RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports

Isokron -> RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier (3/8/2013 10:57:22 AM)

As I remember it you left the easternmost square of Rostov weak after a failed counterattack so I was able to get the roadbridge there. Also I had the whole railline going south from Voronoshilovgrad(sp?) so supply wasn't a problem.

Bonners -> RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier (3/8/2013 11:32:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Isokron

As I remember it you left the easternmost square of Rostov weak after a failed counterattack so I was able to get the roadbridge there. Also I had the whole railline going south from Voronoshilovgrad(sp?) so supply wasn't a problem.

Ahh right, didnt realise you'd already sorted supply for them. Against a vaguely competent Soviet player you are going to struggle to do that though and the crossing would have to be made further along the river?

Bismarck2761 -> RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier (3/8/2013 5:08:07 PM)

On taking cities:

I've tried the following. Fire each artillery separately (each attack reduces entrenchment some) rather than together. Then do "waves" of combat (2-3 units at at time; for same reason re: readyness; entrenchment levels) and be willing to exceed stacking limit. This can work, albeit at terrifying cost.

Hugolin -> RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier (3/24/2013 9:38:41 PM)

Great AAR. Very informative. This is a rather complex game since not all mechanics are revealed, so it helps to read extensive AAR like this one to develop a feel for the units' capacities. Thanks!

About: "the bridge bombing bug" that Liquidsky mentioned, what is it?

Vic -> RE: Case Blue Don Waltz - Bonners (axis) vs Olivier (3/25/2013 1:47:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hugolin

About: "the bridge bombing bug" that Liquidsky mentioned, what is it?

It was a bug where destroying bridges by air attack was to easy, this is already fixed in the latest DC version though.

best,
Vic

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI