RE: So who is getting it? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Ketza -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 12:59:16 PM)

But of course!

Ingtar -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 3:27:27 PM)

Where will they be shipping from?

brian brian -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 3:40:25 PM)

I look forward to when this thread sinks to page 2 and stays there so this terrible Def Leppard song gets out of my head. Sorry. Tag, you're it.

Numdydar -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 3:41:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ingtar

Where will they be shipping from?

US. see this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/announcement.asp?id=38

Irish Guards -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 4:14:52 PM)

Bragh the Kiltin begins ...
Faugh a ballagh ...
[X(]
IDG

AxelNL -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 7:56:10 PM)

The friend who introduced me to WiF in the late '80 just bought it as well.....

oldbaldwargamer -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 10:54:41 PM)

I'd get it if it had even a beginner A.I...so I will wait and then get it when it has some form of A.I.

WIF_Killzone -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/7/2013 10:57:51 PM)

Got it, the maps, the optional wallpaper glue and schmeisser machine pistol, im good to go.

Magpius -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 4:41:16 AM)

Kissing all my other games goodbye, as this bad boy is going to be all consuming.

Redan -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 9:22:06 AM)

I said earlier that I would wait. Apparently I lied. The $100 U.S. price seemed reasonable to me. Have played WitP-AE extensively, so complexity is okay, even new complexity. I don't like to play Axis, so the allies will do well as I wade or tumble into all this. I am glad I've lived long enough to see this game... Been following/lurking on the WIF forum for 8? 9? years. Glad to have it. It downloaded quickly and looks fabulous, darling...[:D]

AndyG1 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 10:48:03 AM)

Taken the plunge! WIF newbie, looking forward to learning a lot....now for the 4 hour download (thanks to Australian snail pace internet)[:(]

Don60420 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 11:02:04 AM)

After more than a decade of waiting of course I got it! I am amazed that this complex project finally was completed. Good work!

vonpaul -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 11:44:51 AM)

bought, way i figure it. I've been waiting for 10 years for this game so the price of lunch / year is a small price to pay :)

Mundy -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 12:23:12 PM)

Just ordered my copy... at work.

I have to wait 6.5 hours to get it.  [:(]

Ed-

lecrop -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 12:35:11 PM)

Same here Mundy, 6 hours [>:] And waiting the postman to offer him a drink [;)]

mic211 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 12:41:14 PM)

But of course. After decades of waiting[sm=Cool-049.gif]

Mundy -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 12:59:48 PM)

I'm completely new ti WiF.  I've read about it enough, but never knew about it when it first appeared. (pre-internet days).  I was pretty Avalon Hill centric back then.

I'm happy about the included books.  It will make for good bedtime reading.  I love my Kindle Fire, but pdfs are still a bit of eyestrain for me.

Ed-

Neilster -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 1:06:41 PM)

Yep. Been waiting for a computer version of WiF for 20 years. Getting the maps too. Might as well. I want to support Steve and Matrix and they look fantastic.

Honestly, with the amount of cash I've spent on dubious stuff over the years (grog, fast motorbikes, faster women) it's really not massive money.

I'm watching the video tutorials now. Very well done, Steve.

Cheers, Neilster

Easo79 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 2:46:07 PM)

I have managed to get the game promised as a birthday present!![8D]

I will have to wait some weeks, though.....

Ken7 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 3:12:07 PM)

I shall pass because I do have a life and this game would take up most of it. Good luck to you all who purchase it.

Ingtar -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 3:35:20 PM)

After some soul searching, I realized the only reason I was not still playing this solitaire was lack of space. This will allow me to play in some fashion as I used to, so I just purchased it. Who knows, mine might be the one sale that, when added to the others, helps insure that the AI is added.

catwhoorg -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 3:42:00 PM)

Not for me.

I'll think about it when the AI version comes along.

I applaud the powers that be for the way they have released this, I see no reason why those who are happy with the current version should be forced to wait even longer for a functioning AI , which they may never play against.

AbwehrX -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 3:42:33 PM)

quote:

I shall pass because I do have a life and this game would take up most of it. Good luck to you all who purchase it.

No such thing as "a life" without World in Flames.

Mundy -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 6:42:54 PM)

Downloaded in < 20 minutes. Time to fire this bad boy up.

Ed-

Jimm -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 6:45:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbwehrX

quote:

No such thing as "a life" without World in Flames.

I think I want to "like" both these comments, they are equally and paradoxically true.

scout1 -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/8/2013 8:14:59 PM)

Sitting on the fence w/o an AI .... even for some simple scenario's ..... Net play has the restrictions of someone (nearby) with similar schedule as mine ....

philabos -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/9/2013 2:29:16 AM)

Got it today. For those of you sitting on the fence for an ai you are missing something truly unique. Outcomes are so unpredictable it is worth getting right now inho. I was determined to pass on the maps, but when the option came up somehow I checked the box!
A magnificent achievement for all at Matrix the stuck with this over the years. I doubt any other company would have tolerated this gestation period.

Hotschi -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/9/2013 5:27:05 PM)

I'm downloading right now - my secretary of finance (aka wife) is at work right now, so she doesn't know [:D]

Never played the boardgame, actually never heard of it before. Never played strategy games online (except Battle Academy with an old schoolfriend of mine). No AI yet, no PBEM yet, guess it will be implemented some day in the future. Learning the game will keep me busy the coming weeks (or months), and am looking forward to the printed manuals. Wonder when they'll arrive here in Austria.

This thing looks massive, And I'm looking forward to playing it, in which way ever.

Otto von Blotto -> RE: So who is getting it? (11/9/2013 5:38:38 PM)

Not at the moment, but probably in the future when it's download only or shipping the books half way round the world isn't a quarter of the ticket price and there is at least a rudimentary AI and PBEM options so will maybe look again in a years time, I've waited this long another year is nothing in the development of this behemoth and at least they are getting some return on there time and effort in the mean time.[8D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI