Reenforcement bug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

ksandgren -> Reenforcement bug (11/25/2013 3:16:16 AM)

I'm playing Global War solitaire in May/Jun 1943.
I'm in the reinforcement stage for Italy who has received an ISO Territorial for placement.
The only place in the ISO that is either a city or port already contains an IT Inf, a supply counter and another Ter.
I cannot place the counter in any square in Somaliland because it would be over stacked or not in a city or port.
It wont allow me to ignore the placement and move on so the game is dead until I find a cure.
In other situations that I would think similar, the game has- before demanding placement - stated that due to over
stacking the reinforcement was being returned to the pool to come on a turn later. Not this time.

paulderynck -> RE: Reenforcement bug (11/25/2013 6:51:29 AM)

I think this would be a good game to zip up and send to Steve. The save from just before the reinforcement phase should make the problem easy to find.

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Reenforcement bug (11/25/2013 5:18:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ksandgren

I'm playing Global War solitaire in May/Jun 1943.
I'm in the reinforcement stage for Italy who has received an ISO Territorial for placement.
The only place in the ISO that is either a city or port already contains an IT Inf, a supply counter and another Ter.
I cannot place the counter in any square in Somaliland because it would be over stacked or not in a city or port.
It wont allow me to ignore the placement and move on so the game is dead until I find a cure.
In other situations that I would think similar, the game has- before demanding placement - stated that due to over
stacking the reinforcement was being returned to the pool to come on a turn later. Not this time.

Yes, what Paul posted.

It must be because the unit is a territorial. There is a lot of unique code just for territorials. For instance, sometime in the past few months I wrote some additional code for just this situation when the optional rule Off-City Reinforcements was ON.

oleb -> RE: Reenforcement bug (11/26/2013 10:31:55 AM)

I have a similar problem with a Polish inf. Warsaw is the only Polish city, and it has two corps and a div. The hex NE of Warsaw is controlled by Germany, but is not in enemy ZOC. The Warsaw MIL is correctly delayed for a month. It is not possible to end the phase. Savegame sent.

oleb -> RE: Reenforcement bug (11/26/2013 10:34:18 AM)

Screenshot.

[image]local://upfiles/7810/029B8508B0E54F6191CCE04F9E765174.jpg[/image]

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: Reenforcement bug (12/26/2013 12:58:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ktarn

Screenshot.

[image]local://upfiles/7810/029B8508B0E54F6191CCE04F9E765174.jpg[/image]

I fixed this in version 1.0.8.0 using your saved game.

oleb -> RE: Reenforcement bug (12/26/2013 7:52:24 AM)

Thats great, thx. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI