Red Storm Map Rework... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios

NickGen -> Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 12:04:20 AM)

Hi to all ...
I'm reworking the existing maps of this Great game in a totally different style ....
Here are some screenshots of the first Map available:

This is the map "Red Storm Fulda Gap" for this first trial .....

[image]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7100/b754.jpg[/image]

this is the map "CA 1 Red Storm"
[image]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1417/57uj.jpg[/image]

Two map availables to download:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/z4cceqh9yq7c1/RedStorm_Maps

Fred

NickGen -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 12:06:20 AM)

one more screenshot:

[image]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/390/7gzi.jpg[/image]

wodin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 12:44:37 AM)

Really like it..but I still think for each elevation you should make the pale highlight abit darker than the previous one..at the moment as it's as pale as the previous land colour it makes it hard to deterimne the height level..I'd make that outline darker for each level.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Love the City\town, fields and forests..

MikeAP -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 1:08:52 AM)

Holy CRAP!!!!![X(]

Nick, those look amazing. Would you be so kind as to share some tips or maybe even you template. In using Photoshop, but everything I produce looks horrible in comparison.

Richard III -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 1:13:02 AM)

Thank you for the great new maps ! I agree with Wodin, more delineation in the map contour elevations would be helpful for us old guys.

budd -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 1:26:48 AM)

Nice............downloaded and installed.....Thx for your work.

deadsunwheel -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 2:05:13 AM)

Beautiful work. Reminds me of the best Battletech maps and I mean that as a compliment. Download underway.

IronManBeta -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 3:02:25 AM)

You da man! Very nice indeed.

NickGen -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 7:14:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Really like it..but I still think for each elevation you should make the pale highlight abit darker than the previous one..at the moment as it's as pale as the previous land colour it makes it hard to deterimne the height level..I'd make that outline darker for each level.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Love the City\town, fields and forests..

Yes, I think I can do a little darker each elevation .... I will post soon a map update .....

NickGen -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 7:17:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MikeAP

Holy CRAP!!!!![X(]

Nick, those look amazing. Would you be so kind as to share some tips or maybe even you template. In using Photoshop, but everything I produce looks horrible in comparison.

I can possibly post the photoshop file, but it is a very large file....
and I have to think about the posibility to make it public or not ....
Who knows .... if Matrix Games offered me to buy all my maps lol .... .....

MikeGER -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 8:00:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard III

Thank you for the great new maps ! I agree with Wodin, more delineation in the map contour elevations would be helpful for us old guys.

+1
wonderful artistic improvement [&o] ...i have some difficulty to see the different elevations

wodin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 8:11:47 AM)

It reminds me abit of GD42 map esp the elevation style..and I love the GD42 map..love it.

NickGen -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 8:56:35 AM)

I have updated the download link with a new version of the map( more marked elevations )

Nick

Lffvet2 -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 12:17:07 PM)

Nick,

Superb job on the maps. I will definitely be downloading these. Hopefully the guys at Matrix will also look into them. The whole gaming experience with the new map in enhanced massively.

Plodder -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 12:40:58 PM)

That is one sexy map. Great job![&o]

Hexagon -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 2:01:45 PM)

GREAT MOD!!! thanks a lot, with this i can have eyes on my retirement [:D]

Where i can sacrifice virgins in your honor Nick69??? [&o]

EDIT: talking about elevation... is possible a submod where we can see them with a hex border??? i remember see in the forum an image of this... your mod offer a artistic way to see elevations but sometimes is hard notice them... i think that you can use diferent borders to diference elevations for example but apart this great job.

jubriqueno -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 2:50:10 PM)

+1 Impressive job...

wodin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 3:32:05 PM)

Good god Nick thats a work of art my friend.

I thought the game would have used some sort of symbol set that was all linked to a Terrain effect mechanic..so you just had to alter the symbol set and all the maps would then use the new symbols..is this not the case?

trebcourie -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 3:49:09 PM)

Nice job.

MikeGER -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 4:15:26 PM)

THX ! for the elevations enhancement[:)]

there is only one minor thing that distract me (and maybe just me with my odd eyes)

the water bodys looks like they were sitting above the plain, as a 3d-object, not sunken/carved into... it looks like a trace of a paste, or thick oilpaint on top of a painting ...but i have realy no idea how this visual trick happens or how to change it... maybe its the shadow casting...

Does anboydy else see it?

wodin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 4:29:28 PM)

It looks inset to me and fine...prob an optical illusion.

NickGen -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 4:55:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Good god Nick thats a work of art my friend.

I thought the game would have used some sort of symbol set that was all linked to a Terrain effect mechanic..so you just had to alter the symbol set and all the maps would then use the new symbols..is this not the case?

No, this is not the case for the moment,
the engine use a graphic file in png, not a system of tiles .....
But I am currently trying to create an editor with tilesets Maps based on graphics used in my reworked map.....

wodin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 5:47:27 PM)

Shame..would have been easier and alot less work!

Hexagon -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 7:29:32 PM)

When i apply the mod see how works the map art part... really, is this an easy way to mod a game??? to be a "game easy to mod" doesnt look easy to mod [8|]

Is easy create maps but have a standarized map art ...

CapnDarwin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 8:15:20 PM)

Hexagon,

I don't think the phrase "easy to mod" was ever said by any of us. Mod Friendly has been stated. Basically saying we have opened access to everything a player would need to generate various items like artwork, sounds, maps, scenarios, data, and whole modules basically. Most modding takes a bit of work. Nothing in the gaming universe is free. [;)]

wodin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/17/2013 10:10:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Hexagon,

I don't think the phrase "easy to mod" was ever said by any of us. Mod Friendly has been states. Basically saying we have opened access to everything a player would need to generate various items like artwork, sounds, maps, scenarios, data, and whole modules basically. Most modding takes a bit of work. Nothing in the gaming universe is free. [;)]

Very true. Being mod friendly and modder friendly is not the same as easy to mod. I haven't done a mod yet that didn't take alot of time and work..even simple things have take me hours.

dougb -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/18/2013 3:30:18 AM)

Nick you might want to think about hosting the files at a different site. That site your file is on set off a ton of malware alarms on my computer when I failed to notice the checkbox that downloads the sites download manager.

Thanks for the great efforts on the map!

Doug

wodin -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/18/2013 3:40:21 AM)

I didn't get any malware alarm from Avast..but I did re download it with the check box off after that silly download program was a PITA. I use 4shared or even better Skydrive..

Plodder -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/18/2013 3:57:20 AM)

I got malware warnings also. Mediafire is good site to use, I've never had problems with it. And also why the re-package using rar? Every Windows user can use .zip natively but you need a 3rd pary-program to use rar.

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Red Storm Map Rework... (10/18/2013 6:20:33 AM)

Wow ! very interesting !
Can't wait to try it.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI