to the existing 200 auto-repair points per turn! Sevastopol will be a tough nut to crack if the presence of Soviet fighters negates my supply interdiction.

I agree the Kerch anomaly requires Vic's attention.

How much of the Axis AF do you place in the Crimea? I transferred all KGs to the Crimea and have 4 JGs stationed there to attrit any Soviet figters in the region. I parked the rest of the Luftwaffe around the Kharkov bulge to hammer Soviet armor. Do I need to move my StGs and SchGs to the Crimea as well?

Vic -> RE: Kerch and Sevastopol Auto-repair (12/24/2012 2:47:14 PM)

Hi guys,

I'll look into this when I return from x-mas holidays around new year. Though to be honest if it happens with Kerch (Sevastopol is indeed special) it should happen with other towns also.

Thanks anyway for keeping the reports on possible bugs arriving.

I think we are quite close to having crushed almost all now we are at v1.05b.

Best,
Vic

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI