RE: Download vs. Physical Option (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Hotschi -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/1/2013 7:18:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi
You are asking for too much - just because YOU do not like the books, nobody should thus be allowed to write that he likes them?

Talk about being self-centered. [8|]

You should learn to show some respect for opinions and tastes different to yours.

hmmm, I have plenty of respect for opinions and tastes other than my own, but that consideration should work both ways.

Then isn't it about time you show the respect you claim to have? And it's good that you realize that that consideration should work both ways, because in your case, it doesn't, not at all.

Aurelian -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/1/2013 7:37:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

You are asking for too much - just because YOU do not like the books, nobody should thus be allowed to write that he likes them?

Talk about being self-centered. [8|]

You should learn to show some respect for opinions and tastes different to yours.

hmmm, I have plenty of respect for opinions and tastes other than my own, but that consideration should work both ways.

Then isn't it about time you show the respect you claim to have? And it's good that you realize that that consideration should work both ways, because in your case, it doesn't, not at all.

It's the not fact that people like them. But the insulting responses from a minority (DSW). Repeated over and over. IMHO anyway.

I like books. I've bought enough of them over the decades. But the only physical copies of games from this company are ones I bought in a store, (Uncommon Valor), or WiTP and Star Shatter. (Bought the last time they were at Lancaster. A long time ago.)

And 76mm, did get the books. They just are not, and may never be, in his hands. Being he is in Russia and IIRC, the manuals are here in the States with his relatives.

And I would imagine that he can play the game just fine using the pdfs.

hkbhsi -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/3/2013 6:53:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We're going to have an announcement next week about our decision on this. I'm sorry for the additional wait, but wanted to let you know more information is coming.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm sorry if I missed it but has the aforementioned announcement been made by Matrix?

b5mith -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/4/2013 1:45:26 AM)

Just had my books delivered today. I'm in Melbourne, Australia; Anyone want them?

Surely the motivation for being forced to buy the books is (somehow) a financial one. From a business perspective, fine; Ethically, it's questionable. The environmental impact of shipping things around the world is not insignificant. Having said that, I bought them so I'm complicit. And I've just come back from a holiday in Europe (I was at Essen, but didn't see the Matrix stand!). I like to think my environmental footprint is still smaller than average, because I don't plan on having kids. :P

I would have been happier with a "Buy the books and throw them in the recycle bin" purchase option, or even a digital version for $180; Anything would have been better than the mystifying and *entirely* pointless (in my case) shipping at great expense.

Ben

JiminyJickers -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/4/2013 10:13:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hkbhsi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We're going to have an announcement next week about our decision on this. I'm sorry for the additional wait, but wanted to let you know more information is coming.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm sorry if I missed it but has the aforementioned announcement been made by Matrix?

No nothing yet, I'm still checking in daily for an update. Hopefully soon.

msvknight -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/6/2013 10:35:31 AM)

Maybe if you are unmarried and your money is your own to spend without explanation; you can justify a $160.00 game. As a married man, that amount has to be defended and justified to someone to whom the entire hobby is akin to me acting like I am 12 again. At least as massive achievement as Hannibal at Cannae. Well more like Custer at Little Big Horn to be honest.

Yes I like the books, but I only bought them because I have been waiting since last century for the computer version of WiF. I eagerly clicked on the $110.00 for the game only to wear $57.00 postage in the neck. I went ahead only because in my head I had committed to buy it before knowing about the 50% delivery premium. At that point I was emotionally committed and went ahead anyway (yes I know Warspite - weak willed. Now shush).

It was always too late for me to save through Matrix changing its conditions as I bought it day 1, but I hope they do so that other people will be able to take advantage of that.

6079SmithW -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/6/2013 11:14:52 AM)

@Michael Knight - hear hear, that was my experience, too.

GrimOne -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/8/2013 1:45:37 AM)

Have just checked the sales option again. Its still $50 to ship to Australia. Which is nearly 40% of the cost of the game.
So I wont be buying today.[:(]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/9/2013 3:30:54 PM)

Apologies guys, I was out last week after a death in the family. I'll update you on this as soon as I can.

Regards,

- Erik

warspite1 -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/9/2013 4:13:26 PM)

My condolences Erik..

Arnir -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/9/2013 5:17:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

My condolences Erik..

Same here.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/9/2013 6:42:28 PM)

It never rains but it pours. [8|]

Sorry to hear of your loss Erik.

wworld7 -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/9/2013 7:14:28 PM)

Erik,

My prayers are with you and your family.

Centuur -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/9/2013 7:47:58 PM)

Sorry to hear of your loss...

tocaff -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/9/2013 8:37:48 PM)

My condolences to you and yours.

danimaning2 -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/17/2013 11:10:54 AM)

Itīs any new, Erik?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Download vs. Physical Option (12/17/2013 2:16:59 PM)

Hi guys, working on getting you news this week.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI