(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR

Kaakao -> (1/25/2003 8:11:02 PM)

Soviet defence line destroyed in a small section and moving on. T35 and Su-12 go boom with some infantry. Spotted some more infantry rushing down but they'll be taken care of. Lost a mg-squad while scouting, my response to that is coming attached to 105mm shells :cool:

Still I have problems getting my men to rafts, no can do. Have tried but no, same problem is with my Barges (Yes, I have them if you didn't know yet :)). I have few barge carriers, with their barge still loaded and can't unload them. Even when there were two carriers in the same hex, the first one unloaded nicely but the second one somewhy can't unload, have tried it for 5 turns so it sure has movement left. Some ideas ?

DerC -> German turn 11 east (1/25/2003 8:53:45 PM)

Heavy fighting all along the front at the bridgehead. Our troops are relentlessly trying to reach the first block of houses there. Not too much success to date.. One unlucky fusilier squad even discovered two infantry squads, a HMG and an infantry gun. And they all even fired at the squad. Even with artillery barrages we seem to be having a hard time flushing the russians out. :mad:

The enemy's artillery seems to be getting back on-line even after losing several mortars and a ammo depot due to Luftwaffe strikes. Even the Katyushas are back.

Funny though, I was just thinking of attaching some greetings to 105mm shells too. I hope the delivery works out fine :p ;)
Meanwhile, I'll stick to attaching the zip to the email to Scharf.

M4Jess -> (1/25/2003 9:24:19 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaakao
[B]Soviet defence line destroyed in a small section and moving on. T35 and Su-12 go boom with some infantry. Spotted some more infantry rushing down but they'll be taken care of. Lost a mg-squad while scouting, my response to that is coming attached to 105mm shells :cool:

Still I have problems getting my men to rafts, no can do. Have tried but no, same problem is with my Barges (Yes, I have them if you didn't know yet :)). I have few barge carriers, with their barge still loaded and can't unload them. Even when there were two carriers in the same hex, the first one unloaded nicely but the second one somewhy can't unload, have tried it for 5 turns so it sure has movement left. Some ideas ? [/B][/QUOTE]

I will check it out...:confused:

Capt. Pixel -> (1/27/2003 5:52:11 AM)

[B]... Still I have problems getting my men to rafts, no can do. Have tried but no, same problem is with my Barges (Yes, I have them if you didn't know yet :)). I have few barge carriers, with their barge still loaded and can't unload them. Even when there were two carriers in the same hex, the first one unloaded nicely but the second one somewhy can't unload, have tried it for 5 turns so it sure has movement left. Some ideas ? [/B][/QUOTE]

Is this a show stopper, guys? If we can't proceed due to technical difficulties..... :(

Maybe if I sent my turn to M4 instead of kaakao, he could take a look at the problem directly?

M4Jess -> (1/27/2003 5:59:27 AM)

yes..send it over pls...
and I need both passwords..

M4Jess -> (1/27/2003 6:15:02 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by M4 Jess
[B]yes..send it over pls...
and I need both passwords.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wait a sec...

I just played 5 turns as both sides and you are correct...but I found that when I lost a raft..or landed a raft I could then load the same amount of lost/landed rafts??:confused:

so its really up to the Germans...If I was them...I would..

I dont get it

Jess:(

Scharfschütze -> 10/Sov/West (1/27/2003 6:31:38 PM)

Our partisans meet the enemy breakthrough with concentrated small arms fire.

Which is mightily effective against armoured targets:rolleyes:

With the T-35s and SU-12s all but useless and mostly aflame, we slowly retreat through the ruins, and hope to kill many more of the enemy with our mortars.

Kaakao -> (1/27/2003 7:23:51 PM)

Very strange indeed. I was thinking about something like that but never could have imagined it would be so.

It's really painfull to our operations as we can't do any large scale attack by rafts, it would one unit at a time and this would be easily countered by Scharf and Capt. P.

What to do next ?

DerC -> (1/29/2003 4:26:56 AM)

I agree it's a pain, and has already delayed us a lot. For the last few turns I've had the same rafting problem with units still remaining at the other side of the river. I can maybe load one squad and the others just won't do anything.

Has it been determined if this is a bug in the scen, H2H or SPWaW itself?

Anyways, I'm open to suggestions on how to go on from here.

Scharfschütze -> (1/29/2003 5:47:34 AM)

My guess is that this has to do something with max. number of units and formations. I do hope this can be resolved somehow.

Otherwise, I feel another Stalingrad in the making...:confused:

M4Jess -> (1/29/2003 6:52:38 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scharfschütze
[B]My guess is that this has to do something with max. number of units and formations. I do hope this can be resolved somehow.

Otherwise, I feel another Stalingrad in the making...:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

I think that is it...Max formations...dang...thats all I can think of...

at this point all I can think of is a re-design..I feel like chit guys..

:( :( :(

I admit I edited the scen from my camp and never play tested it....

I really sorry...but without the river assault..the Germans are done..

Do you want a re-fix? or another battle...you name you got it! or do you just want to kick my arse!:eek:

I really do feel bad about this...

Jess

Kaakao -> (1/29/2003 10:48:37 PM)

So it was something bad then but no worries.

I don't mind about waiting for a re-design / new scen because I'm sure it's worth it :)

What do others think ?

Scharfschütze -> (1/29/2003 11:00:33 PM)

I volunteer my T-35s to make room for something, anything useful! ;)

DerC -> (1/30/2003 2:52:50 AM)

I agree, take your time with the redesign. It would be nice to try this with the corrections, I had lots of fun with the scen even now. :D

Capt. Pixel -> (1/30/2003 2:55:27 AM)

I agree, a fine scenario. What could you do about the max formations limit, tho'?

I'll go again with a redesigned scenario, too. :D

M4Jess -> I will fix the scen... (1/30/2003 8:52:46 AM)

very soon!

Question...

7.1 will NOT show the other players postions during air-attacks

7.1?

or

H2H ?

Jess

Kaakao -> (1/31/2003 12:39:00 AM)

Well I think that H2H plays nicer but again both are fine. You could also take the planes away but then maybe adding more arty to Germans and / or taking it away from the Russians :)

Scharfschütze -> (1/31/2003 7:45:36 PM)

Nono, we need thos mortars!

Fighting with those conscripts was bad enough. Their lack of grenades (a H2H specialty) made them absolutely powerless to resist. They were only useful for spotting and getting shot to pieces. I´d like to have an exchange rate of at least 20:1, that is bad enough. In the rubble and with their low exp, they can only do any damage with grenades. Which they didn´t carry.... :(

M4Jess -> (1/31/2003 8:07:01 PM)

H2H fix almost complete..;)

DerC -> (1/31/2003 9:09:37 PM)

The best solution would maybe be to take away the airplanes and removing some mortars or other arty from the russians. This ought to help with the max formations limit too. I think H2H is better suited for this one too. Just my opinions, I'll be glad to play it as long as it's well balanced. :)

Scharfschütze -> (1/31/2003 9:31:52 PM)

I once again volunteer all my conscripts, partisans, SU-12s and T-35s!
:p

Kaakao -> (2/1/2003 5:33:38 AM)

I still think that removing those nasty 107mm mortars would be nice. Howcome russians seem to fire them forever if their nearly beaten and out of supply as it states in the scen briefing :)

M4Jess -> (2/1/2003 5:35:47 AM)

Just wait and see guys I think both sides will be happy:D

Capt. Pixel -> (2/2/2003 4:28:56 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scharfschütze
[B]I once again volunteer all my conscripts, partisans, SU-12s and T-35s!
:p [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh Scharf, that'd leave us with nothing but a bunch of bunkers that have been cleverly placed to cover the backsides of buildings and across narrow alleyways (in other words, no useful fields of fire. :rolleyes: )

Anyway, I was having fun with the Lubyanka prisoners (partisans) It takes real guts to charge an armed squad with nothing but boat oars and garden shovels. :D

Capt. Pixel -> (2/2/2003 4:36:02 AM)

[B]I still think that removing those nasty 107mm mortars would be nice. Howcome russians seem to fire them forever if their nearly beaten and out of supply as it states in the scen briefing :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I think this feature (out of ammo and nearly beaten) is already included in the H2H mod. :rolleyes: Even with readily available ammo, we could barely keep a steady mortar barrage going.

Regular loss of radio contact and increased ROF changed the artillery formula considerably. I'd noted how I had to reduce the Katysha's barrages by plot delay and turning off individual tubes in an effort to prolong their barrage capabilities. That's some pretty in-depth micro-management. (Actually, it's quite a challenge, and I was getting a kick out of it. ;) )

Still, I look forward to whatever M4 "Master of Scenariomonies" comes up with. :D :D

M4Jess -> Scen Posted on the scenario page (2/2/2003 7:09:25 AM)

No player should look at the scen in the editor!!!! or play it outside this PBEM battle! there will be time for that later.
Enjoy the battle boys!

you also might want to start a new thread...

H2H PBEM Scenario*
Moscow 1941*
designed for 4 player PBEM*
Most of the Great city is already in German hands.*
Germans:
The Prize is at hand! Take the Krimlin!*
You have 2 River Assault groups and support units to aid you in the conquest of Moscow!*
Russians:
For Mother Russia you will never let the Germans take the Krimlin!*
All people of Russia, from old women and jailed convicts, from rifle squads to the monster T-35 and KV tanks, from Olga Mortar girls to the mighty Katysha's.*
There is only death ahead for us all! Let us make the death the Germans not our own!
M4 Jess

DerC -> (2/2/2003 8:28:24 PM)

All right, I'm ready to go. Will we be starting a new thread since this one has got a bit carried away?

Hals- und Beinbruch! :p ;)

Kaakao -> (2/2/2003 10:04:29 PM)

Downloaded the scen and set the German pw. Scharf has the files.

Scharfschütze -> (2/2/2003 10:20:06 PM)

Set the pw and returned the files.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI