Could this be the next PC game? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad

markhwalker -> Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 11:43:18 AM)

Heroes of the Pacific (the board game)is barreling down the release pike. Below is the example of play from the game's rules. Never one to shy away from a chance to multipurpose what I've written, I'm also posting it as a blog. Clever, no? No? I mean right? Should this be the next PC game?

Heroes of the Pacific Example of Play http://tinyurl.com/l6bk6ld

berto -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 12:16:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Heroes of the Pacific... Should this be the next PC game?

Yes!!

[sm=innocent0001.gif]

dox44 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 2:29:53 PM)

yes!

maitrebongo -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 3:06:15 PM)

Sure, i will buy one...

usgrandprix -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 5:05:24 PM)

I really dig tabletop and digital LnL so I'd get it for sure. Beach landings would be brutal, of course. It would be cool if it added to the digital game a few new mechanics like new hero card abilities, terrain types, weapon capabilities, new SMCs, amphib AFVs, and the like.

tyrion22 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 6:17:58 PM)

I would buy it. I think it would be my first choice too, since I don't have any computer game for the pacific theater.

NZgunner -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 10:37:38 PM)

go for it!!

the Pacific theatre is the poor cousin for tactical WW2 games, but has two big things going for it from a gameplay perspective - fewer vehicles (vehicles are always a bit tricky to represent in turn based tactical games) and one side (the Japanese) pretty much in static defensive positions, which is ideal for solo scenarios against the AI (if you play as the Americans that is!!)

I assume that there would be some rule differences in the PTO version of LnL to make it a worthwhile expansion - one of the problems (if you choose to see it as a problem!!) you've created for yourself with HoS is the ability for others to add content that can cover a wider range of conflict than the base game

Tom Proudfoot -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/20/2014 11:24:33 PM)

Not too worried about that, each nation and time period has special rules. Just off the top of my head, Pacific has caves and banzai charges and jamming machine guns; Blitzkrieg has hit-and-run movement and cavalry; the modern stuff has helicopters and multiple ammo types for vehicles. Lots of things to add. [:'(]

johnasl -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 12:01:42 AM)

You have my vote. I just watched The Sands of Iwo Jima a few weeks ago. Had to grab the counter as my avatar...

midgard30 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 3:05:45 AM)

Would this be a new stand alone game or expansion pack?

Surely, it would be on my must have list. Eventually, I hope to see Band of Brothers, Italy and Heroes of the Gap. And somewhere between all that an expansion of the Eastern Front.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stryker
Had to grab the counter as my avatar

Is this Gregory Peck?

rickier65 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 3:37:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: macob30

Would this be a new stand alone game or expansion pack?

Surely, it would be on my must have list. Eventually, I hope to see Band of Brothers, Italy and Heroes of the Gap. And somewhere between all that an expansion of the Eastern Front.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stryker
Had to grab the counter as my avatar

Is this Gregory Peck?

I think your looking at the Duke. (John Wayne)

baloo7777 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 4:35:19 AM)

I would purchase it gladly! [8D]

midgard30 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 6:10:42 AM)

Hummm, I would bet on Robert Mitchum.

Three heroes (in order):
Gregory Peck
Robert Mitchum
John Wayne aka The Duke

[image]local://upfiles/17487/19BBEDC343794D77BB11424F07AC7936.jpg[/image]

berto -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 10:53:38 AM)

Nope. Definitely John Wayne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sands_of_Iwo_Jima

fran52 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 2:57:14 PM)

Fantastic news.Hope to see also the landing craft.Sure,i buy iy.

LO72 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 4:13:02 PM)

YES!

midgard30 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 4:21:23 PM)

Ah... ok, I didn't realized the counter was based on that movie (that I didn't see). It must be the cigar that confused me. [;)]

Werewolf13 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 5:01:45 PM)

Pacific theatre is interesting but wouldn't be my first choice.

America Conqured would be unique. WWIII with werewolves and vampires? That would be cool.

jhdeerslayer -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 8:42:28 PM)

yes

Harv -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/21/2014 11:42:24 PM)

Oh please oh please oh please oh please make this the next one.

Please?

It's time for the Pacific theatre, just say no to the ETO. [:)]

Noypi53 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/22/2014 5:29:24 AM)

My first choice would be the Vietnam War. This was Lock n Load's boardgame roots & it'd be nice to see a PC version. Pacific War would be 2nd.

Hexagon -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/22/2014 8:47:53 AM)

Well, the Pacific is the "poor cousin" in WWII wargaming, is allways bullied by Normandy-MarketGarden-Bulge and East front gorillas with all their heavy metal [8|]

I think a Pacific title is a good add because apart the typical topic of island fights and jungle combats you can find a lot more in this area... you have blitzkrieg fights (Malaya, Manchuria), big combats (China), strong urban combats (Manila), airborne operations (Dutch East Indies) and well, if you add some what ifs are a lot of good options here... in both sides hehehe.

To be fair you need more than 1 title to cover all because Pacific is not only Marines VS Japanese and this is the fun thing in a title like LnL, with a good base of units (or with the help of superb moders here) you can have a title for all tastes, not only for islandfighters [sm=character0077.gif]

EDIT: i like to armor in the Pacific, is more a support unit and weaker in close terrain... more than infantry VS infantry i feel here like in Close Combat series, tanks are a trump than the pack of cards [:'(]

laska2k8 -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/24/2014 9:52:12 AM)

I continue to fight for western front title...

Hexagon -> RE: Could this be the next PC game? (4/25/2014 10:19:32 AM)

Yea, poor west front 1944 find a wargame covering it is very hard [:D]

Lets see, maybe west title is a sure hit, other front could be more random... i feel before see a new serie (other periods) we are going to see a WWII title more, i have this feeling, and if they plan do this i think a west title is the option, you know, east-west over east-something less exploited.

NZgunner -> Stand alone or expansion? (4/26/2014 9:23:07 PM)

Do you think that you would add content/rules to the base game in a DLC type of way or release the new game as a stand alone product?

A lot of people are probably hoping that eventually they'll have a LnL sandbox where they can create any scenario from the board game versions - rather than a series of stand alone games some of which have rules that others don't (especially more generic rules like machine gun jams).

Maps and counters are the easy bit, the real work would go into incorporating the additional rules and programming the AI to work with them properly - and then reworking scenarios.

Hotschi -> RE: Stand alone or expansion? (4/26/2014 9:46:05 PM)

I would definitely buy it, also because the Pacific Theatre is my main interest.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Stand alone or expansion? (4/30/2014 3:35:24 AM)

Oh, I'd buy the game tonight if it was available.

hjc -> RE: Stand alone or expansion? (4/30/2014 3:53:32 AM)

Sometimes I feel sorry for all the Pacific theatre guys, it does seem to be a fairly neglected wargame topic. So why not.
After that, Vietnam would be good - looking through the board games (which I'm not familiar with) on the LnL site, "forgotten heroes"?

Hexagon -> RE: Stand alone or expansion? (4/30/2014 11:17:37 AM)

Maybe i feel Pacific war is more "fair" you have in both sides armies, in Vietnam is the asymmetric warfare and for me in a wargame is not interesting even when Vietnam has some good points but maybe for me out of the jungle combats.

Well, for me Pacific is not only the typical island fight (for example Guadalcanal and Philpines in 42-44 are not the usual island fight), you have the initial japanase blitz with armor, airborne assaults... and of course the continental fight in Burma and China... even more you can add Manchuria in 1945 and some good what ifs.

Now maybe i prefer know the LnL evolution (independent games, DLCs etc etc) and decide what i prefer touch first, i dont close my HD to non WWII titles [:D]

Something interesting i read in a post is why not a "random central", something like you have in "Field of Glory" with his army creator... here you can pick a random scenario, select units from a list by armies and periods and have a fast game... of course you can create more elavorated scenarios but you can pick a map from the titles/DLCs you buy and same with armies but you can use to the maps and armies create by modders.

The idea is made LnL an open game like "Steel Panthers" give value via modders/players work.

fran52 -> RE: Stand alone or expansion? (5/12/2014 1:39:42 PM)

Please Tom, keep us informed about the development time of this game.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI