RE: Status of TOAW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

PRUSSIAN TOM -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/27/2013 10:16:42 PM)

I thought somebody got paid.[&:] They maintain the forum, and have issued 4 updates (I think...were on 3.4). That's a lot of value for one game.

I would gladly pop 10 or 20 bucks for 3.5, and the same level of support we have. I'd go higher, but I don't have the money. (Retired=Unemployed)

BUT...I'd like to see the guys that do the real work get a wee bit...or an honorable mention. [&o][&o][&o]

I've been playing this longer than I can remember....way more that any game I ever owned, and it is still fun more fun than anything else I have...Including some other Matrix games that I really like..[:)]

BigDuke66 -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/27/2013 10:51:34 PM)

If the closed Beta reaches its final stage I would like to see an open beta before patch release, would have helped us with the last patch and I see other games also benefit from it.

golden delicious -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/27/2013 11:00:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

If the closed Beta reaches its final stage I would like to see an open beta before patch release, would have helped us with the last patch and I see other games also benefit from it.

The reality is that the whole TOAW community is on the small side for a true open beta. However that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a pause in development while the inevitable bugs are brought to light.

Lobster -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/28/2013 2:17:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

3.4 was out as an open beta before final release. The current bugs were not discovered.

Lobster -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/28/2013 2:21:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

I think the Slitherine might like to give some thought to charging for updates. The original TOAW III release was in 2006 and Ralph has been providing free updates for it for seven years now and each update was substantial. A paid-for update would not be unreasonable in my opinion.

I would not be adverse to forking out $10 for 3.5 as long as it didn't take another year to get it done. I would be most happy to pay $40 for a brand spanking new TOAW IV as long as it was a clear improvement over the current model. Some input from current players would be very important.

Falcon1 -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/28/2013 5:14:53 AM)

I've only owned this game less than a year and I surely would not appreciate having to shell out more cash to get the bugs fixed that were obviously well known at the time of the sale.

Silvanski -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/28/2013 5:54:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falcon1

I've only owned this game less than a year and I surely would not appreciate having to shell out more cash to get the bugs fixed that were obviously well known at the time of the sale.

TOAWIII updates have always been free of charge for registered users

shunwick -> RE: Status of TOAW (10/28/2013 12:31:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falcon1

TOAWIII updates have always been free of charge for registered users

Indeed.

And all the TOAW III upgrades have been much more than just bug fixes. 3.5 will be no different in this respect. Each upgrade has provided substantial new features.

Can we reasonably expect this to continue to be free indefinitely?

TOAW IV, or whatever it can legally be called, is probably the best way forward but I fear it is long way off.

Best wishes,
Steve

Jeff Norton -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/2/2013 12:22:07 AM)

And, updated his FB page- seems his current job postion was, um, eliminated - sad fact these days for many of my tech friends.

Could explain his seclusion.... Maybe he had warning?

PRUSSIAN TOM -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/2/2013 1:23:11 AM)

Speculation; but what (else) can a poor boy do? Join a Rock & Roll band![:'(] It would explain a lot. [X(]

Been there, done that, smoked the t-shirt.[:-]

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/2/2013 7:13:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Norton

And, updated his FB page- seems his current job postion was, um, eliminated - sad fact these days for many of my tech friends.

Could explain his seclusion.... Maybe he had warning?

He is still working, as self-employed, his own Ltd., that's according to Linked-in. Should invite him to our MD/VA/PA/WV TOAW III convention. I am heading over again, so this time you're ready, mate :) Will contact Steve, too.

Klink, Oberst

Jeff Norton -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/7/2013 12:12:22 AM)

When\Where you meeting this time?

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/7/2013 10:41:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Norton

When\Where you meeting this time?

Going to ask Steve; a place that's in the centre of all the places we dwell. I'll be near Martinsburg, WV.

Klink, Oberst

fogger -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/7/2013 10:48:23 AM)

My I ask what the "MD/VA/PA/WV TOAW III convention" is?

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/7/2013 1:32:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: fogger

2 years ago when I met sPzAbt653 (Steve) in person during my 3 months US visit we tried to get some others to meet us in MD. I am going to be again in the US over x-mas up until late February. I don't know where you are dwelling, but meeting near the MD/PA/WV seems to be a good idea, no? Perhaps even Gettysburg, PA or Sharpsburg, MD. Nice areas and the motels etc are not as expensive as in urbania near the beltway.

Klink, Oberst

P.S. How's your Kharkov '43 test going on?

shunwick -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/9/2013 7:29:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

Guys,

Do not lose faith.

Best wishes,
Steve

Told you so.

Best wishes,
Steve

fogger -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/11/2013 7:10:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

2 years ago when I met sPzAbt653 (Steve) in person during my 3 months US visit we tried to get some others to meet us in MD. I am going to be again in the US over x-mas up until late February. I don't know where you are dwelling, but meeting near the MD/PA/WV seems to be a good idea, no? Perhaps even Gettysburg, PA or Sharpsburg, MD. Nice areas and the motels etc are not as expensive as in urbania near the beltway.

Klink, Oberst

I am about 15,300 km's away and the flight duration time is approx 19hrs and 45 mins so I will only be able to drop in for a quick drink [;)]

Jeff Norton -> RE: Status of TOAW (11/12/2013 7:21:28 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

Klink, Oberst

I am about 15,300 km's away and the flight duration time is approx 19hrs and 45 mins so I will only be able to drop in for a quick drink [;)]

Heh - that's what teleporters are for [;)]

Templer_12 -> I am very interested (7/10/2014 10:28:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

In response to the many requests late last year, I just wanted to let you know that we are very interested in continuing to develop and improve TOAW, including the possibility of a TOAW IV in the future. We've been in contact with Ralph, who we would really like to be the developer going forward as he has been in the past. Ralph is going through some tough times and I think it will be some time before he is ready to start a new project or invest significant development time. Our preference is to give Ralph some time and hope that he will be available in the medium-term, but I know a lot of you are impatient for faster progress. Unfortunately I don't have better news right now than to say that whatever may come, it is not our intention to "retire" TOAW, it's our goal to continue and improve it.

We appreciate very much the work of all members of the TOAD team and the community in helping us improve TOAW to date and we're also interested in your feedback on where we should go with TOAW in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Sir,

I just want to let you know, that I am very interested in receiving a patched, improved, new set, new builded... TOAW and willing to pay for it!

Lobster -> RE: Status of TOAW (7/24/2014 6:38:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster
I would not be adverse to forking out $10 for 3.5 as long as it didn't take another year to get it done. I would be most happy to pay $40 for a brand spanking new TOAW IV as long as it was a clear improvement over the current model. Some input from current players would be very important.

Posted this last October. Getting close to a year now. I really thought we would have a new 3.something by now. LMAO

heyhellowhatsnew -> RE: Status of TOAW (7/24/2014 7:42:57 PM)

I would also pay to not only support the development of the game, but to also help out Norm. He made a great game and I know how it is to go through rough times in your life (I'm still coping with being diagnosed with MS on September myself), so I try to be as helpful as possible to people who are good people.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI