RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

WarHunter -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 5:26:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Wow..just wow!!!![&o] You lucky B......[;)]

A3 B3 C3 mounted. I'll work on the next 3 maps soon. Here is a long view.

[image]local://upfiles/11425/C52739DA9D44491589850B2509E6A5B7.jpg[/image]

AxelNL -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 6:06:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

Today I started a scenario in which all the significant minor countries -- Spain, Turkey, Sweden, Mexico, all of South America except Brazil, etc. -- are Axis-aligned. I'm going to give Italy and Germany all of the naval units in their pools, along with the entire French Fleet, and pull an Invasion America scenario in spring '40. I'll set the weather to clear everywhere just to make certain they get a nice foothold. If it's too unbalanced, I'll give the US a B-36 and a P-80 or something. Then we'll see where things go!

Oh my bad -- that's what I did in CWiF today, not MWiF [:(]

You are in the wrong forum for CWiF. [sm=fighting0056.gif]

Ingtar -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 7:21:27 PM)

I have been trying to replay the first part of Global War trying different set ups in China. I have yet to find one that works unless the Japanese have hideous luck of the draw on units.

AxelNL -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 7:47:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ingtar

I have been trying to replay the first part of Global War trying different set ups in China. I have yet to find one that works unless the Japanese have hideous luck of the draw on units.

Let your Chin Cav div run around behind the Jap lines if possible - will teach the Jap to reserve some units to prevent that

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 8:01:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ingtar

Partisans, Chinese Warlords, and extra Chinese cities make it harder for the Japanese. Partisans especially.

scout1 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 8:31:56 PM)

Bought a 27" monitor .... Now I can finally see the BIG (or bigger picture).....

Does WiF support 2x monitors ? perhaps I can keep my 20" monitor and drag select windows/forms over to it ... ?

captskillet -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 8:41:05 PM)

yes, I use my 17" laptop for map and 24" for all other forms.

paulderynck -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 8:42:32 PM)

It supports both 2 and 3 monitor configurations. Since it's done using Extended Desktop, it is not an MWiF limitation but is only limited by your hardware - FREX if using a laptop, you likely are limited to 2 screens.

Igbe -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 8:57:01 PM)

Purchased the game.

tdpyle -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 9:07:55 PM)

You must be using the debug version of CWIF. I always got in trouble screwing around with wild variants of it. Usually resulted in a crash. ADG put out a cleaned up non-debug version for, as I recall, $5.00. Download only (no shipping).It actually is pretty stable since you can't introduce weird variations which confound the RAW.
quote:

Today I started a scenario in which all the significant minor countries -- Spain, Turkey, Sweden, Mexico, all of South America except Brazil, etc. -- are Axis-aligned. I'm going to give Italy and Germany all of the naval units in their pools, along with the entire French Fleet, and pull an Invasion America scenario in spring '40. I'll set the weather to clear everywhere just to make certain they get a nice foothold. If it's too unbalanced, I'll give the US a B-36 and a P-80 or something. Then we'll see where things go!

CrusssDaddy -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 10:33:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tdpyle

You must be using the debug version of CWIF. I always got in trouble screwing around with wild variants of it. Usually resulted in a crash. ADG put out a cleaned up non-debug version for, as I recall, $5.00. Download only (no shipping).It actually is pretty stable since you can't introduce weird variations which confound the RAW.
quote:

After almost 10 years of playing it I'm pretty familiar with what crashes CWiF. Got a new one last week for the first time in a while when I tried to sealift a UK DIV from Cyprus and it locked up -- but that's what saving regularly is for.

Debug is the entire point of it, why would you pay to have it removed?

CrusssDaddy -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 10:34:22 PM)

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No problem CD, I'm sure no one will begrudge you posting about CWIF on here - why not do an AAR on that scenario?

I might do that. But I'm not all fancy with a computer like you kids these days, I don't know how to post pics :(

ezzler -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 10:40:22 PM)

Land combat - Blitzkreig.

WarHunter -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 11:24:57 PM)

MWiF Map art close to completion. 3 sections left.

[image]local://upfiles/11425/93F8E3AB6EA34D848C97BC6CEBC94456.jpg[/image]

WarHunter -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 11:27:48 PM)

Going East to China, Japan and a little Australia.

[image]local://upfiles/11425/9CA63A81C8244E92B7C0FE74430ECBC2.jpg[/image]

Zorachus99 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 11:32:09 PM)

[X(] Oh my god, my eyes are full of hexes!!! [X(]

shaddock -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 11:44:09 PM)

Yep much nicer than my garage floor attempt. And he doesn't have to worry about it getting driven upon :)

Zorachus99 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/27/2013 11:58:42 PM)

I'm curious if anyone will end up trying to play the game with the physical maps.

Ingtar -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/28/2013 1:23:29 AM)

That might be the problem, I never cared for using partisans. Perhaps I should turn them on and try again.

WarHunter -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/28/2013 1:23:49 AM)

Operation MWiF Map Mount is complete. Total of 14 panels on 2 walls. Europe to Asia, Africa India and Australia on 1 wall, (9panels). North America and most of South America on the other(5 panels). [sm=00000028.gif]

After paying for the computer game, reading the books, it just seemed a shame to never see the maps in all their glory. [sm=happy0029.gif]

Granted its not all of them, but its enough for me. As an old time AH boardgamer, its nice to work with a hex map and show it off to friends. [sm=character0267.gif]

Back to learning MWiF so when we meet on the virtual battlefield, i won't be trying to figure out how to load transports on the fly. I'll use the fly-out. [sm=00000436.gif]

Thanks for the comments.

[image]local://upfiles/11425/DC3A408A295F4EC5A0C0DF53A4342755.jpg[/image]

Centuur -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/28/2013 5:59:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

No problem CD, I'm sure no one will begrudge you posting about CWIF on here - why not do an AAR on that scenario?

I might do that. But I'm not all fancy with a computer like you kids these days, I don't know how to post pics :(

[sm=sign0006.gif][sm=sign0006.gif]

Now, you are welcome to open a topic for CWIF on the ADG forums... This is MWIF. [:-]

If you've bought MWIF, you are of course allowed to open a topic to make a review comparing the two...

But I'm getting the impression that you aren't prepared to fight me in a netplay game of MWIF...

I call that: "total cowardice in the face on the enemy"... Prepared to be shot: [sm=00000106.gif]

Extraneous -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/29/2013 11:48:28 AM)

Added trade agreements to Aliances with minor countries in "The War Room". [sm=terms.gif]

FeurerKrieg -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/29/2013 6:46:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mundy

I'll be waiting for my books to arrive before diving too deep.  WiF is definitely not something you casually plunge into.  I've never played the board game, though I had been interested in it for some time.

I'm a long time WITP-AE player, being with the system back to the Uncommon Valor days.  While huge, the basic concepts arent a whole lot different that UV.

This is something else entirely, so I'm treading softly.

Ed-

This is me too, except I haven't ordered yet. Just realized today the WiF was finally finished!!

rickier65 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/30/2013 12:02:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

Operation MWiF Map Mount is complete. Total of 14 panels on 2 walls. Europe to Asia, Africa India and Australia on 1 wall, (9panels). North America and most of South America on the other(5 panels). [sm=00000028.gif]

After paying for the computer game, reading the books, it just seemed a shame to never see the maps in all their glory. [sm=happy0029.gif]

Granted its not all of them, but its enough for me. As an old time AH boardgamer, its nice to work with a hex map and show it off to friends. [sm=character0267.gif]

Back to learning MWiF so when we meet on the virtual battlefield, i won't be trying to figure out how to load transports on the fly. I'll use the fly-out. [sm=00000436.gif]

Thanks for the comments.

Thanks for posting - that's quiet a sight to see the maps mounted!

Rick

ezzler -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/30/2013 12:15:03 AM)

Now you know CrussDaddy can't play you at MWIF. Why that MWIF game will never ever be released and all of you who think one day it will... why you fools is just Dooo Luding yerselves.

That game ain't not ever no way be finished any time never. And even if it was -- why, no-one would spring more 'am $5 dollar for it..see-in as it would be so buggy and just a weak copy of CWIF in a fancy CD case anyhow!.

That MWIF is just vapour ware and you all knows it!

AxelNL -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/30/2013 8:44:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ezz

Now you know CrussDaddy can't play you at MWIF. Why that MWIF game will never ever be released and all of you who think one day it will... why you fools is just Dooo Luding yerselves.

That game ain't not ever no way be finished any time never. And even if it was -- why, no-one would spring more 'am $5 dollar for it..see-in as it would be so buggy and just a weak copy of CWIF in a fancy CD case anyhow!.

Crussdaddy might need some serious help instead of us reacting on his severe trolling in the past. [sm=sad-1361.gif]

npilgaard -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/30/2013 12:40:14 PM)

Have played a fair number of WiF boad games, but have never seen a '40 Barbarossa (we usually play the game to the end ('45) - with the unwritten house rule that the Axis players don't decide to end the game early if things go against them - the Allies are allowed to get their fun too :) - so the '40 Barbarossa has always been deemed to risky).

So now I am giving it a try - so far everything goes very well for the Germans (Poland conquered Sep/Oct and Yugoslavia in Nov/Dec (fine weather in first impulse), and the panzer units and HQ etc. have been railed to Rumania, ready for the DoW...

WarHunter -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/30/2013 5:21:38 PM)

Do you plan to have Japan help in the far east? Is Italy an active Ally?

Long ago when HQ's were frozen during mud impulses, and could be loaded on ATR's, our group tried a !940 Barbarossa. The hardest part as i remember it, was holding the allies back. That was also before many of the options open to players. Once the Allies decide to invade the Low counties, it really stretches the axis land line defense.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Zorachus99 -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/30/2013 8:48:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxelNL

quote:

ORIGINAL: ezz

Crussdaddy might need some serious help instead of us reacting on his severe trolling in the past. [sm=sad-1361.gif]

I'm almost 100% sure, he's here with an alt account.

[:D][:D][:D]

npilgaard -> RE: What did you do today in World in Flames? (11/30/2013 10:30:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

Do you plan to have Japan help in the far east? Is Italy an active Ally?

Long ago when HQ's were frozen during mud impulses, and could be loaded on ATR's, our group tried a !940 Barbarossa. The hardest part as i remember it, was holding the allies back. That was also before many of the options open to players. Once the Allies decide to invade the Low counties, it really stretches the axis land line defense.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Yes, Japan attacked right away (in a non-solitaire game the Allies probably won't expect a '40 Barbarossa, so a few Russian units might be lured to Siberia to battle the Japanese :) Main objective is to cut the rail line (if lucky prevent Zhukov from railing back to Europe) - the Japanese can se up two units in mountains next to the rail line, exerting ZoC.

Italy attacked late '39, moving a unit or two into France in order to lengthen the (stalemate due to the mountains) front and bind more French units.
So pretty much an all-in strategy - the Italians won't be able to hold against the Western Allies if they concentrate on Italy, so it is a race against time :)

France/CW attacks Belgium (and Germany) in the spring, as soon as the weather permits.

Germans DoW'ed Russia 1. impulse in '40 (to use first turn to reach river line etc.), and I played a few turns. However, the Russian reserves and the MIL the turn after make for a lot of speed bumps and hero cities that the Germans have to chew through, slowing their advance, especially in bad weather, and preventing any real breakthrough. Also I forgot to use Offensive Chit... :)

So I will now give it a second try (starting over from Jan/Feb '40), this time deploying heavily in the South, pretty much only screening in the North (German don't have many units available - Western Front needs to be uphold as well - and the extra INF is needed in the South to take care of the cities while the panzer advances), and waiting with the DoW until fine weather (hopefully in Mar/Apr) - it will slow Things Down a turn or two, but it is very important to gain a lot of ground during the first turn, while the reserves are face down and the MILs haven't arrived yet (hmm - forgot that the MILs can actually be built already the to Japan's DoW - perhaps better to let Japan wait as well then... :) )

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI