How many hours a day do you play AE? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Footslogger -> How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 9:11:45 PM)

Is it similar to the depiction in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1BWPWEdlQ

[sm=sign0006.gif]

dr.hal -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 9:31:39 PM)

I didn't know George W. was smart enough to play on a computer! Wonders will never cease....

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

LoBaron -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:09:30 PM)

Actually, for me it was exactly as in this video. CIV IV with expansions and mod collections is one of the best games I have ever played.

One-more-turn! One-more-turn! One-... [sm=00000117.gif]

Gunnulf -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:17:55 PM)

Mmm, just counted up my emails send in last 24hours... 11 Pbem turns across 3 games, not bad for midweek tally. My wife is less than impressed with me right now though. I am sure I am just a medium level user too... :)

Sardaukar -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:27:43 PM)

I have done something like 15-20 2-day turns vs AI per day...and considering those are minimum 15-20 mins...

nashvillen -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:31:00 PM)

The most PBEM turns I have done is seven in one day. Did nothing else that day that was productive...

kaleun -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:37:00 PM)

four or five against one opponent, plus three against a second, and two against a third, that comes out to 9 or ten per day.

Chickenboy -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:43:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dr.hal

I didn't know George W. was smart enough to play on a computer! Wonders will never cease....

True. I wonder if Barrack Hussein Obama-the smartest guy in the room (any room will do) would deign to waste his time in such a manner. After all, he already knows it all.

Chickenboy -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:45:16 PM)

As for the OP: I think 4-5 turns a day would about wipe me out. I think I've reached this level like once or twice in the past forever.

wdolson -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 10:49:22 PM)

The game that killed Avalon Hill.

Bill

jeffk3510 -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 11:15:21 PM)

My eyes hurt way too much after work to do many turns TBH...I stare at a computer all day..

pws1225 -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/21/2013 11:27:06 PM)

You guys are breaking my heart! RL has had me tied up and haven't flipped a turn in over a year! Read a bunch of AARs, fiddled around against the AI, but nothing else. It's just not good for the system to be so irregular! [:'(]

bradfordkay -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 1:13:01 AM)

I spend from one to three hours on a single PBEM turn every night. Sometimes more... I'll walk away from it to do something else and then come back to take a fresh look at matters. That has prevented me from making some rash mistakes, I think. Of course, I could just be fooling myself...

Numdydar -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 1:49:37 AM)

Wow [X(] and I thought I was playing a lot lol. I am doing about 10 turns per WEEK [:(] So you people really are putting me in my place [sm=sign0063.gif]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 1:57:44 AM)

Santa Maria!

Some of you guys would have to be hooked up to a condom cather and have a tanning booth brought in to get your vitamin D!

wdolson -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 2:25:43 AM)

You know your playing too much WitP if this is one of your setups:

http://dimplify.com/post/113
http://www.dorkly.com/picture/40652/the-ultimate-gaming-setup

Bill

n01487477 -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 3:06:55 AM)

One turn a day is what I'm averaging right now. The turn takes from 1-2 hrs as the Japanese. I've played max of about 3 turns/day with nemo121 but that was a stretch. Most of my time though seems to be devoted to tracker development, testing and reading the forum.

I waste too much of my day being here and maybe need a 10 step program.

JeffroK -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 4:13:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

I have done something like 15-20 2-day turns vs AI per day...and considering those are minimum 15-20 mins...

I was once like this, but i saw the light!!!!!
[&o][&o][&o]
I try for a week of 1 day turns max, and have days of GG's Bombing the Reich or hit the Kindle to break it up.

Many moons back it would be boardgaming till the early hours but I've grown up, well I've grown old at least!

HansBolter -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 12:59:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

This sounds like a typical Saturday for rme.

Otherwise I'm limited to about 3-4 hours a night after work.

castor troy -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 1:16:08 PM)

only averaging two turns a dayin my ongoing PBEM as I don't get more from my opponent. Preferre to have only one PBEM going at a time to be able to fully concentrate on that single one. Perfect for me would be 25 turns a week which is what I usually aim for.

Guess I'm in need for a potent Japanese opponent in a couple of months again, any takers? [:D]

Schanilec -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 2:03:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

You know your playing too much WitP if this is one of your setups:

http://dimplify.com/post/113
http://www.dorkly.com/picture/40652/the-ultimate-gaming-setup

Bill

[:D][:D]

Canoerebel -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 2:03:41 PM)

I have three answers to this question:

1.  Too many
2.  Not enough
3.  I play as many hours as my opponent sends turns.  Everything else takes second fiddle, with some very rare exceptions.  Most days I play perhaps two hours.  Occasionally, as with a couple of intense days against Miller, we churned out six or seven turns and probably each spent 10 hours playing.

leehunt27@bloomberg.net -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 3:29:42 PM)

wish i could play more, but faced with the paradoxical dilemma: to play more AE, i need to retire. To retire, I need to work harder, which means less AE. trying to find a happy balance :)

Chickenboy -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 3:35:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: leehunt27@bloomberg.net

wish i could play more, but faced with the paradoxical dilemma: to play more AE, i need to retire. To retire, I need to work harder, which means less AE. trying to find a happy balance :)

Too bad you won't find it! [;)]

I put in 1-2 hours / day myself. Double that if you factor in being a forum rat.

Sardaukar -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 4:24:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

1.  Too many
2.  Not enough

That is perfect answer.

dcpollay -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 5:46:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I spend from one to three hours on a single PBEM turn every night. Sometimes more... I'll walk away from it to do something else and then come back to take a fresh look at matters. That has prevented me from making some rash mistakes, I think. Of course, I could just be fooling myself...

I'm with bradfordkay. Playing out 1 turn + planning the next turn takes 2-3 hours, and I'm in an AI game. I can't imagine running through in 15-20 minutes. Do people not even watch the Combat Reports? That alone can take an hour or more, and I don't watch the air-to-air combat. I don't see any point in playing if I can't watch my carefully laid plans fall apart. [:)]

All told, I probably average 5 one-day turns per week.

Canoerebel -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 6:14:35 PM)

Once I get into the flow of a game and have things up and running right, there are plenty of turns that I flip back to my opponent in 30 minutes, including watching the replay.  Of course, there are also plenty of turns that take hours of careful handling.

Speedysteve -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 7:38:19 PM)

I'd say I play between 2-4 hours. It does depend though. Some days none due to work and RL commitments. Others can be 5-6 hours if its a free day and the wife is out/busy!

towers58 -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 8:04:54 PM)

2-4 hours during the week and a good weekend (meaning no wife interference) I could get 10-16 on a Saturday.

obvert -> RE: How many hours a day do you play AE? (3/22/2013 8:36:42 PM)

Man, I feel deprived. Many of you gentlemen get in a lot more time at this than I do.

I'd say with my two games going I'd average 2-3 turns a day at 40 minutes per turn, so max two hours? More on the weekends if possible.

Of course I am able to cruise the forums during the day, which add sot total game involved time I guess.

And if you add in the hours I think about the game, well ... don't tell my girlfriend.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI