build a new unit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue

jnpoint -> build a new unit (6/22/2013 4:25:50 PM)

When I build a new unit, how long time will it then take for it to get full strength? It seems to take long time.

cromlechi -> RE: build a new unit (6/22/2013 5:24:51 PM)

Switching the unit to 'priority' for supply and switching other units to 50 % might help. Although I'm no expert only recently discovered the game, but think it's great.

jnpoint -> RE: build a new unit (6/22/2013 7:34:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cromlechi

Switching the unit to 'priority' for supply and switching other units to 50 % might help.

Yes of course why didn't I think of that.

freeboy -> RE: build a new unit (6/22/2013 10:33:05 PM)

There is replacements and supply.. so setting these levels, also look at the troops in the top HQ, if you are building a SS Division and no ss troops are there it will be a long long wait...

Hugolin -> RE: build a new unit (6/24/2013 4:28:54 AM)

Unlike other games, the replacement rate is rather low. Except in some situations (e.g. Romanian Engineer in the CB scenario, etc.) it's not really the goal to create a unit and expect to see it full in a few turns. The economics of the game are secondary.

Also keep in mind that creating a new unit will (can) prevent existing units from receiving replacement...

freeboy -> RE: build a new unit (6/25/2013 12:02:05 AM)

If you have "cards", you can play them, an example would be adding SS infantry to the pool while building new ss units ..... One game I added two ss infantry, mobile, and upgraded an existing Heer inf div to mobile ... also assigned them to a builder hq, not front line with a general with a promotions card.. wait a few turns and promote and repeat and soon you have at least a regular division from a green starter...
One must decide if you want to resurrect infantry and tank units that are destroyed.. some I do as they are already part of a force structure. One other use for adding re constituted destroyed units is in partisan control, they are particularly good and do not need to be full strength..

Khanti -> RE: build a new unit (10/1/2013 9:14:22 AM)

A little late but I'd like to report my tests.
I did a test someday with building new unit in DSCB. It's easy with Soviets as they have higher replacement rates (equivalent of rifle division a day). Create empty rifle division, set all army replacement level to 25% (easy one click at Stavka), put your new unit at RPL=100% (prioritize) and ... wait.
Even if Stavka is full of troops it will be sending 10% of your units strength as replacement a day. So no way of building a fresh division over night.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI