RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

HansBolter -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 10:43:03 AM)

John 3rd,

I've played into the first week of January in BTs solo. The AI is following a pretty much historical course.

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out as I haven't read the entire thread, but there seems to be a glitch in the configuration of the CVL Kings Mountain.

It is equipped with a small (6 planes) torpedo squadron, but the ship has no torpedo capacity. Neither do any of the other ahistorical CVLs, but none of those come equipped with a torpedo squadron like KM.

Can we update ongoing games as you find and correct things and upload new versions?

btd64 -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 12:12:54 PM)

John, I concur with Hans. Also, Hans, If you are playing as the Allies you will be OK with the AI. Don't know at this point how far into the game you can get with the AI without the AI breaking....GP

ny59giants -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 1:07:54 PM)

Indian Brigades - I just found out that the 44 Indian Bde (ID 6444) and 45 Indian Bde (ID 6453) need to have their "TOE ID" corrected. Right now they go to a blank slot. [:(] They should BOTH be 2846 which is the 41 Indian Bde TO&E.

Please correct, Sir John!

EDIT - Just saw 46 Indian Bde (ID 6452) needs to be corrected too.

JuanG -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 1:29:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

John 3rd,

I've played into the first week of January in BTs solo. The AI is following a pretty much historical course.

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out as I haven't read the entire thread, but there seems to be a glitch in the configuration of the CVL Kings Mountain.

It is equipped with a small (6 planes) torpedo squadron, but the ship has no torpedo capacity. Neither do any of the other ahistorical CVLs, but none of those come equipped with a torpedo squadron like KM.

Can we update ongoing games as you find and correct things and upload new versions?

I took at look at this class - it has the same problem as on the earlier ones you fixed (G.6 I believe?), the device slots 1-10 and 11-20 are transposed.

Also, I noticed that for the CL Mogami the C 3x15.5cm turret is added to the end of the weapon list. If you don't mind John I can easily relocate it to between the F and R turrets, which is aesthetically nicer and easier to read off ammo for.

HansBolter -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 2:48:51 PM)

JuanG,

I'm glad you answered. I believe you are the one who created the off-board air bases along the eastern board edge.

As I understand it they are for buying out extra squadrons for the Pacific with PPs.

Not that I think I will ever need them against the AI, but I would like to learn how they work.

I can mouse over them and get an info fly-out, but cannot see any way to access them.

Can you point me to where the discussion is on how they work?

oldman45 -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 3:32:39 PM)

Hans, this is where it all started, I don't think it changed much.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3532557

JuanG -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 4:03:53 PM)

As mentioned in the Aircraft Purchases guide;

quote:

These bases cannot be accessed by clicking on them and instead the steps described below must be used to access them and their air groups.

Air Groups corresponding to the bases nationality will arrive throughout the war. To access the bases, use the ‘Bases’ list at the top of the game interface (the white star on a green background) to open a list of bases in the game. The ‘purchase’ bases have their names enclosed by round brackets, making them easy to find at the top of the bases list.

So, hit this button to show the 'Bases' list;
[image]http://imageshack.com/a/img907/6186/2RgW2a.png[/image]

Then pick out the base for the nationality you want;
[image]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/4559/pbbm.png[/image]

The airgroups can be found on the aircraft panel for the base, which you can access by hitting the little airfield icon on the base info page.

Note that the first purchasable airgroups arrive in mid December 1941.

btd64 -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 7:46:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

JuanG,

I'm glad you answered. I believe you are the one who created the off-board air bases along the eastern board edge.

As I understand it they are for buying out extra squadrons for the Pacific with PPs.

Not that I think I will ever need them against the AI, but I would like to learn how they work.

I can mouse over them and get an info fly-out, but cannot see any way to access them.

Can you point me to where the discussion is on how they work?

Hey Juan, I attached the pdf file for your Airframe purchase system....GP

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 8:48:47 PM)

Hi Guys. Michael told me about the Indian Brigades and that there was some good chatter going on in the Thread. It is always good to be the King. I decided to come home for a few minutes and read.

Thanks for catching that stuff guys. Really torques me off to do such a ROOKIE mistake as flipping the 1-10 and 11-20 fields around. DUMB!

Juan: I am now sending you the most current set of files for you to correct. Thanks for offering and since I won't be home for another eight hours I figure 'why not.' Tackle the stuff mentioned above and send the files back with your change list. I shall Post on the Web Site ASAP.

Thanks everyone!

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 8:49:51 PM)

I am assuming that this issue is only in BTS. Lets fix that then I will take a look at the Treaty Mod.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/28/2014 8:52:01 PM)

Juan: Files sent in email.

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/29/2014 1:09:28 PM)

I got the revamped files from Juan and they are now Posted on the Web Site. We're now at BTS 1.3. Thanks for Posting the issues. Appreciate the help as we work these bugs out of the scenario!

Had a long day at work and really appreciate Juan tackling this. He cleaned up the Mogami's, fixed King's Mountain, and got those Indian Brigades aligned with their TO&E.

Keep looking and playing team!

miv792 -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/31/2014 7:47:02 AM)

*del

JuanG -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/31/2014 7:52:19 AM)

Yes, that is normal.

Please read this post by me, along with the .pdf guide linked by General Patton in the post after it, for an explanation.

miv792 -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (8/31/2014 7:53:53 AM)

quote:

Yes, that is normal.

Please read this post by me, along with the .pdf guide linked by General Patton in the post after it, for an explanation.

Sorry, already found when I read the top posts. Thank you for your work!

DOCUP -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (9/2/2014 1:51:26 AM)

John.  DLed the new BTS 1.3 and noticed somethings.  You moved two of the Colorados to Bremerton, the shipyard is actually worse than Alameda.  I also noticed more damage to these two ships.  Is this intended? I also noticed that the durability will jump from 136 to 160 and back to 136 to another number and back again. Is this also intended?

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (9/2/2014 2:15:40 AM)

Usually when you ask the question "was this intended?' The answer is NO!

I did move them due to a misunderstanding with Michael. Forgot to move them back. The durability is STUPID and will fix.

As always DOCUP--Thanks...

ny59giants -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (9/2/2014 2:32:21 AM)

Almost all the American industry should be 50% damaged (including repair shipyards) and require months and lots of supplies to repair. I wish I could do something to slowly ramp up American industrial might, but this was the best I could come up with. Do you think more should be damaged??

DOCUP -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (9/2/2014 3:14:02 AM)

John.  Your welcome.  I haven't had much time lately.  I didn't know if I had missed something new with the mod.   Tell me how do you guys do multiple games with RL.  I really like this mod but can't seem to find the time for a second game right now.   Not complaining.

ny59giants -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (9/7/2014 10:44:40 AM)

Ambonia Defense CD (ID 5908) - It is set to prep for Balikpapan and should be for Ambon (base ID 1210).

John 3rd -> RE: Between the Storms 1.2 (9/7/2014 10:51:05 PM)

I got a 'nudge' from Cribtop and got the Scenario Description done for BTS. Will upload it to the website.

On the subject of art, please note that SuluSea's WONDERFUL screenshots for Allied and Japanese Open Loading Screens as well as Mod art on the page with the Scenario Description are available in the combined Art Folder. Allied/Japanese Open Loading or just Screens are the folders you want. Just copy/paste them into your art file directory. They are well done.

John 3rd -> RA--BTS Update (9/12/2014 5:44:39 PM)

An error was caught in RA that is also in BTS. The new Japanese CLs had a main gun directional issue. This is now fixed for both and am uploading the new game files now.

John 3rd -> RE: RA--BTS Update (9/12/2014 5:51:52 PM)

Uploads done.

John 3rd -> RE: RA--BTS Update (9/12/2014 6:08:12 PM)

...also fixed the Colorado Class BB durability inconsistency...

btd64 -> RE: RA--BTS Update (9/12/2014 7:50:01 PM)

Thank you John.....GP

Adolf Galland -> RE: RA--BTS Update (9/14/2014 10:00:21 PM)

Hello

I can not see cl - claa conversion and the other conversions all not active in Ra 7.2 and Bts 1.3 why ???

I have no idea why...

John 3rd -> RE: RA--BTS Update (9/14/2014 10:58:37 PM)

Everything SHOULD work. It is in my Treaty Mod Game with Lew. I shall pull up a game with RA or BTS and look.

John 3rd -> RE: RA--BTS Update (9/14/2014 11:44:41 PM)

Just went through RA and all the conversion APPEAR to be there. Which Scenario are you looking at and what ship--specifically?

John 3rd -> RE: RA--BTS Update (9/15/2014 6:54:34 PM)

Am doing some cleaning within the Modsand just wanted to make sure I have the conversion process done in the Editor:

1. Original Ship Class
---Click 'Convert From'
---Create a new Bind #

2. New Class
---Date (Month-Year) new Class
---Click 'Convert to'
---Use same Bind number as above.

CORRECT?

I ask this because a couple of the conversions are not showing up on the individual ship screens and I am slightly perplexed. The ships show the UPGRADES but not the conversion (like CL Nagara to CLAA Nagara).

John 3rd -> Conversion Check (9/15/2014 7:02:55 PM)

Here is a specific (with Screen Shot) of the G.6 CAV as built:

[image]local://upfiles/18041/10E9ABA9EDE1486AA9E4B451E41B6ABA.jpg[/image]

Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI