RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

tdpyle -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/12/2013 8:38:14 PM)

Went out yesterday and upgraded my computer to increase my processor speed. 1.3 ghz just couldn't keep up. Now I'm running at 2.9 ghz. Much better.

bo -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/12/2013 9:25:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

playing Barbarossa and just trying to get the land/air part down pat before I move on to Guad.

PS..any of you WIF oldtimers out there won Barbarossa with the Whermacht?

If anyone needs help with Guadalcanal please let me know I did an AAR on Guadalcanal called battle of the Coral sea it is on page 8 but the way posts are going it might be on page 9 by now..
bo

jomni -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/12/2013 9:43:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deerslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Tonight I was ready to pull the trigger (buying the game). Then chickened out.

:-) I was too and bit the bullet last night. Watched a few Vid Tut's so far and me thinks many weeks before plunging in to an actual game.

What the hell!!! I bought it.

ANTONIOr -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/12/2013 10:26:08 PM)

well ,watching and re-watching some tutorials ,and reading here and there the manual to re catch the feeling ,then had a look at few setups ,still not started a game ,maybe trying barbarossa in few days
even if I can t wait to start now, I prefer to have a little warm up to refresh some things by the manual and maybe an other look at few tutorials ,you may well say that I m tasting the thing a lot [:D]

sillyflower -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/12/2013 10:47:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop

Reading RaC a lot, at work, at home, at bed (sex self-banned until become a wif master [sm=fighting0056.gif])

Hmmm. Looks to me like you are multitasking there[:-]

Dorb -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/12/2013 11:03:10 PM)

1/2 way done with the videos. No hurry, big ass game.

Extraneous -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/13/2013 8:51:57 AM)

[X(] After over 10 years (ADG beta, Matrix beta, uniit write ups, and forum posts) I took a break. [X(]

[:D] After reading and responding to the forums. [:D]

berthier -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/13/2013 11:15:24 AM)

Watching video tutorials, simply awesome. I've owned the board game for ten years, never got through the rules, looked longingly at all those counters and gave up a dozen times. The tutorials although long are really firing me up to plunge in.

One thing though, does every narrator who did a tutorial live in a war zone? There are sirens continually going in the background as emergency vehicles race along the city streets...I thought they might have used a sound room, apparently they used their lounge room, windows open, New Years night [;)]

terje439 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/13/2013 2:33:52 PM)

Today I learnt that flying Str.bombing for the Brits is a lot more dangerous if they Axis has not already expended a lot of his fighters.
Two out of four STR lost for the Brits [X(]

Ingtar -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/13/2013 2:46:10 PM)

I started over on the Global War, putting into practice some of what I discovered/rediscovered. My little strategy charts gave me some odd dice rolls this time. (I try to set up strategies for the other side, assign them probabilities, and roll at times when it is too late for the "favored" side to react unfairly.)

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/13/2013 3:55:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: berthier

Watching video tutorials, simply awesome. I've owned the board game for ten years, never got through the rules, looked longingly at all those counters and gave up a dozen times. The tutorials although long are really firing me up to plunge in.

One thing though, does every narrator who did a tutorial live in a war zone? There are sirens continually going in the background as emergency vehicles race along the city streets...I thought they might have used a sound room, apparently they used their lounge room, windows open, New Years night [;)]

[:D]They were all done by me. I work at home and live next to two hospitals. The last 3 were recorded in Philadelphia when I was visiting my sister, so they should be quieter. But I was badly jet-lagged with a slight head cold when I recorded those so you'll need to turn up the sound level.

Dorb -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/15/2013 11:18:02 PM)

Checked to see if my order came in yet... NOPE! [>:]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/15/2013 11:30:00 PM)

Trying to get production down.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/15/2013 11:30:37 PM)

Oh, yea....this to.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Checked to see if my order came in yet... NOPE! [>:]

Dr. Foo -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 12:17:58 AM)

Today, I got my books and started to play Global War, just to get a feel of how the game will progress. A lot of trial and error. I have a good grasp on land movement and combat, along with how land aircraft function. Naval movement I'm OK with, but convoys are still a mystery. I'm not sure how many convoy points are too many or too low and I have not even tried to move a resource yet. I also cannot get carrier planes to rebase, so there's still a lot of work to be done.

Snydly -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 2:33:05 AM)

Books just arrived in the mail, Cleared customs quickly it seems ... now I am reading the books.

They are of genuine high quality ... well worth the price for the game. [8D]

warspite1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 4:03:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Trying to get production down.
warspite1

Titanwarrior89 I fear that Economics 101 course you too rather flew over your head didn't it? The key goal for any economy - especially in time of war - is to get production UP. [;)]

mjjcpa -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 5:00:37 AM)

I awarded the VC to an entire squadron of Nimrods operating from CVL Eagle based in Gibraltar. They were really there to give some air cover to 4 slow BBs, but stole the bloody show.

In 3 turns of Med battles, this CVP shot down a 2 pt Nav, port struck and dmgd a TRS even though it had a FTR covering it, aborted a 3 pt NAV and a FTR on 2 occasions, and forced large Italian fleets to abort because they lost their air cover.

Not bad for a unit with 2 Air-to-air, and 1 air-to-sea factors.

henri51 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 11:56:58 AM)

START
watch videos
read manuals
read AARs
GO TO START

HELP! I am caught in a loop![&:]

warspite1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 12:07:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: henri51

START
watch videos
read manuals
read AARs
GO TO START

HELP! I am caught in a loop![&:]
warspite1

Just go straight to a game and pile in - don't be afraid to ask questions. You will soon get the hang of it.

terje439 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 4:19:26 PM)

Today I realized that my German attacks needs a lot of work before I can take on any human opponent...(Jan/Feb -41 and I am STILL north of Paris...)

Terje

warspite1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 4:21:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Today I realized that my German attacks needs a lot of work before I can take on any human opponent...(Jan/Feb -41 and I am STILL north of Paris...)

Terje
warspite1

Yes, this game requires a hell of a lot of planning.

terje439 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 4:44:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Terje
warspite1

Yes, this game requires a hell of a lot of planning.

Well, in my defence, I had really poor rolls in Poland, and the weather in 1940 was an utter disaster for the Axis. Yet still...

Zorachus99 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 4:52:47 PM)

Today I reproduced a bug, and setup an optionals default and Setup for Barbarossa Solitaire.

Hopefully I'll decipher how to use Netplay tonight. The interface isn't intuitive by any stretch of the imagination.

ezzler -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 7:40:20 PM)

Ran Barbarossa. Didn't read any manuals or view any tutorials - They are for wimps.
German northern assault - textbook - Broke the line. Lots of dead soviets. USSR airforce over run during large gains. Even managed to get the fleet out to help squash Leningrad.

Middle - went about average - broke through and made good gains. -

South - ahh ..yes..the south .. Now ..how did I used to do this so the Germans weren't stuck on the Romanian border for four months?

Xelvonar -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 10:26:30 PM)

Global war, finished setup, played axis 1st impulse. German Air Force did squat (disorganized 1 division) but the attacks went well. Japanese attacked in the South, killing some Chinese units by Hainan but losing an ART, opening some space for further offenses in the south. Italians did nothing. Good times.

Dr. Foo -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 11:04:25 PM)

I got stuck in China and I cannot figure out how to get supplies to any of my inland units. [&:]

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/16/2013 11:07:10 PM)

Did alot of reading today with the manual.  Got a headach after about 3 hours and had to quit.

AxelNL -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/17/2013 7:55:23 AM)

Don' let Chinese div's run away in your jap controlled hinterland. I am spending too much units on mopping them up, and getting US entry rolls for each reconquered city.

Navodchik -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/17/2013 8:47:29 AM)

Watched the video tutorial chapter 9. I'm still waiting the manual books but these very nice and clear tutorials have really helped me to get some of the basics. I'm still trying to figure out the sequence of play and the 'impulses' as well as how the combat goes on and how it is resolved, but I think that eventually I have enough courage to try at least the Barbarossa scenario in solitaire play. Maybe next week, who knows? For now I've just tried to get familiar with the interface and navigating through different menus and learning them. So far I have liked WiF and I understand that this game needs much patience what comes to learning. That said, WiF clearly has the potential to become one of my all-time favourite strategy games. Luckily I'm on holiday next week so I will have some time to spend to learn more...

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI