Reinforcements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

TigerFan -> Reinforcements (1/15/2003 8:10:46 PM)

Is there a way to check to see when (what turn) reinforcements, if any, are scheduled to appear in the current scenario? I saw in the manual how to add them when you are creating a scenario, but I didn't see a way of checking during game play.
TIA,
TigerFan

Jim1954 -> (1/15/2003 8:21:07 PM)

Well, if you are talking about reinforcements that the designer has already programmed it, just look at your unit roster and to the right of the unit name it will say what turn and what entry point they will come in at. If you mean YOU called for reinforcements during the battle, I think that is somewhat of a random event and I don't know that you can find out exactly when they do come in.

:)

Gary Tatro -> It is the same for both (1/15/2003 8:37:46 PM)

Just look in the unit roster. On the turn you request reinforcements you will see a sigh "infiltrating" next to your requested reinforcements. On the next turn go back into the unit roster screen and it will tell you next to the units you requested when the reinforcements will occur.

Jim1954 -> (1/15/2003 8:53:14 PM)

Thank you Gary, I guess I need to call up reinforcements more often. If I ever finish the MC's , that is.

Gary Tatro -> Jim (1/15/2003 9:02:51 PM)

I am still stumbling through LV- I keep getting upset when it crashes to the Desktop or when it scores wrong then put it away for a month. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Then a month latter think. You know it really was not that bad and start to play it again until the same thing happens again. I play PBEM in the between.

Jim1954 -> (1/15/2003 9:09:13 PM)

I too am stumbling, around Kiev at the moment. I don't ever have time to finish a battle in one sitting so I just don't worry too much about how it scores. Maybe I should I seem to get so many draws and I'm not THAT bad of a commander. When I get weary of that one, I'll go to the desert or the jungle. One day I may feel brave enough to risk PBEM embarrasment, but not just yet.

TigerFan -> (1/15/2003 10:38:32 PM)

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help...:)

rbrunsman -> (1/16/2003 12:50:12 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim1954
[B]One day I may feel brave enough to risk PBEM embarrasment, but not just yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

Jim, if you are any good against the AI you will be good enough to have a good PBEM battle. I stayed away from PBEM because I didn't want to be slaughtered either, but it is really no big deal as long as you know your units' capabilities. Give PBEM a try. But I warn you, it will be hard to find time for MCs once you get hooked. That's what happened to me. I only play MC-LV now when I don't have a PBEM turn in my inbox.:)

Jim1954 -> (1/16/2003 12:56:51 AM)

That is also a great fear. I feel like I need to retire now just to have sufficient time to play what I've got onhand now. All I need is another addictive vice, but once it gets in your blood.......

:D

( There are times when I wished I lived up North and could at least plead, the snow's too deep and it's too cold outside, I might as well just go play).. fat chance down here in the sunbelt!!!

Capt. Pixel -> (1/16/2003 2:32:21 AM)

I've found that you'll see that 'Infiltrating' note on unit status every turn until you save and leave the game. When you reopen the saved game, the status will update and display the arrival turn and entry point. (The entry point is those little flags at the map edge - there are 5, one Retreat hex and Reinforcement hexes #1 thru #4)

This happens immediately in PBEM, because, of course, you have to save the game at the end of your turn before sending it your opponent. :cool:

Redleg -> (1/16/2003 3:44:34 AM)

I think a lot of players will be understanding of persons wanting to start pbem. Try for a battle that you feel most comfortable with and post a proposal. Be sure to tell the prospective opponents that you are new to pbem.

Once the balloon goes up, most players will attempt to utterly destroy your force but if you do not try anything too radical, I would expect a reasonable outcome on the first try.

Besides, there is an F9 key which keeps one from having to suffer a long while in a hopeless situation. Jump in! It is the highest form of SPWAW play.

Jim1954 -> (1/16/2003 3:49:55 AM)

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Those (and the top secret PBEM editor I got from Gmenf... oops ) will hopefully get me through my first attempt.
lol

:D

rbrunsman -> (1/16/2003 4:59:06 AM)

PBEM is an evil thing! I just went home for lunch to start a turn. I need an intervention. :)

I just wish the reinforcement's arrival turn wouldn't overwrite on top of the speed of the unit. Sometimes it is hard to sort out.

Belisarius -> (1/16/2003 11:57:22 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]Jim, if you are any good against the AI you will be good enough to have a good PBEM battle. I stayed away from PBEM because I didn't want to be slaughtered either, but it is really no big deal as long as you know your units' capabilities. Give PBEM a try. But I warn you, it will be hard to find time for MCs once you get hooked. That's what happened to me. I only play MC-LV now when I don't have a PBEM turn in my inbox.:) [/B][/QUOTE]

ROFL!! You too, rb? :D

I swear, that could just as well have been my post! To the word! ;) :D

rbrunsman -> (1/17/2003 2:11:08 AM)

Bel, since I see you are playing VikingNo2 now, I know you always have a turn in your inbox and no time for MCs. That guy can crank out the turns. I don't know how he does it! And, with well planned moves.

Capt. Pixel -> (1/17/2003 10:27:47 AM)

Jim1954,

If there was one thing I could warn you against in your first human opponent game, is to try to forget everything you found predictable from the AI. You probably won't be able to capitalize on:

1) Armor units continuing to run into a fire sack, even though there are ten dead vehicles there already.

2) Infantry piling up one on top of the other until you can't count them all in one hex.

3) Any unit staying supressed nearly as long as the AI leaves them. That one's important. They come awake a lot faster than you'd expect.

4) The AI running [I]every[/I] unit towards the VHs. Then suddenly making a right turn to respond when you manage to recapture one VH.

5) The AIs forces avoiding a 5 hex zone along the map edge. These areas are actually prime real estate for human players. Watch your flanks.

(Of course, some players do play that way, but most don't. :rolleyes: )

I'd also suggest the scenario "A Meeting of Devils", as a good 'Get Your Feet Wet' game. It's very small. About one company on each side (UK vs GE). It plays well from either side, and it's very replayable because of the initial deployment method (paradrops on both sides)

Good luck to you, Jim :D:cool:

Gary Tatro -> Actuall Jim (1/17/2003 8:35:16 PM)

I suggest playing VikingNo2, Rbrunsman or me in your first game. If you don't go into shock, all other games after that will seem ok. :) :) :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI