Redeem your free Steam key! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Surtur -> Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 12:30:25 PM)

*** EDIT ***

The process of redeeming a Steam key has been changed because of the new site design. Please see the new instructions here:
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=93585

OzoneGrif_slith -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 12:39:51 PM)

quote:

Hacking attempt!
Activation Corrupted!

On the Slitherine website, while trying to activate my new account.

Cauldyth -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 12:41:25 PM)

Woo, registered on Steam now!

Cauldyth -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 12:42:07 PM)

Happened to me too Ozone. I used the reset password button on the account I just created, then used the new password and it worked.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 12:42:35 PM)

Ozone can you give us more info - report the issue to support@slitherine.co.uk and we'll find out what the issue is.

Icemania -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 12:51:59 PM)

No problems getting the Steam key, good work.

OzoneGrif_slith -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 12:54:35 PM)

Ian: I sent an email explaining precisely what steps I did to get into that corrupt account.

Cauldyth: Thank you, it actually worked perfectly. I got my Steam key :)

Bingeling -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 1:06:40 PM)

I also had to reset password to get the sliterine site to work. The password worked neither for login or serial input.

After resetting I changed back to my original password, and I got my steam serial.

Maybe the register page truncates passwords longer than 8 or 10 chars, or something?

Icemania -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 1:12:38 PM)

Yep, also had to reset.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 1:19:20 PM)

I'll ask the web team to look at this.

Tavior -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 1:40:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

I'll ask the web team to look at this.

I manage to somehow log on despite the website saying my "current" password is wrong. But I manage to snatch up the Steam Code.

I will eventually come back and try to fix my password but for now I am a happy camper!

P.S. I feel bad for anyone not getting from Matrix just cause we get it earlier.

rankalee -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 1:49:57 PM)

I had the password bug as well.

Reset password worked as others mentioned... got my steam key now thanks!

Sucks that steam wont let me download the game yet until release date 24/5 (australia).. but it only about 40mins away now. edit* oops 10 hours away... why? shouldn't it unlock at midnight 24th? not 9am... :(

Thanks DW team for the step by step guide.

WiZz -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 1:51:31 PM)

Also had need to reset my password (was 8 symbols), but registered game and redeem steamkey successfully.

Zazen -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 2:01:51 PM)

Yup, it also did the same thing to me. I had to make it generate me a new random password and email it to me. Once I logged in with that everything was fine.

ASHBERY76 -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 2:20:37 PM)

Password messed up for me too.It's bad enough having to look at all that green.

Atrocities -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 3:56:00 PM)

quote:

To register your serials & redeem your steam keys please go here

Once you have registered a serial a button will appear to generate a Steam key. Click the button and the page will update to show your key. This page will track all the Steam keys you have redeemed.

THIS DID NOT HAPPEN.

Sorry mate, but no pop up, nothing. The game registered itself upon purchase and there was nothing in the email about STEAM key. I cannot find any information on the members page about it either.

Please advise.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 4:00:20 PM)

Please note the Steam key redemption is through the Slitherine site, not the Matrix Members Club. Sorry for the extra step, but it's where we had the system setup for previous releases.

JiminyJickers -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 4:02:09 PM)

The Slitherine site seems to be borked. Gave me the corrupt profile error as well, I have tried to reset password but I can't even open the website at the moment, it just hangs.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 4:04:04 PM)

Hi Jiminy,

Might be worth trying again - I just tested and it came up for me, so it may be having some intermittent load issues.

Regards,

- Erik

JiminyJickers -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 4:07:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Jiminy,

Might be worth trying again - I just tested and it came up for me, so it may be having some intermittent load issues.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik,

Yes, it is working again now, have sorted out my account and Steam key.

Cheers.

tbrass -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 4:07:15 PM)

Me #15. Registered for a new slitherine account (to go along with my matrix, matrix club, matrix forums, plimus accounts, several with different emails, because not every system accepts a "+" symbol in an email). Tried to register my serial. No dice. Finally reset my password, and the Slitherine system was happy, so I was able to get a steam code that works.

Atrocities -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 4:20:00 PM)

Registered and entered in the serial number - NO EFFING POP UP! Nothing. Just updated the page and nothing. :( At this point I am become very frustrated with this entire process.

It took the system a while to update but the key is in the STEAM KEY's section of their site if you ever need to find yours. It didn't list it for me for about 20 minutes or so but it eventually showed up.

Tr0ll13n -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 4:40:43 PM)

OK, process is a little tedious because of the switch between Matrix Games and Slithering sites, issues with the password and general slowness of Slitherine, but eventually I managed to purchase the game with the appropriate discount and get the Steam key.

Keep trying guys, you'll get there also.

Good luck,

Jean-Marc.

Jumbik -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 5:59:22 PM)

The redeem function does not recognize my serial keys that I have on my Matrix account. Do I have to do some synchronization?

Grotius -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 6:03:16 PM)

The process worked flawlessly for me. Upgraded to Universe here at Matrix for $9.99; logged into my Slitherine account; clicked to generate a steam key; got the key.

Now, as for *using* the Steam key: I can't do that until the game unlocks on Steam this evening (eastern time USA), right? Is it just something you enter while "purchasing" the game?

Also, does the game have Steam Achievements? Wondering whether I should reinstall using my Steam key to take advantage of those.

Shark7 -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 6:09:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rankalee

I had the password bug as well.

Reset password worked as others mentioned... got my steam key now thanks!

Sucks that steam wont let me download the game yet until release date 24/5 (australia).. but it only about 40mins away now. edit* oops 10 hours away... why? shouldn't it unlock at midnight 24th? not 9am... :(

Thanks DW team for the step by step guide.

I know waiting sucks, but I think you will definitely find DW:U worth the wait. Hang in there.[:)]

I am also glad that they released on Steam for those that want it (despite my own feelings about Steam). I know all our new players will enjoy it.

Jumbik -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 6:13:10 PM)

I have to upgrade even if I have all the data discs?

I have bought the original game with each expansion pack... do I have to pay even more to have it in one package?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

The process worked flawlessly for me. Upgraded to Universe here at Matrix for $9.99; logged into my Slitherine account; clicked to generate a steam key; got the key.

Now, as for *using* the Steam key: I can't do that until the game unlocks on Steam this evening (eastern time USA), right? Is it just something you enter while "purchasing" the game?

Also, does the game have Steam Achievements? Wondering whether I should reinstall using my Steam key to take advantage of those.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 6:18:41 PM)

Hi Jumbik,

It's not just a new package. Like the other expansions, it's about a year of additional development time and a new expansion (mostly on modding capabilities, but also on many other improvements).

You should use the upgrade discount process to decrease the price substantially.

Regards,

- Erik

Tr0ll13n -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 6:19:30 PM)

Yes Jumbik, the Steam version will cost you $10 if you already have all the previous ones and follow the above process. On top of the Steam installation, which is good, we also get much improved modding capabilities apparently.

Good luck,

JM.

Jumbik -> RE: Redeem your free Steam key! (5/23/2014 6:25:12 PM)

So the Steam overlay and steam workshop are supported?

If yes then well done, you deserve your money.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Jumbik,

It's not just a new package. Like the other expansions, it's about a year of additional development time and a new expansion (mostly on modding capabilities, but also on many other improvements).

You should use the upgrade discount process to decrease the price substantially.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI