RE: Soviet Airborne Operations; HELP!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Soviet Airborne Operations; HELP!!!! (11/8/2013 5:29:20 AM)

Easiest way to prevent/allow early para-drops is; an option in the main menu; I suggest again to penalise para-drops with a high AP cost, perhaps gradually lower as the war progresses.

Klink, Oberst

Bozo_the_Clown -> RE: Soviet Airborne Operations; HELP!!!! (11/8/2013 6:47:11 PM)

quote:

Easiest way to prevent/allow early para-drops is; an option in the main menu; I suggest again to penalise para-drops with a high AP cost, perhaps gradually lower as the war progresses.

Why don't you post this under "Game Suggestions?" This thread was created by lastkozak because he wanted some help regarding Soviet airborne operations. I understand that many people dislike the use of airborne in 41 or in general. But this is just not the right place.

lastkozak -> RE: Soviet Airborne Operations; HELP!!!! (11/15/2013 9:35:37 PM)

Historically the Soviets used Airborne in their 1941 counter offensive, thus I believe it is reasonable to use Airborne on the Eastern Front.

The soviets used them to harass supply lines behind German lines, while they drove them from Moscow. The Germans did not sue Airdrops on the eastern front, they could have but chose not to.

Airborne are not good fro creating bridge heads, but are good in combined operations, or specific assaults and objectives. That is why they were successful in Belgium, but Crete was a different situation. But once the Troops started rolling in on the airfields, Crete was toast. However the Air Units took massive casualties as a result.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI