New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted

ANTONIOr -> New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/13/2013 1:24:22 PM)

hi all

posted this elsewhere but this is the appropriate place for sure [:D]

well I m a little experienced in single player and wish to play the GD 1938 scenario ,whatever side ,whatever pace ,whatever time zone

still keeping training with the scenario and reading the sub forum in the war room about it and its improvements

very interested in this scenario ,but also in Waw ,Pacific war

thank you all in advance [:)]

ciao

antonio

Jeffrey H. -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/14/2013 12:33:31 AM)

Count me in, any side is ok.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/14/2013 4:21:57 PM)

thank you very very much Jeffrey [:D]

do you think is needed to have more players ? and or if is it possible ...[&:]

edited ...nm just seen your post in GD renewed etc...[:D]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/14/2013 7:12:00 PM)

I think 4 is better, there were two more looking for a game, (Bombur and Ironduke55). Maybe PM them ?

We can give 2 a shot otherwise. It will move faster.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/14/2013 9:47:01 PM)

Interested to play the latest version of GD1938. If there is a slot available, drop me a note please.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 4:54:33 PM)

yay we re growing in numbers ...i m a noob between all of you ,but I m reading your discussions about balance and also in the war room ,composition of forces etc,
my experience against IA obviously couldn t count much ,since IA doesn t handle diplomatic cards and its correlate consequences etc,anyway ...

I m training too [:D]

ernieschwitz -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 5:53:32 PM)

Remember to send me a PM if you find any bugs, or things that you need info about, that seem to be undocumented... If I can´t answer them, I am sure bombur can.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 6:05:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ANTONIOr

my experience against IA obviously couldn t count much ,since IA doesn t handle diplomatic cards and its correlate consequences etc,anyway ...

I m training too [:D]

As it will run as 2vs2 you have a partner to ask whenever there are any questions. And dont think that players that have already played this sceanrio always know what is best to do [;)]

Bombur -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 8:09:39 PM)

I´m ready to start a GD1938 scenario (last version, just will contact Claus)

Bombur -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 8:11:21 PM)

Hi, ernie, do you have uploaded the last version (with Fw190A bug corrected) for GD1938 to the community site?

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 9:29:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bombur

I´m ready to start a GD1938 scenario (last version, just will contact Claus)

So who is participating? In case we are more players than sides we might start another game/ another scenario too.

ANTONIOr: any side you prefer? As you started this thread you should be the first to choose.

ernieschwitz -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 9:45:25 PM)

quote:

Hi, ernie, do you have uploaded the last version (with Fw190A bug corrected) for GD1938 to the community site?

No, let me just do that :)

ernieschwitz -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/15/2013 9:53:38 PM)

Done, 2.00L-version ready to download from the scenario page.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 12:21:16 AM)

mmm we are ..or would be .. rufus ,jeffrey ,bombur , me

didn t understood if ernie plays or just will be spammed with bugs report ,cheats reports etc[:D]

jeffrey cited ironduke too ,don t know ,you maybe could contact him

about the side ...whatever ,need obviously a patient ally [:D]

version 2.00L ..ok

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 1:01:24 AM)

If you need a additional player let me know I am playing GD1938 at the moment. But could handle a second game. Do I need to upgrade to 2.00L and will that impact my current game.

ernieschwitz -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 6:33:16 AM)

It will not impact your current game, and yes you need to upgrade.

And no I won´t be playing.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 10:05:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

If you need a additional player let me know I am playing GD1938 at the moment. But could handle a second game. Do I need to upgrade to 2.00L and will that impact my current game.

As you have asked for participating in a new game earlier than me, it is up to you to join here and I will step back in case there is no slot left. Maybe we will find enough players for another game or anyone interested in a game of WaW or ETO.

Bombur -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 12:19:25 PM)

The is room up to 8 players, no one needs to give up. If we play with 5 players, I suggest one of them will take Japan, one takes Italy+Germany, one USSR, one Japan+China. I will send you the last version (with Fw190A bug fixed)

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 12:42:46 PM)

Please no one pull out it would interesting to see how the game is played with more players. The Diplomatic aspect would a lot more challenging. The only problem would be the turn rate, but I guess with less to do in the game that might speed up.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 3:21:43 PM)

quote:

The is room up to 8 players, no one needs to give up. If we play with 5 players, I suggest one of them will take Japan, one takes Italy+Germany, one USSR, one Japan+China. I will send you the last version (with Fw190A bug fixed)

yay many players[:D]

er surely you meant USA + China .or is that an ....improvment?[:D]

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 3:24:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RufusTFirefly

quote:

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

As you have asked for participating in a new game earlier than me, it is up to you to join here and I will step back in case there is no slot left. Maybe we will find enough players for another game or anyone interested in a game of WaW or ETO.

in any case i m ready (?)[X(] to handle 2 games ...in kamikaze style , for this period I have a little more free time [:D]

edit I thought you rufus arrived earlier than ironduke ,,, but i don t know if it s possible to win anything ...[:D]

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 4:07:53 PM)

quote:

in any case i m ready (?)[X(] to handle 2 games ...in kamikaze style , for this period I have a little more free time [:D]

edit I thought you rufus arrived earlier than ironduke ,,, but i don t know if it s possible to win anything ...[:D]

In case you play kamikaze style please look for other allies than me [:D]

Irondule had already told he wants to join in subforum War Room, somewhen end of October. Anyway, having more than four players will make it more interesting, I agree with you in that. Otherwise it is a 2vs2, but five or more players means we will see more diplomatic negotiations and hopefully more changes in sides/coalitions.

As Bombur listed only four sides and did not mention France and Britain, I think this will be the fifth side, right? Looks like a good mix and as we are just five players we might choose sides now if it is ok for all.

Antonio, would you like to start posting your preferences?

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 5:59:06 PM)

well

a country that couldn t screw up the game in the first turn ,maybe switzerland ,or antarctica ?[:D]

seriously no preference ,since I m the less experienced player here ,and need to be driven a little from a very very patient ally

btw I m studying in the forum ,and the improvments and the discussions about this or that use of units haha[sm=Tank-fahr09.gif][sm=Evil-210.gif][sm=tank2-39.gif][sm=sterb032.gif]

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 11:04:04 PM)

Asuming we will have a 5-player-game and are complete now someone has to start to list preferences.

Here they are (highest preference first):
France/ Britain
USA
Germany/ Italy
SU
Japan

Jeffrey H. -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/16/2013 11:35:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RufusTFirefly

Asuming we will have a 5-player-game and are complete now someone has to start to list preferences.

Here they are (highest preference first):
France/ Britain
USA
Germany/ Italy
SU
Japan

Any one is fine for me.

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 1:00:01 AM)

I will pretty much play what's left over no real preference

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 11:54:02 AM)

well rufus ,since you were the "preference poster", listen at bombur s preference and then assign countries to players[:D]

no poland for me please[:D]

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 12:50:13 PM)

quote:

no poland for me please[:D]

But this would be a real challenge! Ok, so what about Denmark? We might give you Belgium and Netherlands too to make it easier. So you have Germany trapped inbetween your nations. Isnt that a fair chance?

Cannt tell what nation is best to play when you are new in this scenario.

USA is out of any conflict for a long time and can concentrate on diplomatics and upgrading tech levels. Might be a choice as you can look to build up your forces first and later start sending them anywhere and prepare for war.

Sovjets might have an easy start as long as they get an agreement with Axis about the Balkan and the Baltic states. This would enable both sides to take the small nations by diplomacy or war that is not really challenging but enables the player to get his units experienced.

Britain is involved in war with Axis quite early. Although England and Scotland might be save as having lots of forces for defence, the colonies are in danger of being overrun. And France is hard to hold against the combined attacks of Germany and Italy.

Axis is not easy to play, of course due to its position in the middle of Europe with enemies at all sides. It has to be aggressive and take as much as possible to get stronger and be able to survive, especially later as USA gets involved.

Japan is small, has to fight China, which might be not that difficult, but has to fear the powerful USA. Maybe Japan is most challenging.

This is only my view. Maybe there are different opinions here, so dont listen only to what I say [;)]

But things might be totally different in case we see some interesting coalitions. Imagine Axis and Western Allies being at peace and Axis can concentrate its full power against Sovjets. Not a comfortable situation for the player of SU. Japan and USA being allied and at war with Western Allies would make it unable for Britain to defend its colonies and get British forces supplied by the Asian supply centers. China and SU being allied might drive Japan out from the continent and leave it being reduced to a small island that is vulnerable at any place against air and naval attacks, and having few space to build any factories.

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 4:34:06 PM)

Japan sounds interesting I will give that a shot. At least in this game I will know what I am doing. I am learning as I go in the GD38 I am currently playing

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 7:16:45 PM)

thank s for the analysis ,so no country ,obviously ,is far from danger and challenge ,,,very good I would add ..

well let s listen at jeffrey s and bombur s preferences

I ll take the country left free

the usa player will move as soon as usa wake up ,but since the first turn as china

SU could forgive less mistakes than usa ,even if there is china that must resist to japan

germany italy lesser mistakes ,for they need to start aggressively due to a lack of resources compared to the others ,possible and for sure ,,enemies

japan has to face continental and oceanic ,literally ,problems

france britain all around the world ,with france that has to hold on as much as possible to limit its side damages and germany advantages

conclusion : checking the forum to find hints and tips[:D]

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI