RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Icemania -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/20/2014 11:18:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Haree78

quote:

ORIGINAL: DrApostle
May I humbly suggest that you take a look at all of the folks who made mods up to this point and give them the update for free. And I hope that Haree78 has been helping you develop this expansion.

I'm involved don't worry ;)
And again it's not my place to reveal stuff but really pleased with what I am able to do with the current version of the Extended mod.
Any previous missing issues for modding are in that I might need.

Can you modify the AI in any meaningful way?

Just a wink is all I need ... [;)]

delphihawk -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/25/2014 10:12:13 AM)

nice, excellent edition!

Iwbtone -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/28/2014 6:11:55 AM)

First, glad to see a whole complete DW package finally arrives, this is a good entering point for new DW gamers, hope more people can taste DW now.

But as Shawdows released not a full year and DWU mostly puts emphasis on modding and some details enhencement, I'm really looking forward to seeing a deep discount for original DW oweners, especially for those bought DW + 3 exps, all cost me 80+ dollars last year[&o]

Anyway I know here is matrix games for niche and hardcore players, not steam store[:D]

Bebop Cola -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/29/2014 7:58:57 PM)

Have any changes been made to the console functions? In particular, can the console be used to grant specific technologies, or are we still required to set technology levels with a broad tech level slider?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/31/2014 2:27:51 PM)

Hi guys,

We're not ready to announce the price yet, but there will be a scaling discount - so the more you own of the previous DW releases, the higher the discount will be to upgrade to Universe.

Regards,

- Erik

Bebop Cola -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/31/2014 8:11:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi guys,

We're not ready to announce the price yet, but there will be a scaling discount - so the more you own of the previous DW releases, the higher the discount will be to upgrade to Universe.

Regards,

- Erik

Do you have any info on my question above, Erik? It may seem like a small thing, but giving, removing, and restricting certain technologies is something I'm really interested in for the purposes of setting up scenarios for my games.

Hotschi -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/31/2014 9:26:52 PM)

That's good news, Erik, especially since I got the "Kaspersky-issue" with Shadows and own the complete series.

Shark7 -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/31/2014 10:18:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

That's good news, Erik, especially since I got the "Kaspersky-issue" with Shadows and own the complete series.

kaspersky issue? Is that a false positive?

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (3/31/2014 11:09:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

kaspersky issue? Is that a false positive?

Yeah Kaspersky and things based on it like ZoneAlarm have to make special exclusion rules for DW:Shadows or have it quarantined and deleted as a virus.

There is a post here with instructions on how to do it, let me see if I can find it.

edit: Found it - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3505051

Hotschi -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/1/2014 6:58:38 PM)

Yes, that's what I meant with "Kaspersky-Issue".

Sure, there's a workaround as described above, but I don't think that solution is a good idea. Excluding a whole install folder from checking viruses and the like - especially when it's a game folder, and thus knowledge about a probable exclusion of such folder might be common - is like keeping a window wide open all the time while locking the door next to it. One could just as well stop using any virus protection at all.

I'd rather wait for Universe and hope for the best.

CyclopsSlayer -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/2/2014 6:36:36 AM)

quote:

Sure, there's a workaround as described above, but I don't think that solution is a good idea. Excluding a whole install folder from checking viruses and the like - especially when it's a game folder, and thus knowledge about a probable exclusion of such folder might be common - is like keeping a window wide open all the time while locking the door next to it. One could just as well stop using any virus protection at all.

Actually you don't exclude the entire DW game folder, just the core "DistantWorlds.exe" file.

JiminyJickers -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/3/2014 8:22:50 PM)

quote:

This definitely needs to be reported, Matrix needs to report that to Kasperksy as a false positive, it would help if you do it too. The problem does not lie in the game, but rather with Kaspersky.

Edit: Changed for clarity, sounded like a demand before but I intended as a request.

Colin_slith -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/6/2014 7:05:13 AM)

I've never been able to make Legends and Shadows install properly after Return. Will the Universe package include all as one install?

Hotschi -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/6/2014 6:10:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyclopsSlayer

Actually you don't exclude the entire DW game folder, just the core "DistantWorlds.exe" file.

Stupid me then, eh? [:D] Seriously, that's bad enough - for my taste. Whether I should report this to Kaspersky... or matrixgames... I'd say this issue is known since October last year, so I reckon Kaspersky already knows about it - and did bloody nothing about it. Whether it's up to matrixgames to report anything - after all it's stuff they sell which is affected - I don't comment on this.

I will wait for Universe. Been waiting since release of DW (my old Laptop I had until December couldn't handle it) and I can wait some more months.

Spidey -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/17/2014 6:19:24 PM)

So, uhm, how's it going, guys? Any news? Any updates? Any plans to launch a massive marketing campaign that will shake the entire Interweb in its digital boots? Maybe just some more concrete specs? Or a 45 second trailer video with big explosions and dramatic music? Something? Anything?

I don't mean to be demanding, but if you're not going to increase the font color to give more contrast (which I imagine is hard due to font antialiasing) or give us a different font that isn't quite as gnarly, then at least trickle out some more details. Please? Pretty please? [:)]

ncc1701e -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/17/2014 8:39:29 PM)

[sm=00000947.gif] All Distant Worlds in one bundle, looking forward to it.

DevildogFF -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/18/2014 9:05:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

Regards,

- Erik

At this risk of getting kicked off these forums, I must continue to say that your marketing in general sucks.

I hope that Distant Worlds finds another publisher. It deserves better.

FireLion1983 -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 2:09:34 AM)

Agreed! Why is this game not on Steam, where it would actually garner some popularity?

Mad Igor -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 2:47:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FireLion1983

Steam

Holy Ale ! this word again... Steam is not a solution for HIV and cancer deal with it.
if i were a mod,i'd ban you...but i'm not,thus i'm sad :<

FireLion1983 -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 8:39:43 AM)

Ban me for expressing an opinion on a public forum? [&:]

Games usually live or die by how well they do on Steam. This game is extremely niche, when it should be performing as well as Civ! :)

Ralzakark -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 8:41:10 AM)

And if I were a moderator, I'd expect that new members of the forum would not necessarily be aware of or care about previous heated discussions concerning steam.

Distant Worlds is a great game FireLion1983, regardless of its distribution route. Hope you enjoy it! [:)]

FireLion1983 -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 8:42:18 AM)

Can't stop watching Let's Plays and trying to figure out how this game works - definitely in love! [:'(]

Icemania -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 9:56:49 AM)

Welcome to the DW forums FireLion.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Igor
Holy Ale ! this word again... Steam is not a solution for HIV and cancer deal with it.
if i were a mod,i'd ban you...but i'm not,thus i'm sad :<

Mad Igor, as you would say, calm your tits man! [:D]

feygan -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 10:31:42 AM)

Do not see what the problem is with folks talking about steam and DW. PErsonally I don't like steam and do not have it, but there are plenty of titles that are available through multiple methods including steam as such having DW on there would do no harm and only serve to increase the potential customer base for the game. Considering the shambles of Matrix Games marketing it seems odd for some folks to get so angry about the prospect of the game being available to more people.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 1:42:27 PM)

Let's not turn this thread into another debate about that please.

More news coming this week.

Regards,

- Erik

Spidey -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 4:55:36 PM)

Sounds good, Erik. Looking forward to it.

Osito -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 7:30:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spidey

Sounds good, Erik. Looking forward to it.

Agreed.

Erik, is there any chance we'll get the modding guide before the expansion itself? You know, 'ground', 'running', 'hit', rearrange in you own preferred order, and so on?

Osito

FireLion1983 -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/19/2014 7:43:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

Welcome to the DW forums FireLion.

Thank you, sir! [:D]

tbrass -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/22/2014 2:20:21 AM)

I must admit, I am a little disappointed in the marketing efforts for Universe. As the owner of Legends, I was excited to learn that I'd be able to bundle shadows content and the (mysterious and unknown) Universe content into a single package. But I haven't learned anything about Universe since it's announcement several months ago.

Another indie studio, Arcen games (you may know 'em for AI war), announced it's latest space strategy/tactics title "The Last Federation," in a similar timeframe, dropped info and built excitement, and finally released today through DRM-free and Steam-code channels. It's currently #7 on the steam sales chart--above Civ 5, Skyrim, and Kerbal!

I sincerely hope that Matrix can raise similar interest in DW, because it is worth it (and the success of TLF shows that an atypical, indie, space strategy title can have success with the broader market.)

(sorry for the late first post, but having to sign up for 3 separate accounts to get access to the forums was a bit of a hassle (that is, store account, matrix club account, and separate forum account.))

Spidey -> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Announced! (4/25/2014 2:59:09 AM)

Yo Erik, week's almost up. Just thought I'd let you know. [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI