RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted

ernieschwitz -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 8:11:40 PM)

quote:

the usa player will move as soon as usa wake up ,but since the first turn as china

Actually the USA player can do alot of stuff, even while not awakened from isolationism. Just to clear matters up. What it cannot do is attack anyone.

One might categorize the countries in those that can attack minors, and those that cannot.

Germany, Italy, Japan and the Soviet Union can all attack minor nations. The rest cannot. However, at any time can any major nation, except for the USA, go to war against another major nation... Of course attacking a minor country is the same as declaring war against the major country most at friends with that minor country, excluding the attacker. Which brings me to a very important point. No phoney wars should be allowed. If two countries are at war they should be playing as if at war. If they donīt all sorts of exploits are possible.

Bombur -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 9:54:13 PM)

I would like to take USSR now. We have 5 players, right?

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/17/2013 11:19:28 PM)

ok jeffrey has to choose now

hey is it possible to declare war to a minor without ending in a war against a major ?

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 12:41:32 AM)

Its not possible to DOW (Declaration of War) on a minor power without then having the major power that is protecting the minor ally DOW on you. EG: When Germany attacks Poland it will trigger France to DOW on Germany since France has a defensive pact with Poland. If the UK is allied with France than Germany will find they are at war with France UK as well as Poland

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 12:44:15 AM)

then is it possible dow a minor and according to a peace with the major protecting it ,or is this a phoney ,,,war ?

for example ,,,how SU could annex baltic states without ending in a war ? and germany with checkoslovakia and austria

mmm I read something about claims ,,,SU on finland ,,, how to do that ?

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 3:20:29 AM)

If Germany attack's Poland and France is at war with Germany then France should prosecute the war like a shooting war. Historically when Poland was attacked the UK did nothing and the French not much more. It was called a Phoney war until France Holland Belgium and Luxembourg were attacked in May 1940 by the Germans. The Soviet Union did historically attack Finland and annex the Baltic states. You have the option using PP to bring a minor power over to your side without a war. Might be better to do that then risk a war. Point is anytime you start a war against a minor power you risk war. You have to weigh the risk.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 12:44:54 PM)

ok very clear thanks

yes I knew the term phoney was used during the months of non active belligerance between germany and france

well we ll need pp to make countries align ,if we don t want undesired wars ,or at least in certain moments

ok I ll not choose germany italy ,an expert is needed especially there,so for exclusion I ll take USA China

it s to Jeffrey to be the bad boy and invade here and there[:D]hope he s happy to assume the role of infamous man [:D]

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 1:46:10 PM)

Just to confirm I am happy with Japan if anyone is looking at Japan with envious eyes and wishing they could fly the sunny flag then I will swap. If not Bonsai or should that be Banzai.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 5:29:00 PM)

So we have a 5-player-game, version 200L

and order of players/sides

Jeffrey - Germany, Italy
Ironduke - Japan
Bombur - Sovjets
Rufus - France, Britian
Antonio - USA, China

Ready to start! [:)]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 6:19:18 PM)

Hey Ironduke, I'll swap with you if you want.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 8:29:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Hey Ironduke, I'll swap with you if you want.

You prefer to take another side?

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 8:54:31 PM)

No problem Jeff if you prefer Japan we can swap.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 9:18:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ironduke1955

No problem Jeff if you prefer Japan we can swap.

You think thats a good idea? You will have me as opponent. Better start early building flak at Stuttgart.

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 9:21:04 PM)

quote:

Done, 2.00L-version ready to download from the scenario page.

Where do you get this from the best I have is 2.00i, link please I went to the members on the community site only version I could see was 2.00i.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 9:28:38 PM)

http://www.advancedtactics.org/scenario.php?nr=151&tpage=0&tplayer=0&ttag=2&tai=0&tdeleted=0&tengine=0

Thats the latest one, placed at scenario bank on 15th by Ernieschwitz. Maybe you read l (small L) als I (capital i)? Please refer to scenario version displayed in briefing when you start the scenario. There it is written as 200L.

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 9:30:36 PM)

Thanks for link you may be right my eyesight is not what it was. Got it thanks.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 9:32:45 PM)

Was confused too, so I opened scenario to be sure.

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/18/2013 9:43:49 PM)

quote:

You think thats a good idea? You will have me as opponent. Better start early building flak at Stuttgart.

Nope I am pretty sure its not. I would prefer the warmer waters of the Pacific. Last time I goose stepped I pulled a muscle.

OK If everyone is happy we can start I will play the first turn and forward it on to Jeff.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 12:45:06 AM)

ok now how is the technical aspect ? I mean the order is

ironduke germany italy

jeffrey japan

bombur Soviet Union

rufus France Britain

antonio Usa China

well the first player makes his moves ,then saves the game ...and ..or ?then ? how to do? are the turn simultaneous ?

and what about the settings ?[&:][&:][&:] noobish questions ...[:D]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 1:41:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ANTONIOr

ok now how is the technical aspect ? I mean the order is

ironduke germany italy

jeffrey japan

bombur Soviet Union

rufus France Britain

antonio Usa China

well the first player makes his moves ,then saves the game ...and ..or ?then ? how to do? are the turn simultaneous ?

and what about the settings ?[&:][&:][&:] noobish questions ...[:D]

That's it, the first player plays his round and sends it to the next and so on and so on.

Just an FYI for the new player(s), the first round you have to choose a victory condition for your nation. Don't skip it !

Also, when a formerly nuetral nation joins your side, you need to reallocate the HQ's and cities and reestablish production in the first round.

Play on !

P.S. please send my turn to jhlotton at yahoo dot com.

Bombur -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 9:03:52 AM)

Donīt start yet. I will send you version 2.00L latter. It has a fox for the Fw190A issue

Bombur -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 9:04:23 AM)

Antonio, whatīs your e-mail?

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 10:57:34 AM)

quote:

Donīt start yet. I will send you version 2.00L latter. It has a fox for the Fw190A issue

Thanks but no need I downloaded 2.00L.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 1:09:43 PM)

my e mail is antonio.rasenti@yahoo.com

when the player plays his turn ,after having uploaded others' players turns ,saves his turn and sends it to the next player

when am I clicking to pass to next turn ?,I guess in any case before receiving a new turn ,but my questions are for I was wondering about inteceptions and or other non -phasing player missions ,

I m with evidence a little confused by other games mechanics[&:]

and about settings ,ok for victory condition ,ok for neutral joined your side ,but what about pbem protection ,shroud ,other settings ,?
must they coincide or does that makes no effect?

and wasn t the Fw 190 issue fixed in 2.00 L or have we to still wait for a correction ? for I had downloaded the 2.00 L from the scenario bank

sorry for my noobligence [:D]

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 3:56:15 PM)

quote:

when the player plays his turn ,after having uploaded others' players turns ,saves his turn and sends it to the next player

Yes exactly correct all you need is the E-Mail address of the next player in your case it will be me send to tmain98560@AOL.COM

quote:

but my questions are for I was wondering about interceptions and or other non -phasing player missions ,

All interceptions are the same as playing the AI they will happen during your turn when your units are intercepted conducting a air mission. And your opponents turn when his units are intercepted conducting a air mission.

Don't worry about stacking limits in this game a 100 stacking points is normal in ATG a tank = 10 stacking points infantry 1 = 1 stacking point check the unit stats but remember this is not that important in GD1938. In this mod its 500 without penalties. So don't worry about large stacks playing GD1938.

The game is FOW fog of war only no need for shroud the world is known so no need to hide it. If you go to statistics and go to brief then the tab Victory it will list the victory conditions of USA and China make your choice then go to decision room and the 5 options are there just pick the number that corresponds to your choice. Remember you must do this for USA and China on the first turn.

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 5:03:42 PM)

Turn 1 to Japan

Attacked Czechoslovakia and they all turned into Frenchman.

RufusTFirefly -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 5:22:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ANTONIOr

and about settings ,ok for victory condition ,ok for neutral joined your side ,but what about pbem protection ,shroud ,other settings ,?

First time you get the turn you are asked to set a PW. So no one will be able to open your turns except you. (If you loose your PW ... game over.)

When you open the turn you have to play it completly. No save inbetween, no opening twice. In case a player openes the turn a second time a message ois created showing up when next players open the turn, telling that a player has opened his turn twice or more than that.

You will have no influence on what is happening after you send the turn to next player. Interception, defending of attacked units and so on will be handled by AI. Once at war it will be a big surprize each time you open the turn to notice what has happened inbetween and what has become of your forces at front [:'(]

You will get messages in report window being displayed when opening the turn, that tell you what has happened on the diplomatic floor and is noticed by all. So any DoW, any alliance treaty, any diplomatic take over of a minor by a major nation, but no information about who has influenced any minor as long as it has no effect on independence of the minor. You have a card you can play as often as you like to get information about which major is favoured by a minor. This way you can check where your enemies try to get influence and whether a minor you want to influence is prefering someone else.

Make sure to check history log (the book icon in the lower right corner), that will give you a review of what happened inbetween. But it is only displayed what is in visible distance to your units. Due to FoW you wont get any information about any battles, unit movements and so on that are out of sight of your forces. It is helpful to have a look at the map to see what has changed outside of your units recon range (any frontline somewhere changed? any factory displayed on map, indicating what your enemy is building?).

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 8:03:50 PM)

thanks to you all

very clear ,ya ,a lot of clarifications and advices ...

settings, fog of war ,ok

ready to receive from rufus ,password easy to remember ,but I trust all of you ,because we all want to have fun as strategists facing challenges,then in the first turn only ,choose victory conditions for USA China ,play my round ,no save inbetween,no opening twice,then ,after played completely,save ,then send to ironduke[:)]

but I have still few doubts :

in my case ,and in germany italy too ,I guess,have I to do the above procedure for usa ,save ,

then GO TO NEXT TURN TO china ,(doing my stuff ,victory conditions ,moves etc,)then SAVE AND SEND THIS LAST SAVE ?

maybe nobody ,unless me and ironduke ,clicks on the "end turn " button ?

and the passage to the following period of time ,properly the 2nd turn for all players,is done by me ,iron duke ,and or what ?[&:]

ironduke1955 -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 8:42:43 PM)

The game is designed for 8 players. In effect you will be taking two turns so, you press end of turn for the USA and then you will start the turn for the Chinese and then press end of turn for the Chinese it will ask you to save the game you only save at the end of the Chinese turn, that save you send to me.

ANTONIOr -> RE: New to pbem , wish to try the GD 1938 scenario,also Waw,Pacific War (11/19/2013 11:18:50 PM)

thks everybody ironduke rufus jeffrey the ...fog of ...noobness is going away ...

thks also bombur for the file 2.00 L with the fixed issue on Fw 190 ( I guess it was bombur .or ernie ? or who [&:] ? )

thks ernie for his work too ,if we find bugs etc ,we ll take note and report to him ..ok

well I think I m ready ...[:)][sm=tank2-39.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI