RE: Games that let you down (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Terminus -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 12:00:54 AM)

That's mature.

parusski -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 12:09:11 AM)

AHAHA, even my wife laughed at the "so prolly just pent up anger about losing every game". Ahhhhh.

quote:

ORIGINAL: t001001001

quote:

Or maybe rather you should work on basics of human interaction? Because for a "social person" you're shockingly inept at it.

She says she plays vs males, so prolly just pent up anger about losing every game [8D]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 1:23:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DSWargamer

You won't need to ignore, I'm taking the advice, and leaving.

Promise ? I sure hope so, don't look back. BUH BYE !

Gilmer -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 1:47:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boomer78

Why does everyone throw in the towel so fast? I enjoy arguing, dammit! Doesn't really work when I have to do that all by myself too!

Because arguements generally lead to name calling and name calling generally leads to people taking sides and people generally taking sides generally leads to more name calling and then somebody gets banned anyway. You twerp! lol

And arguments lead to more arguments, and name calling leads to more name calling...and that leads to fighting and fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now! Busted up, and everyone talking about World in Flames taking another 2 years to go gold! But we've learned, by the dust of them all... Matrix Forums learned. Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here! And it finishes here! Two men enter; one man leaves.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 4:09:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

Why does everyone throw in the towel so fast? I enjoy arguing, dammit! Doesn't really work when I have to do that all by myself too!

Because arguements generally lead to name calling and name calling generally leads to people taking sides and people generally taking sides generally leads to more name calling and then somebody gets banned anyway. You twerp! lol

And arguments lead to more arguments, and name calling leads to more name calling...and that leads to fighting and fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now! Busted up, and everyone talking about World in Flames taking another 2 years to go gold! But we've learned, by the dust of them all... Matrix Forums learned. Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here! And it finishes here! Two men enter; one man leaves.

This isn't ThunderDome. lol

Boomer78 -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 5:40:55 AM)

No, this is Barter Town. And we all know who runs Barter Town.

aaatoysandmore -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 10:23:51 AM)

quote:

No, this is Barter Town. And we all know who runs Barter Town.

The pigs?

Boomer78 -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 11:04:46 AM)

LOL! No! Come on... don't make me say it... someone will.

Who run Barter Town?! [:'(]

Darkspire -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 11:40:22 AM)

Master Blaster runs Bartertown!

[image]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/Necrospire/masterblaster1_zps5943a1f3.jpg[/image]

Boomer78 -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 12:11:55 PM)

[sm=happy0065.gif]

DerTroof -> RE: Games that let you down (10/1/2013 3:03:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: DerTroof

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Oh, Unity of Command. How hard did that suck?

Wow that's harsh. [:D] I wouldn't say it sucked, there's a lot I liked about the game, like the emphasis on logistics, the way theatre assets are handled abstractly (unlike, say, the miracle hovering planes in Panzer Corps), and I thought the map and documentation were very well done. But the puzzle-styled scenarios seem designed to appeal to non-wargamers, so the system's wasted, imo. There's a heckuva game in there somewhere.

The last two sentences in your post is why it sucked. That and the brain-dead AI.

"Oh look, there's an open hex there! Instead of using our T-34 to defend against the advancing German panzers, let's go driving through into their rear area until we run out of fuel and ammunition! Wheeeeee!"

It's Mario Kart.

Yup, and for the same reason it's a lousy "intro" for non-wargamers, because it encourages tactics that would be disastrous in anything approaching an actual simulation.

Would still be willing to give it another try if the system was adapted to a longer campaign/scenario where snatching the prize before time runs out isn't the goal. Oh well.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI