RE: First Impressions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [[Fantasy]] >> Fantasy Kommander – Eukarion Wars

ComradeP -> RE: First Impressions (10/26/2013 10:53:58 AM)

OK, after a few days of not playing the game, I finished it. The final battle was a bit of an anticlimax. Without spoiling too much, if you just Freeze the ultimate bad guy or dragons, killing them becomes really easy. Magic resistance or immunities of some sort would help the stronger enemy units a lot.

The flash engine also suffered from pretty serious slowdowns when multiple area of effect spells were active, which was particularly visible in the Forest of the Death mission with all the altars casting Poison Cloud each turn.

When facing Khudruz (?), I couldn't get close to the secondary objective as he moved right into my line of units, so I more or less had to kill him to prevent him from killing some of my weaker units.

The final campaign felt a bit too methodical: kill supporting units, gank the dragon/ultimate bad guy with everything (with Endhor, this becomes easier as you can Curse them), restart if the enemy gets a critical on one of your units or a hero, repeat. The final battles would've been quite a bit more difficult without Endhor though, because the player's heroes have low HP (when you've upgraded attack) compared to enemy units and heroes and no other friendly unit can cast mass heal unless you have clerics (I prefer the Elven magic user due to the buffs she can give).

Oddity: in the final mission, even if you capture the two Chaos Circles, the secondary objective is not noted as being achieved (possibly only after moving units off of the circles after capturing them).

ecc83tad -> RE: First Impressions (8/13/2014 4:09:36 PM)

Very good game! i liked it too much![:)], for be perfect only i could add a scrolling with the mouse, the system with arrows works ok but in the turn`s beginning you must use the keyboard,...i had a lot of fun with this game, i played 2 times full because only if you win epic victorys...could play extra scenarios, tactically is very complex but it is easy to play (if you compare it with pc boardīs wargames) like the SSI series games, tactically and strategically is superior to this SSI games because the terrain factor...is more important, the face of the units is a decisive factor, the good use of the magic too has a important role, you can admin the upgrade points of your units(like a role game), the different objetives in each mission do it very fun,...really an awesome game with thounsand of new great ideas in this genre...where only existed the SSI games(and now the great Panzer Corps series, Drums of war, and this game Eukarion Wars), continue with the good work please!,...and...if somebody know another game in this style with this quality....please...say me it that i`ll buy it ;-)

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI