RE: So who is getting it? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

composer99 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 5:26:27 PM)

I fully expect to purchase MWiF, though not immediately.

captskillet -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 5:44:27 PM)

Jose what kind of deal did you have to cut with CiC to get approval?[&:][;)]

herulf -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 5:48:12 PM)

Less than 24 hours to get it [X(]

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 5:48:56 PM)

What I did last night when I bought Command Ops and Highway to the Reich is wait until she went to bed. Got the card out and made the purchase. When I talked to her today she asked me how I like my new game. I said I like it very much, thank you.

Yeah, she's still at work.

And that is the ole Flea Flicker. Doesn't always end well, but sure fun to watch.

captskillet -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 6:12:02 PM)

Boy you sure like dancin' thru mine fields dont you!?

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 6:14:18 PM)

quote:

I just remind her that the preacher man said 'for better OR worse.'

Sabre21 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 6:23:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Until DEATH do us part [sm=fighting0083.gif]..don't forget that part.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 6:26:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

quote:

Until DEATH do us part [sm=fighting0083.gif]..don't forget that part.

Yeah. And then there's that. I did forget. [X(] Thanks.[:@]

Greyshaft -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 7:12:08 PM)

Many years ago my wife (now ex.) and I made an agreement to select our own Christmas and birthday present. That allowed me to indulge my hobby without the need to decide which presents to buy for her = win win

warspite1 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 7:17:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

I have to settle first in an stable place where I can have the box & manuals delivered. I wish I could get the digital download right now and buy the manuals later...

If I don't own the board WiF, so I guess it doesn't make any sense to get the maps too. Can you buy the counters from ADG without the maps?
warspite1

Yes, I did this a few years back.

warspite1 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 7:31:28 PM)

I am normally very sensible but have broken my own rule about computer wargames this year. I bought too many - at least two of which I will not - or am unlikely to - ever play. Wasted money....[:-]

For that reason I briefly considered holding off on MWIF to see what the reviews are like, wait for a couple of patches etc etc.

But having waited all this time, and loving the board game soooo much, I just can't do that. I can't..... Besides I want to support Steve for all the effort he has put in over the years to bring this baby home.

So, right or wrong I will go for it. Besides, forgetting the game for a minute, I must have those maps (even though I have nowhere for them) and I have to have those gorgeous looking manuals on my book shelf.

I will be there tomorrow ordering the game the minute I get home.

wodin -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 7:37:24 PM)

As I said if I had the money I'd buy it just to have it on the Shelf..even if it sat next to my Military History books..

norvandave -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 7:52:20 PM)

I will get WiF when it has a usable AI. I just don't have the time to cordinate play 1:1 plus I will need to learn the game.

Sabre21 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 8:04:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: norvandave

I will get WiF when it has a usable AI. I just don't have the time to cordinate play 1:1 plus I will need to learn the game.

I figure I need to relearn the game and what better way than to play against yourself and learn the ins and outs of the game along with the strategies you like best for each major country. So when the AI does get released, I should have the game mechanics and strategies figured out. I do have a friend close by that plans on picking it up too. He comes over weekly for gaming so I can see us playing the heck out of this over the coming winter.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 8:20:28 PM)

OT but I have a friend that went on a construction job last year for 3 months to Idaho. He fell in love with the place and the people. Said every day at least 2 other workers at the site invited him to their home for dinner with their family. Said many of the construction workers took off most of the early winter to act as game guides.

They really left a good impression on him that it reminded him of Southern comfort, minus the drawl. He will be back for vacation next summer with the family and I've been looking at doing the same after my trip to la.

Again, he was very impressed with the hospitality of the locals.

Mo Reb

Gneisenau -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 8:32:14 PM)

I'm out. No AI - No buy.

bo -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 8:34:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

It's on my table in front of me... [:D]

Not nice Peter [:-]

Bo

ezzler -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 9:06:42 PM)

I'm in. I haven't even looked at the price.
But it has to be bought. My WIF games haven't been out of their boxes for at least a decade. And my Patton in Flames is unpunched.

computer is the only way to play

Dorb -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 10:41:38 PM)

I just hope enough buy this that they don't bail on the AI for some reason. This has to be a hell of an investment to pull off for a game this size. Hope they stay the course and make money doing it. So like I said before I'm all in.
Oh, and I measured, the room - that map is not gonna fit on the wall after all.(8'ceiling,wall 15') Plus I could not have any furniture on that side of the room and would need a step stool to study Europe since it's up at the top. Will still buy the maps anyway, just must have it.

Numdydar -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/6/2013 11:24:44 PM)

You could always put the maps on your bedroonm celling so you could study the map before you went to sleep and when you first woke up [:)] The gonards version of a mirror [:D]

Gizuria -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 2:34:06 AM)

For me, buying this is not a question of money but of time. I have expanded my computer collection of wargames considerably over the last year and a half and haven't had the time to play them all as much as I'd like to or give them the attention they deserve. I've been working hard on completing a major creative project for another game I love playing and have only had time to play two of the 'Command Ops: Battles for Greece' scenarios to date and there will be a further module with Crete/North Africa battles to fight early next year.

I have recently picked up 'Flashpoint Campaigns' which is another time sink. Then there are the AGEOD games which I'm getting into and loving, not to mention HOI3 as well. If I have to spend over $100 bucks to get this, I will have to devote enough time to play the game to justify the expenditure to myself and that means not so much time on my other games. I used to collect games when I was younger as well but I'd rather play them nowadays so collecting is not a good enough reason. Old dog definitely learning new tricks :D

edit to add: posted in reply to Numdydar in error. I really should click the reply to thread button in the future.

chemkid -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 5:16:08 AM)

Rorschachnor -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 9:14:34 AM)

Where can i throw my cash?

Sitting at GMT+1 waiting for the "BUY!" button to work.

Oh, and getting no work done in the office [:'(]

Seriously, I have been waiting for this since Marinacci started his doomed project. So if any game ever can be described as "long over due" it is this.
I will round up my 5-player crew from oblivion and order them to the front! (Well, we'll have to count the next months as training camp awaiting the full multiplayer capability but still[:)]

I will have to make up some excuse at home for buying an extra screen for this. Maybe blame it on work... Or maybe explaing to the missus that I have been WAITING FOR THIS FOR 20 BLOODY YEARS!

Joseignacio -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 9:43:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

I fully expect to purchase MWiF, though not immediately.

I think I will wait for a week, to get the first reviews, if my hands can hold. I heard some people are complaining it s not very friendly to handle the units. But maybe interested comments of detractors. I will wait and see whta people say, if it is not too bad or if it is false at all...

Joseignacio -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 9:50:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Jose what kind of deal did you have to cut with CiC to get approval?[&:][;)]

Nothing, she likes to spend, like most women, so I am a little bit grumpy about that, this way:

- She realizes she is buying a little bit too much.

- She realizes I almost dont buy anything not really needed. I am more or less spartan except for food. So she accepts sometimes I may have a fancy and I am still far behind.

- She is deligted that I spend in "unnecessary" items sometimes, because it makes her feel better about what she buys and freer for future buys. In fact, she sometimes encourages me to buy games or an ebook, like the new kindle I bought these days too.

Peeking Duck? -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 10:57:17 AM)

I'm in. Would prefer an AI but having waited the better part of 18 years for this, I can't see how I could not buy this game.

PS - I'll be back in for the AI version when it's released - hopefully soon™

Dorb -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 10:59:51 AM)

Some info on shipping the books...$20

http://www.wargamer.com/news/8046/matrix-on-shipping-world-in-flames-manuals

captskillet -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 11:20:55 AM)

just as long as you didn't have to make Dr.Faustus type deal [:D]!

wodin -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 11:35:55 AM)

UPS wanted to charge me nearly £30 for Command Ops that was Customs duty and a charge they add aswell...Just the other day I was charged £10 for a £18 item..£2 Customs fee and £8!! Royal mail charge!
So be prepared..better forewarned than a nasty surprise.

Thinking about it should you get charged by Customs when you've already paid VAT on the item..?

Joseignacio -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 12:26:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Some info on shipping the books...$20

http://www.wargamer.com/news/8046/matrix-on-shipping-world-in-flames-manuals

To be exact, they say the custom charges for taxes, ..., on the books can vary very much between countries and that "... our research would seem to indicate that duty, sales or VAT charge from your authorities, if levied, should be no more than $20 per package. This of course can vary dependent on taxation and levy rates in each country."

So 20$ would be the maximum, in case there was any payment.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI