Better training results with modern aircraft? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

margeorg -> Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/11/2014 6:47:12 PM)

Here´s another noob question: Can I excpect to get better training results (i.e. faster advance) by changing the planes in a squad from an old model to more modern ones? Or does it not matter at all which model they are flying?

Gaspote -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/11/2014 7:25:23 PM)

I don't think, I tried with B4Y and B5N or A5M4 and A6M2, saw no differences.

Best method to accelerate training are :
-80+ leader (flying leader) with really high leadership (80+)
-some 80+ pilot to increase the average skill of the squadron, pilot under get a training bonus
-100% training, 0 hex range, lowest altitude to keep fatigue low and moral high
-maximum number of pilot, 133%
-lvl 10 airfield with air HQ and lot of supplies

btd64 -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/11/2014 7:28:52 PM)

Yeah, I haven't seen any difference in the training either. I use all restricted state side(as an example) squadrons for training, and I set them to no upgrade or replacements. I will add aditional aircraft as necessary. GP

dr.hal -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/11/2014 8:35:48 PM)

Keep your old slow aircraft training.... indeed swop out newer aircraft for older models if the unit is restricted and won't be fighting anytime soon...

LoBaron -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/11/2014 10:12:56 PM)

Training result is not tied to the airframe. Using outdated airframes for training units is a viable tactic to increase the availability of more modern airframes to frontline units.

PaxMondo -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/11/2014 10:24:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Using outdated airframes for training units is a viable tactic to increase the availability of more modern airframes to frontline units.

Especially as it is consistent with history. [8D]

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/12/2014 3:20:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gaspote

is this last point confirmed to get a training bonus?

jmalter -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/12/2014 3:32:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury
quote:

I would think not. For best training, keep altitude low (5k' max) & range=0, & fill the group w/ 133% pilots to keep fatigue to a minimum. The airgroup's commander should also have Leadership & Inspiration above 50.

I get better training results when all pilots in the group have a similar EXP ratings, say a max EXP differential of 5. This usually involve a click-fest, to re-assign trainee pilots among those groups used for training.

Use 2nd-line airframes for training groups, don't give them the best planes. Newb pilots from the replacement queue will train OK if the group's airframes are understrength, but as their EXP advances into the high 40s, they'll do better w/ 100% airframes.

Alfred -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/12/2014 3:36:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

quote:

No.

All those "points" have grown up to become a mantra for pilot training and are consistently trotted out but they are all irrelevant.

Alfred

margeorg -> RE: Better training results with modern aircraft? (5/12/2014 12:39:04 PM)

Thanks guys ! Prepare for next noob question to come up soon *g*

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI