1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

Alchenar -> 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/24/2013 11:04:39 PM)

How on earth do you play the cards that get you new units (full units, not replacement troops) in the 1st Panzer Campaign? I've tried everything I can think of but I only get a red 'cannot play card' message with no hint as to what's wrong.

LiquidSky -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/25/2013 12:55:00 AM)

You hit play on the card you want. That brings up a sort of mini map. You need to find a city on a rail line that is in full supply. You can then click on that hex to place the unit.

If the card has a cost to it, ( I haven't played the 1st panzer campaign), then you will need enough political points to play it. In the other campaigns, that cost is usually zero for reinforcements.

currycook -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/26/2013 6:49:28 PM)

I had the same issue (see other thread on this)

I took the game off my computer, then put it back on and DID NOT patch it. If you are like me you purchased the game since the last update and then also put on the new patch. I also could not get new units in the 1st Panzer game. Things were suggested to me but nothing worked because there were no hexes, even friendly supplied cities, that would allow the card to be played in.

However, since I put the game on my computer WITHOUT putting the patch on it works fine. Well, at least for me that is what I did and it now works.

I am really glad I figured it out, love the 1st Panzer game within the game.

Bonners -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/26/2013 9:25:13 PM)

Just did a little test of this with the latest patch. Played through a couple of turns until I got 20pp to deploy a Romanian division and I couldnt do it. I've played through on previous patches with no problem.

[image]local://upfiles/42901/BD26229C5A164F7F80BC9D9B7EC83082.jpg[/image]

Alchenar -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/26/2013 10:57:41 PM)

Ok so the patch broke it (I bought the bundle so I've only played the latest version).

Can this thread get a move to the tech forum/signpost for the devs so this can get fixed?

Bonners -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/27/2013 8:23:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alchenar

Ok so the patch broke it (I bought the bundle so I've only played the latest version).

Can this thread get a move to the tech forum/signpost for the devs so this can get fixed?

It probably should be in the tech forum, but Vic checks these forums quite regularly anyway, so I'm sure he'll see it.

Vic -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/27/2013 8:50:02 AM)

Sorry guys. One line of wrong scripting code slipped through the public beta. :(

Anyway I already sent replacement files for fixing this issue to Matrix and for those who dont like to wait use these:

http://www.vrdesigns.nl/1stPanzerScenarios.zip

and overwrite the same-named scenarios in your games dccbscenarios/ directory.

Thanks for reporting this.

Keep in mind you need to restart the scenario with the new files in place in order for the fix to work.

Best,
Vic

Alchenar -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/27/2013 10:22:32 AM)

Thanks!

I'm surprised people didn't play 1st Panzer enough to pick up on this, it's a really fun series of scenarios that calculate the turn instantly and are a good learning process. I'd tell anyone buying the game to play through that campaign series first before trying a larger scenario.

wodin -> RE: 1st Panzer Army Campaign: How to get new units? (2/27/2013 5:11:58 PM)

Alchenar..as I've said many times now it's my favourite part of DC. I'd buy whole modules of campaigns\operations following 1 Army around.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI